Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. AFL rosters are supposed to be announced today. Haven't seen the seven players the Cubs are sending - so far, I've only seen the DBacks and Phillies' prospects who are going. Jaxx manager Pat Listach will be one of Mesa's managers.
  2. Yeah, I'm real excited about Huseby.
  3. Probable Starters: Iowa: RHP Wade Miller (0-0, 4.50 ERA, overall: 1-0, 2.70 ERA) vs. LHP Derek Lee (5-10, 4.18 ERA) WT: LHP Chris Shaver (6-8, 2.95 ERA; overall: 6-8, 2.76 ERA) vs. LHP Steve Hammond (5-4 2.31 ERA) Daytona: LHP Donnie Veal (5-2, 1.70 ERA; overall: 10-5, 2.23 ERA) Peoria: RHP Joel Santo (2-3, 5.55 ERA; overall: 8-9, 5.41 ERA) @ RHP Jeff Kamrath (0-7, 4.31 ERA) Boise: RHP Mike Billek (2-3, 7.29 ERA; overall: 6-9, 7.00 ERA) @ James Heuser (4-3, 3.93 ERA) Mesa: LHP Taylor Paker (1-2, 2.47 ERA) Miller: 30 IP, 26/7, 1.13 WHIP Shaver: 140 IP, 119/40, 1.31 WHIP Veal: 137.1 IP, 146/73, 1.14 WHIP Santo: 116.1 IP, 69/68, 1.61 WHIP Billek: 99 IP, 56/34, 1.67 WHIP Parker: 43.2 IP, 28/9, 1.17 WHIP
  4. I'd definitely have Pawelek one spot higher. Petrick and Huseby higher (in the top 10 each). Dylan Johnston lower. I like Justin Berg and Mark Holliman a bit, I'd try to include them in the back end of the top 25. Wouldn't know how or where to rank Larry Suarez.
  5. Mesa wins 8-1. Great game for Carrillo - 4 shutout with 7 Ks. Cedric Bennett also chipped in with 3 Ks in 2 innings.
  6. I agree. Not getting out is waaaay lame. Yeah man. Every fantasy league I've ever played in has obp as a stat. Oh wait, no league I've ever played in has that as a stat. Never mind. A bunch nerds like the fantasy geeks you talked about use computers to research crap like medicine, science, and technology. I don't have a lot of use for that stuff. If I get constant headaches, I'm not gonna go get a "CT Scan." If I have horrible vision, I'm not going to get "laser surgery." Basically, everything that I need to know, I learned when I was 6. Everything else is frivolous gobbily-[expletive] that can't in any way educate me further on a subject I'm interested or teach me anything of value that would help me along in life. Critical thinking is almost as lame as not getting out in baseball. Almost. Come on, wolf. You know that that's way out of line. I want to reiterate Cuse's post, there has been a lot of border-line stuff. This is a nice, interesting thread. Please stick to the rules, folks.
  7. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/gamelog?statsId=6014&year=2005 He was down at .226/.301/.428 on May 26th and .234/.308/.443 on May 28th, before using a 9 for 13 streak to raise his season line to .267/.333/.506 by the end of the month.
  8. Now 6 Ks for Marco: 3 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 1 BB, 6 K. The starting pitcher for the Rangers threw 5 wild pitches in 2 innings, their reliever has thrown 2 in 4 innings.
  9. No clue. I know craig was asking about him, he definitely isn't getting the hype in terms of stuff or age that Bernard, Ceda, Dolis, and Hernandez are getting, but I haven't seen anything about him.
  10. Mesa's now up 8-1 in the middle of the 6th. Marco Carrillo has struck out 5 in 2 shutout innings. :shock: Drew Rundle is 0 for 1 with 2 HBPs. Cliff Andersen is 1 for 3 with an RBI single and a strikeout.
  11. Nope, imagination. Then Huseby struck out everyone. As far as I'm concerned he was hitting 142 with his fastball. And has a 100 mph outlaw curve. :D Yeah, I'm following by boxscore.
  12. Yeah, he started out real slow last year too (he was hitting around .230 in the end of May, if I recall correctly) but in 2004, he was strong pretty much all season.
  13. Mesa is up 3-1 in the bottom of the 4th. No strikeouts is certainly disappointing. Chris Huseby's night is over, his final line: 3 IP, 1 ER, 1 H, 2 BB, 0 K. Marco Carrillo is now in and has thrown a shutout inning.
  14. Huseby gave up a run in the second inning on a leadoff single, a steal and two groundouts. 2 IP, 1 ER, 1 H, 2 BB. Mesa scored a run in the bottom of the 2nd, they're up 3-1 after 2. And they haven't gotten a hit yet.
  15. Mesa up 2-0 after 1. Heredia and Samson walked, Rundle was HBP and then Heredia and Samson scored on wild pitches.
  16. Mesa is coming up in the bottom of the first in a scoreless game. Huseby: 1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 BB, 0 K.
  17. They were talking about Bynum on WGN radio. Yuck. . Sounds about right, he's rehabbing with Iowa.
  18. Are you trying to imply I don't watch games? My guess is I've watched as many games as the majority of people on this forum this year. Errr...no. What I said is my general opinion on the usage of stats to solely make a decision. i.e. Batter A is 3-6 against picher A but is batting .250 for the year. Batter B is hitting 1-6 against Pitcher A but is hitting .320 for the year. Lets play Batter A due to his awesome stats against Pitcher A. Here, you're picking one of two different stats to work from. I'd mroe than likely go with Batter B (depending on how many plate appearances each has had this season) because he's a better hitter over the course of the season. I doubt too many would pick Batter A here.
  19. In his most recent blog, Dierker referred to BA with RISP a "dubious" stat. My love for the man in Hawaiian shirts grows daily. Good Kent, how I wish he would run this organization!) But Hendry and his Hawaiian shirts already runs this organization!
  20. Good outing for Sean, still would like to see those walks a bit lower. But he, like Donnie Veal, seems to be doing really well despite the walk rates. Ron was talking about seeing Gallagher and Veal on the team to start next season. That'd be a hell of a 1-2 punch in a minor league rotation.
  21. One of the posters in this thread is a scout for a big league teams. :)
×
×
  • Create New...