Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. You're pretty happy for having Kei Igawa on your fantasy team. :)
  2. Not over yet.
  3. He left the first game early too. I guess it could be an injury but I'm not sure. Hopefully Derek can chime in.
  4. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/331433,CST-SPT-cubnt07.article What is the deal with Prior this year? ](*,) The more this drags out I find it hard to believe that there isn't some sore of injury that Prior or the Cubs are not disclosing. Well, he should have thrown on Monday and then today would be his day to pitch again. :shrug:
  5. Canseco? ETA: Damn, I'm like 5th in the Canseco jokes department.
  6. Dang, I forgot how early games can be on when they're not played at Wrigley.
  7. It's been a couple days since opening day now. But, Alburquerque is the most interesting. True, but Marshall, Mateo, Samardzija, Veal, Ceda, Atkins, and probably others I'm missing are interesting beyond the opening day guys. Yeah, I hear you. (Atkins was an opening day starter.) The whole Peoria rotation is interesting.
  8. It's been a couple days since opening day now. But, Alburquerque is the most interesting.
  9. Probable Starters: Iowa: LHP Les Walrond (Iowa: 10-5, 3.98 ERA, 133.1 IP) Tennessee: RHP Justin Berg (Daytona: 7-7, 4.38 ERA, 115 IP) Daytona: RHP Todd Blackford (Peoria: 10-9, 5.37 ERA, 140.2 IP) Walrond: 133.1 IP, 104 K/59 BB, .265 BAA Berg: 115 IP, 82 K/53 BB, .278 BAA Blackford: 140.2 IP, 70 K/63 BB, .285 BAA All stats are from 2006.
  10. I think it is too early to worry about the number of K's. From what I have seen, the K's will come as he matures as a pitcher. Given his track record in college, the lack of ks is something to worry about. However, giving up only one run is great all of the time. Maybe he's going to become more of a sinker baller than a strike out pitcher. His track record in college also indicated a guy who topped out in the upper 80s. He already has sink on his fastball and should get quite a lot of groundballs - he's still learning his slider and changeup and as those progress, he should start racking up the Ks. As craig would say, just look at Zambrano at A-ball.
  11. Total crap move by the umps.
  12. 50 degrees, wind chill in the upper 40s, foggy and drizzly. Gotta love San Francisco. :)
  13. No. He's in Extended Spring Training, on the Iowa 7-day DL. He should pitch in Mesa, though, if he remains on his ST schedule.
  14. No. It's funny when people's computers explode. You think his computer exploded? He did that on purpose to up his post count. Pot. Kettle. Black. And what do you call what you're doing now? Appropriately mocking you. Mr. 31,309,827,093 posts. http://www.chicagobears.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/EFBAFNPMDBIC/Peanut_inside.jpg http://images.nfl.com/photos/img9167353.jpg Like Vasher could stop Steve Smith. Too bad your boy Vash got outplayed by Peanut this past season.
×
×
  • Create New...