Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,645
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. I deal with many Giants fans out here and I have yet to find one who isn't glad he's gone. Quite a few actually apologized when the Cubs signed him.
  2. I'll spot start if Roast doesn't have it up by midnight PDT (38 minutes). I've PMed him, but he's likely fast asleep.
  3. I've been a frusty-rated with Dusty since the 2003 NLCS I was surprised that his horrible managing in the 2003 NLCS didn't throw me over the top. Bringing in Guthrie because he'd rather face Lowell than Lenny Freaking Harris in Game 1. Extending Prior in Game 2, amidst a blowout. Extending Prior in Game 6. Not have Farnsworth ready earlier. Not willing to use Clement in Game 7.
  4. Quick, name the last Cubs team to have that much talent in back-to-back season. Probably have to go back to pre-Hiroshima. Because Dusty hasn't made idiotic moves the past two season with the Cubs and many more while with the Giants? For me, this is the final straw. I will no longer defend Dusty if I think he gets too much abuse on this board (which I have done in the past). How would it have looked if either one of them hit a HR? If we're wasting PHs, why not keep Remmy in the game and extend him a second inning. And what if he didn't get stranded? Do two-out rallies never happen? Hairston has gone 2 for 6 against Lyon. With two doubles. Neifi has never faced him. Don't believe me? See for yourself.
  5. Is this a BandWGN? It's a name ZZ uses for those who oppose Dusty. I've tried to defend him at times and have normally been on the fence with him, but ugh. Well, this guy will be disappointed http://www.festastuff.com/Merchant2/images/az2004march/az_cubs_tim_with_banner.jpg Alas, I'm sober. ;)
  6. Is this a BandWGN? It's a name ZZ uses for those who oppose Dusty. I've tried to defend him at times and have normally been on the fence with him, but ugh.
  7. ZZ, come defend your manager. And your ace pinch hitter. I am officially a Dusty Buster.
  8. Ok. Dubois .214 as a pinch hitter in his career in 16 plate appearances. Hairston Jr. .000 in 6. Granted not a whole lot of chances in their careers, but nothing says they can effectively pinch hit. Playing every day is different then being a good bench player. Macias .250 and Perez .306 in a combined over 200 at bats. Can we sticky this in the Fantasy Baseball section? Or in Rants as just more whining? :roll: That is the most ridiculous sample size I've ever seen. Dubois hit a PH homerun in the spring.
  9. :cry: Tough year for injuries between the Bears, Bulls and Cubs.
  10. I know. It sucks. :( Adam Dunn tracker: .500/.500/2.000 2 HR 5 RBI 0 BB 2 K 568 at bat projection: 284 HR 710 RBI 0 BB 284 K 0 BB?? :shock:
  11. Until he stops striking out he's worthless. 46 Hr 108 Rbi .388 OBP Is useless? Hmm guess i need to learn more about baseball then Goony is being sarcastic.
  12. And hopefully he will feed of those positives and not the negatives if he goes to West Tenn.
  13. 284 HRs in a season isn't too bad...
  14. Final tally: IP H R ER BB K HR ERA A. Sisco 1.2 0 2 2 2 1 0 10.80 The other run wasn't earned? That is correct. All runs were earned, no errors were committed. That's a robust, Dempster-like ERA. ;) I want Sisco to struggle so he is returned, but I don't want it to cause too much mental harm.
  15. Final tally: IP H R ER BB K HR ERA A. Sisco 1.2 0 2 2 2 1 0 10.80 The other run wasn't earned?
  16. Have you seen Cleveland lately? My UCLA Bruins would have an easy win against them.
  17. Why can't you all be like Dusty and announce the rotation two weeks ahead of time? :P Because I don't want any of you second guessing me and then we will end up with people calling the second guessers Raisin Busters. Just remember, if people start calling people bad names in the game threads, you have the power... :banned: Imagine if Dusty had that power.
  18. Why can't you all be like Dusty and announce the rotation two weeks ahead of time? :P Because I don't want any of you second guessing me and then we would end up with people calling the second guessers Raisin Busters.
  19. Monday's starter will be announced tomorrow.
  20. Interesting. They should change the rules for all Mark Prior starts so that he just needs to throw X pitches an inning, no matter what. :)
  21. 9 in a row! With a 41-31 record, the Bulls are guaranteed at least a .500 season.
  22. Piatkowski hits a three and the Bulls are up 91-78 with less than 9 minutes left. Hopefully the Bulls can keep this double digit lead.
  23. I agree. Amongst that list of players, I hope Hendry trades a few of the prospects who aren't at the Dope-Pie-Petrick level to alleviate some of the glut and address some of the weaknesses of the big league squad. It would be a wisest move.
×
×
  • Create New...