I think he has probably shown enough, even at this early stage, to stick with KC even if he sucks the rest of the way. After he has the requisite time in, they can DL him if they choose. He already has a substantial chunk eaten away toward that time. Unfortunately, I think he is pretty much gone. The KC talent evaluators deserve credit. At this point and time, I'm guessing it's going to take something drastic for him to come back, and it would be something that would probably excite us far less when he returns. I don't know how much credit KC talent evaluators should get - everyone knew he'd be one of the top picks in the draft, if KC already knew his fastball was back and he was back in shape, good for them. Even if they didn't, it was a good selection and gamble. EDIT: That's not to say he won't struggle like his major league debut (he will), but as JC said, he's shown enough and KC obviously likes him enough to stick with him.