Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,645
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Today in a driving rain, Joe Borowski came in in a 2-out, bases loaded jam: Choo Freeman up: Ball 1. Ball 2. Strike 1 swinging. Ball 3. Strike 2 swinging. Strike 3 looking. Joe likely would have pitched in the 8th had it not been for an ensuing rain delay. 0.1 IP, 1 K, 1 batter faced.
  2. Poor Panama has to start Jose Macias at second base.
  3. At the bottom of this 2005 mock draft, BA has an early look at the top 12 college and high school prospects in 2006 (subscriber only). The aforementioned Kyle Drabek (RHP/SS, will be drafted to be a pitcher) is the top HS prospect and LHP Andrew Miller of North Carolina is the top college prospect. I have also heard a lot of good things about LHP Gavin Brooks, who plays HS ball down in San Diego County, BA had him as #3 on their HS list. It's rare for me to hear about San Diego HS prospects here in LA (especially when we have our share of good prospects), so I think that says something about him.
  4. Is it really fair to get worked up over a 5.40 ERA in 5 IP? Especially when all 3 runs surrendered by Leicester came as he was hitting his pitch limit in his first start and was obviously tiring. I wish he'd have been stretched out before he came up, but I'm not that upset that Leicester is the one replacing Dempster in the rotation. I'm more upset that Dempster and his lovely control will now be closing.
  5. No personal attacks, please.
  6. Heh, it was fun watching the game with my Laker fan friends - all rooting against the Wizards (they're rooting for Shaq because of their anger towards Kobe). I'll be mighty disappointed if the Heat don't sweep the Wizards.
  7. I was talking about the misuse of talented players. :D My bad, I just skimmed, then posted, which is always a bad policy. But you could have put Mark Bellhorn on the list. Benching him for Lenny was absurd. Good call, Bellhorn is another one.
  8. How did he manage to blame the one effective offensive player for the loss?!?! Not catching the line drive was apparently what caused the Cubs to lose.
  9. Think we'll get to 100 (premium) pages on this thread by the ASB?
  10. I'm thinking the usage pattern of such young pitchers as Cliff Bartosh, Jon Leicester, Juan Cruz and Todd Wellemeyer could be added to your list, Outshined.
  11. Dusty blames Corey for the loss. :roll:
  12. Yeah, I saw what Eddie and Gilbert said, and I wasn't happy. I wonder how the Wizards would have done if their 1st and 4th leading scorer were out of the series. :roll: Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less from Gilbert Arenas, he was a jerk in HS in the Valley, he was a jerk at Arizona, he was a jerk in Golden State and he's still a jerk in Washington. I loved how he said no one picked the Wizards; everyone and their mother had picked the Wizards to win the series. I will thoroughly enjoy the Heat winning, I just hope Miami sweeps them.
  13. Of course he was fouled. The refs were crap this series.
  14. This is the franchise that screwed over MJ. Ugh. :x
  15. Congrats to the refs and Wizards. Enjoy getting swept by the Heat.
  16. I don't know what Tyson was thinking.
  17. I'd really prefer Pargo not taking shots in this situation, no matter how many 3's he's made the last two games.
  18. I want to kick the refs in the nuts. Till they bleed to death.
  19. At least Bill Walton knows what's up with the crap officiating.
  20. That shoulda been a flagrant on Haywood.
  21. I wonder how much the Wizards have paid the refs.
  22. I think Carlos Zambrano can offer these refs some glasses. Bulls lead 74-68 after three.
×
×
  • Create New...