Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,647
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Well, Jim Hendry thinks he's ML-ready. I bet Oneri does too. Can you explain why you don't want him in the ML next year? Because he's not ready? As another poster pointed out already, he has worse plate discipline than Corey had at AA. He only has a half season at AA or higher, he'd get eaten up by big league pitchers. Sing should be considered.
  2. Scott will the start on Wednesday, Mark on Friday.
  3. I thought there was some discussion about how if it were a wall banger, it would be off the wall, not over it. :-s That's my thinking.
  4. How did Berg look? What pitches does he throw?
  5. But Vlad and Chone and KRod and Lackey! And I don't care what anyone else says, I call them Anaheim. I feel the need to root for one of my local teams, and I hate the Dodgers, and the Angels rarely play the Cubs, so I feel I can root for them. vlad is cool, if not terrifying. lackey is too ugly to be cool. krod needs to lose his glasses. chone needs to learn to spell and is crazily overrated, though not as much as he would be if he were slow and white. Chone is cool because of his name. And don't you mean his parents need to learn to spell?
  6. But Vlad and Chone and KRod and Lackey! And I don't care what anyone else says, I call them Anaheim. I feel the need to root for one of my local teams, and I hate the Dodgers, and the Angels rarely play the Cubs, so I feel I can root for them.
  7. I like the Angels and the A's. I'm so conflicted when it comes to these series. Who should I root for?
  8. No. Is there an emoticon that properly expresses the fact that Hendry is giving me daily migraines? Dear Lord is there are reason what so ever to put a 33 year old journey man 3B on the 40 man roster? With all the potential Rule 5 roster moves this off season why add McClain when its gonna pose a problem in three months? Cause they'll just take him off of it. No big deal. Just like they did with Calvin Murray last year.
  9. 61.80 ERA - though I guess that last R was probably unearned. In that case, it's 57.94.
  10. Ugh, back-to-back awful games from the pen. :(
  11. Man, the Marmol injury sounded bad. I had dozed off and just woke up for that. :(
  12. Marmol ends up giving up 3 R in that 3rd inning, 6-3 in the top of the 4th. EPatt walks, now he's 3-3 with a BB. Patterson now steals second, his 2nd AA SB. Patterson now out trying to steal third. :( Good news for Jaxx manager Bobby Dickerson, his house sustained no structural damage from Katrina, though trees were uprooted.
  13. Marmol has surrendered 3 straight hits and 2 runs to make it 6-2 WT. Ron making a very good case as to why Ryan Theriot should have made the all star team as the UT. Dan Ugla made the team as both the 2B and UT because he led the votes in both categories, which does seem like a waste.
  14. The SL named their end-of-season all star team. The Jaxx and former Jaxx who made the team are: OF Matt Murton 1B/DH Brandon Sing RHP Ricky Nolasco LHP Renyel Pinto So the Jaxx had both starting pitchers!
  15. Passed ball scores another, 6-0 West Tenn.
  16. Brandon Sing walks AGAIN. Buck Coats with an RBI single and it's now 5-0 Jaxx.
  17. Jose Reyes with a 2-RBI single, 4-0 WT. Now EPatt singles to re-load the bases. EPatt is 3 for 3 tonight. Ryan Theriot grounds out to end the inning. After 3, it's 4-0 WT. Matt Craig has a solo HR and an RBI single.
  18. Yeah, Shoulders complained about it earlier in the season, asking for a new song. There was a thread about it when it happened.
  19. Haha, that's awesome.
  20. Several individual records are being threatened by various Jaxx players: Already Broken: Wins: Ricky Nolasco, 14 (Previous record: 12, Brian McNichol, 1998). Walks: Brandon Sing, 91 (Previous record: 82, Bo Porter, 1998). Home runs:: Brandon Sing, 26 (Previous record: 25, Chris Haas, 2001) SLG:: Brandon Sing, .538 (Previous record: .532, Richard Lewis, 2004) OBP:: Brandon Sing, .404 (Previous record: .399, Bo Porter, 1998) Records Just Missed: Strikeouts: Record-holder - Renyel Pinto: 179 (2004); Ricky Nolasco finished with 173. Hits: Record-holder - Julio Zuleta: 142 (1999); Ryan Theriot has 136 and Casey McGehee has 135 hits. Sources: Ron Potesta, The Baseball Cube, http://www.diamondjaxx.com Final stats.
  21. still 60. no one specific to follow him now. 75 for Berg on Wednesday. Bullpen may get a lot of work the next two days Why is Berg on a strict pitch count? Wasn't he starting in the Yankees farm system?
  22. The Cubs sure do seem to have a lot of them. I thought the idea was to trade for postion players with all this young pitching since the Cubs don't prefer to draft them. You bring up a good point. All those pitching prospects we brought up this year havent done squat. It also doesnt seem like we have a power OF ready to come up for us. I think Harvey might be our only power OFer we have and hes not even close to ready. Hopefully the power Pie displayed in the first half will carry over for a full season. Sing is also a power hitter and his future (with the Cubs) would be as an OF. Yeah, but are they ready to come up any time soon? Still that leaves only 3 power hitting players. I dont know that just doesnt sound like too many players with power for an entire organization. Players or OFs? Because I'd add Dope and Moore if you're counting just players. I think Sing is ready for the big leagues, the Cubs seem to think Pie is ready with all the talk of promoting him pre-injury (though I disagree on Pie's readiness). Either way, both Sing and Pie are at AA and less than a year away from the big leagues.
  23. Sizemore please. Seriously though, some combo of Riske, Betancourt, Crisp, etc. might work, although trading Walker because someone is willing to trade for him isn't the wisest of choices. The players coming from Cleveland would have to either: 1) be guys that could pass through waivers themselves or 2) not be on the 40 man roster. Adam Miller or Jeremy Sowers, plz.
×
×
  • Create New...