Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. And Carlos Perez finally got his WHIP below 2! Almost makes the Corey Patterson trade worthwhile...
  2. Those who saw the game said Mark only went 3. Stupid MiLB.
  3. From what I've gathered, Salas is a fan favorite in Daytona. Sotolongo started the last game of the first half for Daytona and did pretty well (4 shutout innings, 5 Ks).
  4. This is Darin's third try at Boise. His first two: 2004: 4-3, 4.95 ERA, 60 IP, 61/35, 1.50 WHIP, .234 BAA, 5 HRs 2005: 5-4, 3.50 ERA, 61.2 IP, 63/22, 1.35 WHIP, .248 BAA, 5 HRs And his brief stint in Peoria: 2005: 0-2, 18.47 ERA, 6.1 IP, 3/4, 2.53 WHIP, .387 BAA, 1 HR
  5. Probable Starters: WT (game 1): LHP JR Mathes (5-4, 3.43 ERA, 76 IP, 59/17, 1.22 WHIP) vs. RHP Dave Coggin (0-3, 4.50 ERA) WT (game 2): RHP Bobby Brownlie (2-4, 4.60 ERA, 29.1 IP, 21/12, 1.60 WHIP) vs. LHP Chris Waters (3-5, 4.70 ERA) Daytona: RHP Justin Berg (5-5, 4.54 ERA, 73.1 IP, 62/33, 1.53 WHIP) Boise: LHP Darin Downs (2005 Boise & Peoria: 4-5, 4.89 ERA, 68 IP, 66/26, 1.46 WHIP) vs. RHP Jackson Quezada
  6. Heh, I just posted that in the JAD forum, didn't see you had done the same here. I like his quotes about how much he likes baseball. Thought it was interesting the Cubs have created friction between him and Selig.
  7. :shock: Me too, but then I am a Carolina fan. EDIT: And how can you assert that Bargani will be a better pro than Roy if you admit to not knowing much about him? Reading his scouting reports. More than some of you are doing with Tyrus Thomas.
  8. C'mon guys. I love Brandon Roy. I went to a rival Pac-10 school of his and have seen him play throughout his career. And I can say without a doubt that Tyrus Thomas should be drafted ahead of Roy. Roy will probably win ROY (heh) because he's currently the most advanced player in the draft, but Tyrus (and maybe Bargani - I don't know much about him) should definitely end up as better pros. I have no problem with the Bulls selecting any of those 3. Just no Morrison.
  9. Scherzer was actually in this year's draft. He went 11th to the Diamondbacks.
  10. He didn't do half bad in his 4 shutout innings in the big leagues too. Don't forget about Ricky Nolasco while you have that drill handy.
  11. I don't believe they've ever scored more than 26. The Cubs FRANCHISE once score 36 runs in a game against Louisville back in 1897. :shock: I remember day as if it was yesterday...aw...memories... Ya know..... I vaguely recall the CUBS beating Louisville the day before Custer bought it out in South Dakota !! Fred wrong on a stat?? :shock:
  12. We'll get those added right away! No trades with Braves, Astros, Cardinals, White Sox, Royals, Dodgers, Giants , or A's because several of us Cub fans don't wanna be made fun of! Since LA, SF and Oakland are already on there, add the Angels, Padres and the Red Sox. C'mon guys, we should be able to ban the Cubs from trading with every MLB team soon enough (that might be the best strategy for Hendry at this rate, but that's for another thread).
  13. Sorry, trying not to jinx it... to no avail. Aww, I'm a fan of the Rocket strategy when it comes to potential no-hitters.
  14. Frankly, I'd prefer Tyrus to Roy but Brandon Roy is awesome. Roy does seem to fit the bill of previous Paxson picks. Hopefully the Lakers don't take Farmar so I can still root for him.
  15. <3 Deryck. His BB-K ratio last year in Mesa (yeah, it was Mesa, but still) was awesome.
  16. Ooo, nice to see Price #1. A bit surprised Main is ahead of Stock (of course I'm biased since I've heard much more about Stock and have actually seen him pitch).
  17. If we're doing that, lets take your 3 year split. Starting from 2003, Livan got worse every year since. I don't value innings quite as much as you, but we'll throw that in there. Also I threw in this year to show the trend. Yes, he had a good year in '03. But he's on a downhill slide. 2003 233.1 innings 3.20 ERA 2004 255.0 innings 3.60 ERA 2005 246.1 innings 3.98 ERA 2006 97.1 innings 5.18 ERA He seems like he is in a long groove right now. I'd like to keep tracking this season before I say he is on a decline, but if he were to add another .40 to his ERA from last season, I would agree that he was. His 2003-2006 stats look less impressive when you consider Livan has pitched half his games in pitcher's haven in Washington.
  18. He's trying to say he doesn't care what actual factual statistics you come up with, he's sticking with his opinion, regardless how flimsy of evidence it's based upon. Or something like that. If you read the thread, this is a perfect post in regards to Raisin. He's saying Hernandez should be judged on what he was doing long ago and not recent history, but when it comes to Patterson, we should judge on what he is doing now beause he is a Cubs prospect and a fan favorite. I judged him on his career because you made a blanket statement about how good he is. Then, you started making different time limits that we should judge Livan (6-year splits, 3-year splits, can't count this season, etc.). It sure seems like you change your requirements for the stats as we keep going. In regards to Corey, I don't judge him based on just this season but also his awful 2005, his up and down 2004, his great 2003 and his awful 2002. Show me where I have only judged him based on this season (I have judged the Cubs coaching and management based on Corey's performance this season and what Lee Elia has said).
  19. Technically, Sean Gallagher did last week. On the roster, Ed Campusano will be coming up after the MWL All-Star game.
  20. No, it's extremely back-loaded. By the time those years come around, he'll have to have picked one sport.
  21. Not sure what you're trying to say in your last post, but he has a 4.14 ERA over the last 6 years. Still doesn't match the 3.75 ERA you came up with.
  22. He could get to Peoria this year itself. If not, the Cubs will make sure he starts at Peoria next year, they'll be pretty deliberate with him.
×
×
  • Create New...