In an alternate universe only tangentially related to the one we exist in, if I could murder Smoltz and somehow be guaranteed to get away with it, I would face a sobering, difficult choice.
Elo. Which I wouldn't trust as much as team WAR type projections that Fangraphs does...but somehow I still think 538 is closer to the mark. Whatever. Huh? He asked what FG uses. I guess I'm too excited to read.
Mostly unrelated, but I saw this version of the meme for the first time today while I was trying to find a gif of Madden's slow burn smile reaction to the Javy SB: http://i.imgur.com/ypctMLj.gif
...those circumstances being where cybernetics are allowed in MLB?! Lackey's 38. Theo gave him IMO one year too many and too much $, but here we are. Lackey is a SSS and also happens to be a horse. Bartolo Colon existing doesn't mean any of those Ex Cubs should still be around because Dusty.
Kerry, Z, and Prior are all under forty. Under different circumstances maybe they could have still been pitching. :-( ...those circumstances being where cybernetics are allowed in MLB?!
Dude. Heywards ground out DP that Crawford throws away nearly stopped my heart Couple that with the mis-throw that put Javy on third earlier in the game...and it makes Willson's snap throw off Crawford's elbow the play of the series?
I would have been down for that earlier this year. Baez and Soler remain my two favorites, and i'm not giving up on Soler despite his porcelain legs and horrible defense in the OF I don't see much room for Soler beyond this year but I'm hesitant to trade him because I'm sure the return will not be all that exciting. Heyward should be our CFer. Almora is the 4th OF/defensive replacement. Soler and Schwarber platoonish thing in left and Soler occasionally right. Bryant-Russell-Baez in the IF and Zobrist in the Baez roll but with more OF looks. Spend the Dex and Hammel money on a Serious Business SP and call it a team.