Jump to content
North Side Baseball

JudasIscariotTheBird

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    10,442
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by JudasIscariotTheBird

  1. Hey, don't diss Stoney. I learned *some* baseball listening to him. I'll never get why *anyone* slides into first on a close play, for example. :-) One can only hear "slider low and away gets him here" so many times before one just snaps.
  2. That's the beautiful thing about Smoltz, he just creates whatever narrative suits him. He's worse than Steve Stone. A lot worse.
  3. I just heard some douches doing a "whoawhoawhoawhoa" hand on mouth indian sound thingy that I remember 3rd grader kids doing in the 80s. I seriously think its been since 1989 that I've heard that.
  4. Smoltz is of the opinion that the Cubs are doing things right when they score, and wrong when they don't, and throws in words like "approach" to fill time when he has no idea how it makes the Cubs good, or what it actually means.
  5. Andrew Miller reincarnation. I didn't even know Andrew Miller was sick.
  6. Heyward couldn't buy a vowel on Wheel of Fortune. ...Buck jumped the gun on the "what a play" call there. Too bad!
  7. It was probably only here in Denver, but they were playing a local ad over the first two pitches.
  8. What in the...hell...they just cut off two pitches from the broadcast!?
  9. He's still progressing, though. He'll get there. Thankfully, we have an insane amount of team depth to do exactly that next year. He should still be staring 5 times a week, regardless.
  10. Man. Was too busy at work to look up anything about the game today. Get home at 5:50 mountain, do a few chores and sit down for what I think will be the first pitch...bottom of the second?! THE SCHWARBS!!!!!
  11. Quick, lock Baez into a room with that machine for 13,000 pitches over the off-season Just make sure you put a number on it. http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/sey115/sey115105/10.jpg_zpsliydj9vo.gif
  12. The Cubs have absolutely no chance of winning this game if the zone continues to be called like this.
  13. ...so this ump seriously is supposed to have one of the smaller zones in baseball?!
  14. http://www.theonion.com/article/cubs-fan-ready-get-completely-drunk-again-only-2-d-54528
  15. 40-1 odds that he hits the first homer in the series. Tempted to put some money down on that. Those odds seem ridiculously high. Prop bets are usually sucker bets because odds are rarely good. That almost seems like a mistake. I would've guessed 10-1 tops. Doubt you can still bet those odds. On ESPN 1000, Tom Waddle just made a $100 bet on that prop. Wow. Soft line. [bbvideo=560,315] [/bbvideo]
  16. Yeah, it is. I also said that people might want to pump the brakes on him being some sort of magical beast of destruction but I get that reading is a difficult skill to master. Get the horsefeathers out of this thread eeyore. Schwarber. Corrected.
  17. "Jesus." "Holy Lord." There is but one God, and his name is Kyle Schwarber.
  18. Do you know who Kyle Schwarber is?! Yeah, he's a guy who was medically cleared to hit but not play the field and has had his knee reconstructed 6 months ago, and had a handful of ABs in AZ against high-ceiling, lower level pitching. Unless you completely believe he's a generationally great hitter, he's not going to step in after that long of a layoff and be crushing the ball against major league pitching of the Indians' caliber, and I don't particularly give a horsefeathers how unpopular that opinion is. A generationally great hitter could struggle for two ABs even if he had been playing for 900 straight days. You aren't saying anything all of us don't already know. ...but he is totally going to dong, and immediately, because Kyle Schwarber.
×
×
  • Create New...