Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jumbo

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    1,139
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jumbo

  1. jumbo

    NFL Week 5

    Someone mentioned Baker and Darnold earlier - both these guys were tossed aside by their drafting teams, had to take on backup roles but then found some coaching/maturity to turn the corner. QB's are playing into their late 30's and I think Flacco is 40 now. I think there is a lot of runway for Fields to piece together how to play the position and be successful someday. To temper that, I am not predicting he'll be MVP caliber or top of the league starter, but I think its a mistake given the great lack of supply at QB to think he'll never be able to succeed,
  2. So, did Braxton get benched instead of getting hurt? He must have been incredibly bad for them to insert trapping and move benefit during the game. The announcing crew took a whole quarter to even notice
  3. Sorry for the self quote - found the video Rough numbers are City of Chicago sold bonds to the amount of roughly $400 MM The debt was refinanced a number of times, paying interest only frequently, and as of 2023 the city still owes $383 MM dollars of principal and $256 MM of interest
  4. We have a vendor from Chicago and he is telling me that the city has refinanced the debt on that stadium so many times they actually owe far more now then immediately after the project. I guess there's a documentary about it that I have yet to watch.
  5. I thought way back when getting AK was a coup, akin to Theo coming to the Cubs. Do I remember it through Bulls colored glasses or was he though to be a great hire at the time?
  6. Populous sure does a lot of them, I don't know their styles well enough to distinguish
  7. Yeah, the location doesn't jive with AH, the open ends showing the city. There may be another design for AH
  8. https://manica.global/page/new-chicago-bears-stadium Link is showing the stadium on the lake, but he specifically told me it was planned for AH. We'll see...
  9. I haven't seen prints yet. He's under confidentiality agreements but when I hear I'll share. A bunch of our product is specified.
  10. I met a customer based in Chicago yesterday. He has construction documents for the Bears new stadium in Arlington Heights. General Contractors/Construction Managers are in budgeting phase with the team. Sounds like there is a clear design in place and the construction end of it is moving forwward.
  11. I thought Anthony Edwards was Michael Jordan's son?
  12. I listen to the Hoge and Jahns podcast. Tried CHGO but it is painful to listen to
  13. Thanks for posting this. Hard to say Carl was wrong about anything. Props to Caleb for hanging tough all season and not complaining publicly.
  14. These numbers but more dWAR? Or same?
  15. Maybe set up a friendly wager...?
  16. I'm still a little surprised they released Walker and made the "he is playable" spot open. I know Walker wasn't some difference maker but now they have who behind Sweat & Oyedingbo? Booker, Hardy, WR Robinson....Not much unless I'm forgetting someone
  17. Nagy was not the play caller for the two years he was OC Nagy called some number of games but it was minimal, not multiple seasons worth
  18. I worded that poorly... When was the last time the Bears hired an offensive coordinator with 2+ years of play calling experience in the NFL as head coach? Answer is NEVER.
  19. I keep coming back to the question: When was the last time the Bears hired an offensive coordinator with 2+ years of play calling experience in the NFL? Answer is NEVER. If Ben Johnson can deliver 75% of the Detroit offense he will instantly be among the best is the modern history of the franchise. I have confidence in him
  20. I tried to post something like this the other day and didn't get through it. Essentially would we have been better off with 41 and 72 than what we got with 56 and 62? Same with 109 over 132 & 169. This one seems easier because I had never heard of Hyppolite or Frazier after doing some mock drafts. I do like getting the fourth back for next year.
  21. Loveland won't be blocking many DE's. Get him out in run blocking and he'll do fine. He put some big hits on the college guys and appears to take it seriously. Split him out wide, put trips on the other side and let the matchup chess begin. A lot of receiving talent, some protection against injury, good stuff.
  22. My Day 2 PFF mock
  23. The only reason he was available in the second round
  24. Point C If Tetairoa McMillan is there and Campbell and Membou are gone would you consider taking him? WR is pretty meh after Rome and Moore. I agree that LT would be ideal, just curious about opinions on McMillan
  25. The aggregators pick this stuff up and it goes everywhere
×
×
  • Create New...