Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,081
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. I'm as down on Jed as just about anyone, but given the cap space available, given that the rotation is now full, the bullpen is now full and that Cabrera is cheap, payroll wise, I'd be legit surprised if they aren't adding a significant bat to this line up. The pieces just line up too perfectly and honestly with the current roster any of Bichettte/Bregman/Tucker/Bellinger all could work.
  2. If we had gotten 2.5 fWAR out of Caissie I would have been thrilled.
  3. As long as it's not Conrad, I could probably get over it. but the meatbally part of me really wants Kane Kepley to be a thing too.
  4. Hot take, but I think I'd rather lose Assad, Wicks, Long than that compensatory pick.
  5. Yes, I've also seen him linked to the Mets which makes quite a bit of sense.
  6. Rotation would be upgraded, The offense perhaps slightly down graded. the bullpen I'm quite happy with so I'd call it neutral, but the bench would be significantly upgraded.
  7. So, I'd rather Bregman/Bichette because of the huge upgrade it gives the bench with Shaw, but suddenly Bellinger makes a good bit of sense. Plays RF, can fill in for PCA here and there.
  8. God knows they'll have plenty of available funds to do it.
  9. A bench Starting with Amaya/Shaw/Alcantara is already light years ahead of the bench last year.
  10. As things are set right now, Mo is set to get a lot of ABs. Alcantara might get a couple hundred too. If the Cubs were to acquire Bichette/Bregman and turn Shaw into a Zobrist style super utility player, then who knows.
  11. I mean, unless they're drastically lowering payroll, they almost have to add one of Bichette/Bregman or, please god no, Eugenio Suarez
  12. Nah, I think, as of now, Seiya is your RF and Mo is your DH.
  13. This could open up a good bit more ABs for Alcantara who would likely be your back up CFer and RFer now.
  14. Steele/Boyd/Horton/Cabrera/Taillon/Shota/Rea/Assad/Wicks is kind of crazy rotation depth
  15. I can't see them trading Taillon given that Steele is going to be out for a bit. If Anything, going the 6 pitcher rotation is great to limit innings on Boyd, Horton and Cabrera.
  16. If he's going to remain primarily a two pitch pitcher then yeah, but I feel like he's a passable third pitch away from being quite good.
  17. I irrationally want to keep Ben Brown. I still think he has that mid rotation or more upside.
  18. Adding Rojas would sting quite a bit
  19. Yeah, he's definitely not a deal breaker, but I also don't think they're actively shopping him as a piece either.
  20. I'd be more shocked by this then Shaw. The farm without Wiggins is almost entirely bereft of pitching.
  21. I think the Cubs would be a bit hesitant to trade Alcantara as he's basically your back up CFer right now with no one else currently on the roster who can reliably fill in.
  22. If Shaw goes, one of Bichette/Bregman has to be coming
  23. I mean there's some drastically different levels of value among them. Like Shaw+Caissie would feel real bad, but Caissie+Assad would feel pretty great.
  24. My guess is going to be Caissie/Ballestros, Javier Assad, Jonathan Long
  25. He never has a guy and there in lays the problem. His guy is whoever falls to him.
×
×
  • Create New...