Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,081
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Not having those 2 3rds for this draft is absolutely killing me
  2. I am so unimpressed with most of our pitchers so far. All the usual spring training caveats, but damn...
  3. I keep seeing the same 2 guys mocked to the Bears. DT Caleb Banks and DT Kayden McDaniel, There are rare mocks out there with DT Lee Hunter, but right now if I'm picking for the Bears it's safety Emmanuel McNeil-Warren. I think the upside he brings is far more significant than the other 3.
  4. Reinsdorf has been bailed out by Jordan and a complete fluke 1 year hot streak by the White Sox in the playoffs. Without Jordan he's amongst the worst owners in US sports history.
  5. I have turned from super skeptical when they drafted him to a Kepley fanboi in record time. There's a fair bit more pop there then I thought.
  6. If Kiran Amegadjie isn't ready to see the field in 2025, I think it's time to move on. Guy is in year 3, if he's still nothing but an emergency fill in then just open up the roster spot
  7. Just parroting what the 2 guys I've listened to have said, one of them on espn radio a day or two ago
  8. From what was being said, there really aren't any plug and play LT that are going to be available. They're all going to be project guys who you're going to want to sit for a year.
  9. So after a bunch of listening it sounds like this draft is very strong with LB, Safety, interior linemen and nose tackles. It's extremely weak in QB and lacks impact talent depth at EDGE and OT. I think there's a pretty good chance the Bears are going safety or LB at #25. Edge sounds like it's going to have to come via FA or trade.
  10. And still with the 9th worst record. They waited way too long.
  11. Yeah that Tyler Austin thing is working out super well. I think it's 50/50 at this point if he ever takes an AB as a Cub.
  12. Average. I imagine you could go to a game sans food/drink with horsefeathers seats for like $200-300
  13. Another game we can't watch eh?
  14. So following a new stadium at whatever location they choose, what do we think the per person cost will be to watch a Bear game? Ticket, food, drink, travel and I think it's going to be somewhere around $700 a person.
  15. I mean Alcantara basically has to make the team, who else is going to back up CF?
  16. So they're completely awful now, but they waited way too long to tank. The season ends today and they'd have the 9th worst record. The best you could reasonably ask for is that they fall to 6th, but most likely end up 7 or 8. It's just constant half measures and when decisions are made, they're made years too late.
  17. How in the hell do you have 19 people reach base and only score 2 runs?
  18. The usual spring training caveats, but it would be nice to actually win a game.
  19. How the hell are the Bulls 9/13 from 3 and losing by 4? Like how is that even possible?
  20. Calling out extreme stupidity is not shaming. It is flatly inexcusable for any person to be this ignorant.
  21. The same people who horsefeathers on Pritzker for reckless spending are the same people mad at him for refusing to throw nearly a billion dollars of taxpayer money at the Bears, 20ish years after they threw a bunch of money at a stadium renovation that blew up in their faces spectacularly.
  22. Darryn Peterson openly taking himself out of games at halftime to avoid injury and manage his workload is going to start a really bad trend. There's no way I'm using the 1st or 2nd overall pick on a guy like that.
  23. I certainly wouldn't be supporting GB, I'll probably just fall off of following football. I just don't follow any teams outside of Illinois. In my eyes supporting the Bears in Indiana is no different than supporting the Colts.
  24. Maybe it's meatbally, but they leave Illinois and I'm out. What an absolute horsefeathers stain thing to do.
×
×
  • Create New...