Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. I want to be optimistic, but could they have had an easier start to the season? If they put up good showings against the Colts and Bucs I'm on the bandwagon.
  2. Bears outscored 30-3 over the last 3.5 quarters.
  3. You rebuild and get what you can in trades to help speed up the process.
  4. Well at least we didn't trade an odds on favorite to win the MVP at age 21 for the ghost of James Shields.
  5. Trubisky has zero QB IQ
  6. How much must Foles suck if he can’t beat this guy out I'm trying to convince myself it's just because the camp was so short.
  7. There is zero reason Trubisky should be on a football field.
  8. Well at least they didn't give up much at the deadline
  9. I'd love to get Dylan Bundy depending on what the Cubs get out of Quintana. He's showing improved command this year and throwing his hittable fastball a lot less.
  10. Can the Cubs refuse to play them? It seems ridiculous to make them put their health and season on the line. Especially with more positives likely coming in the next few days.
  11. Recent pictures of him are pretty shocking at how thin and weathered he has become. I think there's something very bad happening with him outside of baseball.
  12. That's a possible outcome. It's also a way to not end up trading Kris Bryant for some other contender's spare pre-injured arms and A ballers because of some offseason press so there's that I would love some dream scenario where some team inexplicably gives up a player that is basically as good as Bryant, under control longer and is cheaper, but it's not happening. I like Bryant as much as anyone, but you need to be realistic in what his value is. Also, enough with the injured arm stuff. Damn near every pitcher by 25 has injured their arm to some degree.
  13. Well yeah, that should be the case when entertaining the idea of trading a possible future HOFer in his prime And that asking price is how you end up with nothing but a draft pick after wasting his value on two years of a very marginal baseball team.
  14. Tatis carries far more value than Bryant by himself. You're asking for ridiculous packages.
  15. Why not? There's a substantial amount of hype around him this year as a prime breakout candidate. Outside of Paddack and Tatis, who certainly wouldn't be available, he's the most valuable mlb trade piece they have. Lamet,munoz and Campusano would be a really nice haul and likely more than they will get in reality.
  16. I understand hurting your arm/shoulder while pitching, because it's not a natural movement, but damn Morrow gets hurt just existing.
  17. Between the new channel and doing absolutely nothing the last two offseasons, it's been a very long time since I've cared so little about the up and coming season.
  18. I'd prefer to avoid a Machado situation where the Orioles got mostly nothing because they wasted too much of his control.
  19. His LD, Flyball and hard contact rates all jumped over his career numbers during that period and GB rate dropped below his career numbers too. Also appears he took 4 games off the week before. So maybe he finally felt healthy and/or tweaked something and it clicked. He did make swing changes which is what I mentioned very early in the offseason. At the least he should be a desirable platoon bat with a chance at a bit more.
  20. Worst case scenario for me. You don't maximize Bryant, Contreras, etc trade value , instead pretending that an 84 win team that has only gotten worse is a WS contender. Either add to the team or capitalize on your asset's value, don't run out mediocrity hoping that various things break right.
  21. For one year? Absolutely not.
  22. There is an enormous gulf between Paddack and Quantrill in value. I very much doubt Paddack is available. Quantrill, Lucchesi, Strahm, etc sure.
  23. I still think they're in on Bryant. They added a 110 OPS+ bat in Ozuna, but lost a 132 in Donaldson. They need to do more.
  24. In any trade with Arizona Corbin Carroll is a must have for me. Already a top 50 guy in my eyes and a good chance to work into the top 20.
  25. That glimmer of hope was fun for the short time it lasted. Now to continue watching nothing happen for the rest of the offseason.
×
×
  • Create New...