I was a madrigal defender before the season, but I'm so over him. Who cares if he makes lots of contacts when it's all soft rollers and he has moderate speed.
Those teams also had significantly more talent. Much like with Hosmer, the Cubs don't have the wiggle room for those types of players getting lots of at bats.
Unless the guy is Pudge Rodriguez behind the plate, you can't have a guy putting up a .554 OPS on your roster even as a back up. If he can't hit at all he needs to provide elite defense and he doesn't.
I'm definitely not turning down a Bellinger extension just because there's prospects behind him. We're talking a former MVP who is playing at MVP pace again this year and is only 27. Right now he's playing at 8.9 fWAR/162 pace. It's not like PCA or Davis are going to waste. They can be used as chips elsewhere.