Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Yup. I don't know that he's Rizzo 2.0, but he certainly looks like a guy who could be a foundation piece for the next half decade.
  2. The vomit emoji doesn't portray enough how much I would hate this.
  3. I mean Seiya is putting up a 123 wRC+ and on 3.2 fWAR/162 pace. Poor defense or not, I'm not exactly looking to move on from that.
  4. So interesting piece of information that isn't directly related to the Cubs, but would impact them. Pittsburgh sports writer Dejan Kovacevic said the following in an article Pittsburgh getting Holliday would be scary, but I find the idea of the trio of Skenes/Jones/Keller for the next 5+ years even scarier.
  5. Busch up to a 137 wRC+ and 2.2 fWAR. That 137 wRC+ puts him 4th in baseball for 1B with at least 100 PAs behind Bryce Harper, Lamonte Wade and Freddie Freeman. That 2.2 Fwar is 4th behind Harper, Freeman and Walker.
  6. If you're going into 2025 where your position roster is looking like C- Amaya 1B- Busch 2B- Nico SS- Dansby 3B- FA RF- Seiya CF- Cody LF- Happ DH- Morel Then where else are you going to put a big bat other than DH? There's no big bat options at 3B unless you think Bregman is going to find a time machine.
  7. So I've seen it mentioned numerous time that the type of returns the Marlins want for guys that are available is prospects at least a few years away from the majors. That makes me think we set up pretty well to do some buying without having to touch any of the guys who we expect to contribute in 2025/2026. I'd love to go and grab Braxton Garrett or even Edward Cabrera. I'd also have significant interest in Andrew Nardi.
  8. It really was bad for someone who makes a living doing this. Like ok, I can get not listing Triantos because the defense is probably going to take a miracle for that to happen, but Shaw shouldn't be questionable at all and he's slightly better than a "35". Also, apparently Jefferson Rojas doesn't exist in his universe. so a 55 and 50, but yeah, no one above 35.
  9. Because defense and baserunning don't count in some people's minds so all they see is a league average bat with minimal power.
  10. Run doesn't come home from 3B on a pitch to the back stop
  11. Equally good AB by Nido. This team has way too many hitters who don't even have competitive at bats.
  12. The omission of Cristian Hernandez was extremely glaring to me as well.
  13. They'd have to get pretty creative with a return here. Obviously Painter and Abel and probably Miller aren't on the table. Their most interesting and potentially actually available prospects are super far away. Eduardo Tait is interesting, but he's also at bare minimum 4 years away. Caba is super interesting but might not be available and he's also very very far away.
  14. Hopefully he wont be as lazy. Am I right Bob Brenly?
  15. I'm certainly not as well informed as others, but for me I think it has more to do with that he's kind of a guy that projects as an average MLB 3B both offensively and defensively. It's just kind of a bland pick. He's the kind of guy I envision being someone who goes out and puts up 2-2.5 fWAR annually on like a 100-105 wRC+. That has value for sure, but it's a pretty limited upside unless he actually taps into what others have called his plus power potential.
  16. For me, I think it's almost a no brainer if you can can get a 45 back for Taillon this year then you can just sign a guy like Kikuchi in the offseason for similar money if that's even necessary given all the SP depth the Cubs will have once people start coming back from injuries. Going into 2025 FA with Steele, Imanaga, Wicks, Assad, Brown and potentially Horton isn't the worst place in the world to be.
  17. The Orioles are definitely one of the teams I think would most be in on Taillon. They adamantly refuse to include Basallo/Mayo/Holliday and seemingly Kjerstad in any trade. So when your lead trade pieces are Connor Norby/Chayce McDermott/Dylan Beavers you're probably shopping in the Taillon level starter range. Of course if I was them I'd be chasing Fedde, but who knows.
  18. I usually take work off for the first two days of the draft. For whatever reason, outside of the playoffs, the draft and the trade deadline are my favorite parts of the season.
  19. God those GB and FB rates are gross. If I remember right, Baty was supposed to be something crazy like a 70 power bat when he was drafted and it just never materialized. He's never hit more than 19 HR in a year and actually has a lower career SLG than Madrigal.
×
×
  • Create New...