Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I'd rather just wait until 2016 and get David Price without giving up any prospects or taking any bad contracts/ well, except for the one David Price signs.
  2. I still want him because I am scared to death of Arrieta and don't like anybody else in the rotation all that much.
  3. God, that is so stupidly hot take-y from Haugh. Is that the kind of crap that leads to getting columnist jobs? At one point, I really liked Haugh, years ago. Then he got Morrisey's job when he left the Trib, and Haugh's decent into stupidity began. It's been gradual, but noticeable. It's culminated with him having "dumb-off" contest daily with David Kaplan. The descent did come after he became a columnists, but it was not gradual at all.
  4. switched to boers and Bernstein after Lester press conference and it's pretty titillating hearing about Trestman digging his own grave.
  5. A production meeting at 5am? Most of these shows do production meetings before they go on the air so they can plan out guests/segments/etc. And since the show starts at 5am... I've always been under the impression that the really early morning shows just have people show up and go on the air. Asking for a meeting in advance of one of those is a killer.
  6. Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales · 57s58 seconds ago Theo epstein: OF area most focused if we add a piece
  7. Drew Magary ‏@drewmagary · 10m10 minutes ago Look people, when you get paid a certain amount, you shouldn't be leading the league in smiles. … v @ToLey88 David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh First impression is I thought Jon Lester would smile more for a guy who just signed $155M contract. Serious approach. Leader.
  8. I'd like a little Led Zeppelin Ramble On related artwork with Theo involved
  9. Gotta say, I love Lester getting #34--hopefully it will help some of the false Kerry Wood hero worship from Cubs fans and hopefully ends any chance of it ever being retired for a guy whose on-field stats don't come close to earning that honor. Nothing against Woody, but those are just facts. scorching hot facts Cubs fans overrate Kerry Wood. Not sure what objective measure you can come up with, but I'm about 99% sure it's true. Look, the guy is responsible for 3 or 4 unbelievable moments and 3 or 4 outstanding seasons, but he in no way, shape, or form, deserves to have his number retired, but you'll find people arguing for it. good for you taking the lead on setting the record straight. the concept of a retired jersey is a stupid one, if it's going to happen there's nothing wrong with honoring guys fans really liked.
  10. Gotta say, I love Lester getting #34--hopefully it will help some of the false Kerry Wood hero worship from Cubs fans and hopefully ends any chance of it ever being retired for a guy whose on-field stats don't come close to earning that honor. Nothing against Woody, but those are just facts. scorching hot facts
  11. Hi, I have a question for Jed... How awesome are Jon and Theo?? This is why I never understood why Jed left his GM job in SD to come to the Cubs. I'm not saying he doesn't have an important role in the Cubs FO, but in terms of how he's viewed by fans and media he's Theo's assistant. There are absolutely no questions you could ask Jed that you wouldn't ask Theo instead. When you have a job interview but don't hear back right away and want to check back to see how it went but don't want to call the potential boss you call the HR lady or one of the underlings to ask about it. Jed is that person.
  12. or that he's not giving completely honest answers to questions
  13. way to back off the "it was a pretty quick rebuild" quote.
  14. he's written in the past about anxiety and depression
  15. Been listening since 7:00, and the did nothing but talk about the terrible, awful, no-good Bears. What a waste. Did he go there straight from the bars? Len Kasper ‏@LenKasper · 6h6 hours ago Interesting 1-mile walk in downtown Chicago at 3:45 am -- didn't see a pedestrian. Not one...on Michigan Ave between Huron & Lake.
  16. Highlights where they have failed with the offense. Despite some star quality there are no dynamic playmakers. Nobody has to fear giving up the big play so they can focus on limiting the intermediate stuff they rely so heavily on.
  17. It's not losing on purpose, it's making massive overhauls. Cut ties with old guys and bring in a boatload of youth. Hell, that can result in better records during those seasons than the ones that precipitated them.
  18. That makes no sense whatsoever.
  19. I was thinking it was 50/50 before. Every story like this tilts it a little more in our favor, but I think I'll question it until I see it. Definitely Emery's decision regarding Trestman will say a lot about my confidence in him going forward. Yeah, I'm thinking there is definitely still some question.
×
×
  • Create New...