I guess there's a bit to like, I'm just not as enamored with any coach who's been gone from coaching so long (with Gruden, Cowher, etc). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Has a coach ever spent say 5 years away and then returned to win consistently? Not that it couldn't happen but I get a visual of Joe Gibbs. And it makes me think I'd rather try something other than dusting someone off the shelf. I guess Pete Carroll. Still doesn't change my mind. And he stayed in coaching. Wasn't Dick Vermeil gone for a while and then come back successfully with the Rams. Is 15 years a long time? I think somebody like Billick, who follows the game closely as an announcer would have a chance to come back strong. He's watching film and talking with current coaches all the time. But was he ever that good to begin with? Didn't he have an offensive guru tag and not actually guru anything at all? I'm still going back to Kubiak. He's been in the NFL for a long time. He's been on multiple staffs, had his one chance at head coach and despite a good deal of success, left on a sour note. Second chance head coach with offensive strengths and plenty of relationships should be able to create a very strong NFL caliber staff with no Canadian coaches and limited college coaches.