Again, examples are easy. Were I properly motivated, I guarantee you I could find plenty of examples where this level of ptiching (even "high stress" pitching) did not result in injury. Interesting as they may be, examples are not useful data for understanding cause and effect. What the hell are you talking about? I just showed you 7 pitchers whose career were shortented or their effectiveness was lessoned, or were out of baseball at an early age after a) high innings and b) high pitch counts. Sonofsamiam just provided you with five more. You don't need to do regression analysis or complicated statistics to look at those data and be able to draw an inference. The obvious answer is that pitching all those IP and pitches per inning contributed to whatever results that occured. However, that doesn't rule out other factors too. Yet, it also doesn't take a Rhodes scholar to come to the conclusion that it's probably not a good idea to have a young pitcher throw when they are fatigued.