Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. Nice. It's tough to discriminate between the concern troll and the fly-off-the-handle-when-anything-goes-bad troll.
  2. Like most people Zell wants to avoid taxes so he's trying to have his cake and screw the people (the govt.) at the same time.
  3. I don't really understand that. It seems to me that if the new owners are doing a rent-to-own agreement their initial cash outlay won't be that big. The problem is that at some point down the road (10 years?) they'll start to pay big. By that time the backloaded deals will be gone. It could hamper long term deals 5 years down the road though. I don't know, I could be really off base here.
  4. I'm sure he's talking about this offseason, none of those guys would have passed waivers. I don't understand all (or any) of the rules relating to waivers, trades, etc., so I guess I look pretty stupid asking the question, but it seemed an odd time to mention this sort of thing.
  5. If this trade happened could the Brewers use Cain in the playoffs? If not why not wait until the season is over.
  6. Somebody please lock this thread. It is up to no good.
  7. I see Hill having more use than Hoffpauir in the playoffs, especially if Blanco is somehow the only RH on the bench for pinch hitting duties. Hoffpauir would only have a place if Ward is injured, essentially. I don't think Hill will be on the roster. The Cubs love him so they brought him up for September. He won't be on any playoff roster. Edit: Samardzija is a ground ball pitcher. He gets grounders when he's going well. He's not a strikeout pitcher. Start to worry when he gives up home runs.
  8. Santo is having a coronary right now. Sorry Mater Shakes, nothing person just trying to add a little levity to the Cubs laying a gigantic Howry today.
  9. Computers should have stupid filters. [CANNOT DISPLAY ERROR:3556 EXCEEDED STUPID METER SETTING].
  10. Why is Maquis pitching in Rich Harden's body?
  11. He could try dex, but he said last night it was worse and he wasn't able to get the ball where he needed it. So I think the Brewers would have to consider whether or not he'll be effective. Plus, if you pitch him for his final 2 starts then will it be worse for the playoffs? Maybe the Crew shuts him down, hoping to somehow get into the playoffs and pitch him then. I don't think so. I think the Brewers will use him if he can pitch. They probably don't care b/c they are not likely to sign him for next year and beyond.
  12. From the mouth of babes comes wisdom.
  13. What number is Marquis, because I think he's #2 a big stinking pile of #2.
  14. I can't believe I missed this. What the hell?? What positives? Long bouts of silence when they are losing.
  15. That's what she said.
  16. With the way the financial sector is tanking you may not have to worry. He may not have the money.
  17. Not really. How many times to you hear about a manger being fired, and then the team goes on a nice little hot streak for the new manager? Thats exactly what the Brewers need right now. Willie Randolph anybody? What if 2 teams in the NL playoffs have different managers than they started with? Willie Randolph didn't get fired with 12 games left in the season. Does anybody know what the latest in the season a manager has been fired is? It happens in hockey from time to time. My guess is that the Brewers don't make the playoffs. I don't think they would have made it with Yost either though. Yost probably cost them two consecutive playoff appearances. He's that bad. The article tree posted is SOP for Yost. It's hard to believe he's a Bobby Cox disciple.
  18. New Wrigley at Clark and Addison. There are just too many bad seats to pay premium prices for. Age, 39 years 9 months and 11 days.
  19. They can start doing that with Harvey any time.
  20. Will WGN radio still carry the game?
  21. I submit to you, one, Albert F. Pujols. Yep. As long as he can still swing the bat they are a contender in the Central. He's that good.
  22. My prediction is that by the end of season one, either Stone or Harrelson won't be doing TV for the Sox. Stone doesn't suffer idiots and Harrelson is one. I could actually envision a shouting match in the TV booth.
  23. Well duh.....6 game behind the Cubs vs. 2 games up over the Phillies. Honestly, not wanting to play the Phillies in the first round, I'll be cheering for the Brewers the next couple of days. Nothing against you, but who do you want to play in the first round? The LA school for the Blind? Seriously, the Cubs have the pitching to beat any team in baseball. They have the offense to contend with any team. It seems like every time I open one of these threads I see somebody saying "I don't want to play in the first round.
×
×
  • Create New...