Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. They seem to have a plan. Not signing offensive linemen in FA appears to be part of it.
  2. Sampson getting rocked again
  3. They looked really good today. McKinstry needs to do something here soon or he’s going to get cut.
  4. I figured it would be Carolina. I don’t know enough to have an opinion about the compensation. I think a lot will depend on who they draft with the picks. It opens up a lot of possibilities in the draft and free agency signs.
  5. He's the luckiest guy to ever manage in baseball. Last year he didn't want Willson because...checks notes...he might play too hard for his next contract.
  6. Maybe a little, but if the ball gets above the board in its flight path it's going to get knocked down. It has more of an effect for hard-line drive-type home runs.
  7. Correa is Dylan Maples from a different mother. Incredible stuff that he cannot command.
  8. How much of an impact on the trade down will Stafford's availability have on the Bears? https://www.wfxrtv.com/sports/sports-illustrated/e47909ba/report-rams-calling-teams-about-trading-matthew-stafford/#:~:text=The%20Rams%20have%20reportedly%20been,%E2%80%9Clove%20to%20trade%20him.%E2%80%9D
  9. Yeah, I read that too. Any guesses who the 7 are? Assuming none are QBs, I'd think: Will Anderson, Devon Witherspoon, Tyree Wilson, Myles Murphy, Christian Gonzalez, Peter Skoronski, and depending on how they feel about the recent off-field stuff, Jalen Carter. I know they met with Bijan Robinson too, and he's as good of a talent as there is in this draft, but IDK if they'd consider him #1 overall. Drafting an OG at 1 overall would sure be something I was physically at the draft when Orlando Pace was taken 1.1. I also met him the night before the draft at the ESPN Zone (is that still a bar) at the bar and introduced myself as an OSU alum. He was just there with about 4 friends hanging out and having a drink. He already knew he was going to be drafted first. That is one of my only brushes with fame.
  10. lol "Although Blasingame did not have a rushing attempt or a reception in the 2022 season, he played 174 snaps – 18 percent – for the NFL’s No. 1 rushing offense. Blasingame also was on the field for 215 special-teams plays during the 2022 season." https://www.al.com/sports/2023/03/former-alabama-prep-standout-staying-with-chicago-on-two-year-deal.html
  11. I’m not likely to listen so anyone want give Cliff’s notes?
  12. I don't think it would take a 1st round pick, but I don't know.
  13. If this was the best available offer, would you be happy if the Bears dropped all the way to 9th and also got the Panther's two 2nd-round picks and the 1st round in 2024?
  14. It's so hard to put any stock in the records. it's better to win than to lose those, for sure.
  15. I wonder if he's "working on stuff"
  16. Sampson laying an egg in the first
  17. If it's ever going to happen again, the Bears find themselves in the best/worst circumstance to make it make sense. Also, the draft is deep at a number of positions, this helps too.
  18. Very psyched about the Pelicans finally coming to Fredericksburg this year! Tickets go on sale Monday I called the box office today and tickets go on sale next Thursday. I'm not sure if there is a MiLB thing or just with the Biscuits.
  19. The Athletic has the Bears trading down twice Colts for #4 and #35 and 1st round 2024 And Carolina for #9, #61, and 1st round 2024 Giving them picks, 9, 35, 53, 61, and 64 and drafting Lukas Van Ness DL, Iowa at #9
  20. lol, I just went online to look at tickets for the Smokies when they come to Montgomery. The lowest ticket prices are $49 apiece. I guess I'm not going to make it to many games this year if those are the prices. Edit: It looks like I found a secondary market. I'm not sure if the tickets are on sale yet.
  21. Wesneski is going to get the error there, but Hosmer should have been able to pick that. Sloppy D here.
  22. I would not mind at all if Pat and JD were the everyday team on TV.
  23. Morel finally had a good AB.
×
×
  • Create New...