Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. That’s as bad a team effort I’ve seen from Bama in the Saban era. Sloppy play and a bad quarterback. Wow. The look like a six win team in the SEC. I expect they will tighten up the sloppy play, but if that kid is the best quarterback they have it’s going to be a long year.
  2. Baseball managers are only useful around the margins. The Cubs have had a lot of margins to expose Ross for better or worse. My opinion is that like a lot of baseball lifers, he has a penchant for veterans and he has a problem with letting starting pitchers go too long. But the time he does pull a guy early this happens. So.. he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He's very likely a net positive overall. His teams play hard all the time even when they don't have too.
  3. The organ is so much better than the overly loud canned rock music. Are they piping in crowd noise too? Only @25K at the game last night.
  4. Bo Nix should never have gone to Auburn. His dad is a legend around those parts though. He's a really good QB and has all the qualities the NFL loves. I suspect he's going to go higher in the draft than most people think.
  5. The Lions haven’t really been a for real team in any of our lifetimes. It’s really weird and I don’t know what to make of it.
  6. Ross laughing at making Canerio face the closer.
  7. Wicks first Cubs pitcher since 1901 to start his career 3-0.
  8. this is so much fun. I"ve made a promise to myself that I will enjoy this playoff run. In 2016 I was so anxious I couldn't watch the end of the WS. I had to get reports from my wife.
  9. I"m delayed due to meetings, watching the end of the game. Little has a funkadelic delivery
  10. Stretch time. I had to move over to Boog when Garland was with Pat and Ron
  11. Does anyone know how to sync up the video and audio when watching MLB.tv (Marquee + Pat and Ron)?
  12. even at $20 dollars a beer, that's a lot to make up from $35 dollar to $200+ tickets.
  13. Except Canario. Ross is going to turn this into a running joke.
  14. from 6 to 9 out of 30 is a big drop-off. The Ricketts are not bad owners in the sense that they have invested in the Cubs and Wrigley, they are extracting every dollar out of it. They are bad owners because they are bad humans.
  15. yes, it's also worth pointing out that the FV grades are based on best guesses and don't really mean anything other than the level of confidence people have about a particular prospect. A 40 guy is not 5 FVs less than a 45 guy. It's just ordinal ranking.
  16. It's pretty cool seeing him on the mound. He makes the other players look tiny.
  17. They should hire Mark Bellhorn to give him some hitting philosophy, lol. His bat-to-ball skills are off the charts. No one wants a Javy Baez approach.
  18. I don't care. Whoever can get the job done. Little can strike guys out. If he can find a way to harness control. If not get him out of Chicago, like right now.
  19. There is no reason to do that.
  20. Getz has no real experience, correct?
×
×
  • Create New...