Jump to content
North Side Baseball

mk49

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    2,514
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by mk49

  1. Wow. The Padres lost again, I think 5 straight games. And, their ace pitched tonight in Colorado. I'd rather face the Mets in the postseason, so that's good.
  2. Yeah, if the Brewers didn't win like crazy or the Brewers were in a different division, all the Cubs fans should be very happy now. That's what I've been kept saying. We already won almost as many games as the last year, and it's still early Sept. I guess because of the Brewers, super good offense earlier and bad offense lately frustrated many of us. Yes, I understand what I just said, but I was frustrated lately, too. But, look at the bright side, the Dodgers and the Padres are both struggling right now. I think the Dodgers are like four games under 500 after the break, and they got all the SPs back from the IL. The Cubs are a few games over 500, and we should feel happier than the Dodgers fans. They must be super frustrated now.
  3. The Dodgers lost 4 in a row against not so good teams. I remember the Cubs wanted Tanner Scott. I'm super happy that we didn't get him. They are like four game below 500 after the ASB, and they had all the SPs back from the IL. Ohtani as a SP isn't helping, I think, because it's basically a bullpen day, when he starts. They could be still scary in the post season, but if the Padres passes the Dodgers, the Cubs would beat LA in Chicago.
  4. I don't know if he will or not. If Shota's first year was this year, he would have won ROY. The Yankees pitcher won ROY last year, and Shota was way better than him. The biggest thing about Cade is IP. Skenes pitched 130+ innings last year, and Cade won't. Cade has been one of the best SPs in MLB in the last two months, though. And, I'll be really happy if he wins.
  5. I used to think so a week ago or so. His BA with RISP is more than decent, probably, close to .300.
  6. And, we'd be much happier. Despite the bad offense in the last month or two, the Cubs are top 3 in the league, now. Only .5 game below the Phillies and 2.5 game above the Dodgers.
  7. Great to see Hodge being good Hodge in the last 2 games. His velocity seems to be back.
  8. Happ hit like 4 HRs in the last 7 or 8 games, I think.
  9. There were a lot of trade talks about Nico in off season, too. I didn't want to see him go. The Cubs didn't trade him, so it's all good.😄
  10. I agree. He has the best BA in the team. He's very consistent both offensively and defensively. More than likely, he'll get another gold glove this year. PCA should've been the MVP, if he didn't struggle this long, though.
  11. Yeah, he's been great like 90% of the time. Way better than Rogers.
  12. PCA is pretty good today, too. 2 hits and 2 sac flies.
  13. I really didn't want to see Castro starting today, but I guess I was wrong.
  14. Assad was perfect, until the last two batters. PCA should have caught it, though.
  15. He has. Way better than earlier in the season.
  16. I was just talking about Pete's offense. His defense is always great, anyway. He could win Platinum Glove this year. If he doesn't win at least Gold Glove, I'd be disappointed. And, to be honest, I don't know why Counsell uses Castro so often. Like for the last game, I wanted to see Alcantara over Castro at the center field. But, Castro had an RBI single, and that was the only run, so I shouldn't complain.😄
  17. Yeah, even Seiya who's been struggling for a while, is way better than Pete. Maybe, Castro is better than Pete, too, which is very sad.
  18. Definitely, Mets. They are good only at home, well usually.
  19. You know what? Yes, the Cubs offense has been bad for long time, but if the Brewers are still a game or two below the Cubs, most of us would feel happy enough right now. At the moment, the Cubs is like two games above the Dodgers and four games above the Padres. Only the Phillies would be better than the Cubs, if the Brewers didn't start winning like crazy a month or two ago. Now, the Brewers started losing, but it's most likely too late for the Cubs to catch up.
  20. I somewhat disagree. - The Dodgers are a game or two below .500 after ASB. They just got swept by the Pirates. Pretty pathetic, IMO. That being said, I'm not sure which team is the scariest against the Cubs now. Their bullpen isn't particularly good, either. SPs could be scary with Snell, Yamamoto, Kershaw Glassnow and Ohtani, though. - The Phillies: I agree about Wheeler. They still have good SPs, and they might be the scariest to me. - The Brewers: I agree with you. - The Mets don't play well away games. If the Cubs face the Mets in Chicago (most likley), we would have good chance beating them. If I remember correctly, they don't like lefties, and most likely, Shota and Boyd will start and we also have Thielbar and Pomerantz. I don't want to mention Rogers. Oh, I just did.😄 - The Padres: I'd rather face the Mets in Chicago than the Padres. Yes, SPs are a mess, but they have great bullpen. I don't know when King will come back. Either way, for some reason, the Pares are scarier than the Mets to me.
  21. Wow, I don't even remember when the last time Hodge did no hit, no walk. Seems like his velocity is getting better.
×
×
  • Create New...