Jump to content
North Side Baseball

mk49

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    2,516
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by mk49

  1. I love Jamo, but right now, Ben looks much better. He should be in the rotation.
  2. Ben was impressive. He pitched a few changups, too. His 4 seams and sinkers were 96 ~ 98mph.
  3. Assad has pitched pretty well so far (3 innings). I was about to root for Mexico, because of Assad, but I want the US to advance. So, I'm rooting for Assad and Italy.😀
  4. Just let Italy beat Mexico to keep it simple. Only cool thing tonight was PCA. No Bregman = L.
  5. At least, Jamo didn't give up a HR, the first time this year, I think.😄 Aside from the velo, he did OK.
  6. Interesting. Jamo vs Amaya. Jamo won the 1st round.😄
  7. Just found Seiya hit two HRs in Japan (vs Korea).
  8. Walking and hitting. I liked Mo's ABS challenges. I thought both of them were too low, but Mo was right. In the 1st inning, a couple of them could've been strikes, too.
  9. Mo was good in the 2nd inning. 3 for 3.
  10. Dansby and Bregman hit homeruns.
  11. Since you mentioned Carlson, I just checked his stats. Like you said, it doesn't matter much yet, but wow. He's looking great.
  12. I love it + Alcantara RF. I wanted to see more Rojas defense, so that's cool, too.
  13. It must be really nice to be there. I noticed the velo, too. According to Savant, they were 93.2, 92.7, then 92.0 in the 3rd. The slowest fastball was 91.3, which is still better than the average in 2025. Then, I checked his first game in 2024, the home opener against the Rockies. The velo dropped from 93.4 (1st inning) to 91.5 (6th inning). So, I guess that's kinda normal for him. Hopefully, he can keep the velo up there.
  14. 5 homers between two Chicago teams. Something was going on, I guess (wind + the dry weather?). No more HR after that.
  15. No excuse for 3HR, but Shota's velo was up there. No more 88~90mph fastball, at least so far in this spring. The 1st HR wasn't a bad pitch, and they were all solo HR. PCA finally started hitting, and Bregman hit a HR. I know that's just matter of time, but made me feel good.😀
  16. Looking forward to it. Mo and Conforto for the first time this spring + Shota for the first time on TV this year.
  17. Yeah, it was fun to watch Rea - Brown - Assad. They all looked pretty good, especially Ben. They pitched 7 innings only 3 H, 0 BB and 8 K combined. Aside from Jamo, our SP's + those backup SP's are looking good so far.
  18. Oh, I didn't know that. That makes sense. Thanks.
  19. Alcantara is finally playing, but DH? I guess they want to see other OF players.
  20. Cabrera is going to pitch tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it. Wiggins was a bit of disappointment. Yeah, I know it was just a spring training game, but I expected a better result. So far, Ben Brown, Assad and Shota exceeded by expectations. Boyd was good today. Horton was great, too.
  21. Counsell said Long is not going to play in WBC.
  22. I didn't think Amaya as the backup 1B. It does make sense, and should be better than Mo. Hopefully, Long, another option, will be back soon. The injury didn't look that serious.
  23. I agree with you. But, like you said, we don't know if all the options are going to be bad, yet. I don't have high expectation on those guys, to be honest.😁 But, again, we're talking about backup guys, and while the role is important, not the top priority. Maybe, we get lucky. Otherwise, try to find somebody by the trade deadline, and hope the new guy works.
  24. Yeah, Jamo's HR problem continued. Horton looked very good, though.
×
×
  • Create New...