Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Blurb is a bit old. With O'Malley starting today for Iowa, in Ryu's turn in the rotation, I think Ryu will miss some time.
  2. Fall practices for Notre Dame (or Nota Dem) must be fast approaching, and they wanted to get him closer to home, so when it time for him to head back to ND he doesn't have to travel as long. But I also believe that before he heads back to ND, the Cubs want to do one last evaluation to see where Shark stands with his talents. All in all, I'm not surprise at this move. It's also a move to try to convince him to stick to baseball...moving him to Peoria (the MWL is his neck of woods, way more Cubs fans in the area, etc.) from Boise and the hot, dry high desert/mountain communities (apologies to Eugene, OR and Vancouver, BC) of the NWL which are 2000 miles from home.
  3. First of all, where are the refs in all of this? Secondly, if someone said those things to me, they'd be lucky to get out of the ICU. That Italian player is trash. You said it better than I could have.
  4. Sounds like that will give him 3 starts with the Chiefs, hopefully a couple of those will be at home and some of you folks can check him out. Hopefully he'll take the well-deserving Jeremy Papelbon with him.
  5. Probable Starters: Iowa: LHP Ryan O'Malley (5-5, 3.93 ERA, 87 IP, 55/21, 1.31 WHIP) @ RHP Nic Ungs (7-8, 3.87 ERA) West Tenn: RHP Juan Mateo (6-4, 2.50 ERA, 75.2 IP, 54/22, 1.12 WHIP) @ RHP Jose Oyervidez (2-9, 4.32 ERA) Daytona: RHP Mark Holliman (6-5, 3.65 ERA, 93.2 IP, 87/40, 1.21 WHIP) Peoria: RHP Scott Taylor: (5-4, 3.06 ERA, 85.1 IP, 37/15, 1.18 WHIP) @ RHP Vince Bongiovanni (4-0, 1.86 ERA) Boise: RHP Mike Billek 1-0, 3.52 ERA, 15.1 IP, 9/3, 1.11 WHIP) vs. LHP James Heuser (2-3, 5.40 ERA)
  6. At least Hill or Guzman won't rot in the pen as the long reliever?
  7. Probable Starters: Iowa: RHP Randy Wells (3-1, 4.15 ERA, 21.2 IP, 18/3, 1.15 WHIP) @ LHP Renyel Pinto (7-2, 3.26 ERA) West Tenn: LHP Chris Shaver (5-5, 2.20 ERA, 94 IP, 85/34, 1.22 WHIP) @ LHP Sean Thompson (3-7, 3.45 ERA) Daytona: RHP Roberto Sotolongo (0-1, 3.50 ERA, 18 IP, 13/4, 1.11 WHIP) Peoria: RHP Mitch Atkins (7-3, 2.72 ERA, 92.2 IP, 80/39, 1.23 WHIP) vs. RHP Marwin Vega (3-5, 5.70 ERA) Boise: RHP Jose Pina (1-1, 2.18 ERA, 20.2 IP, 7/3, 1.02 WHIP) vs. RHP Chad Lee (0-0, 3.52 ERA) Mesa: RHP Robert Hernandez (0-0, 2.70 ERA, 10 IP, 4/2, 1.40 WHIP)
  8. Wow, thanks for that. I think a bunch of us have gotten a majorly negative impression on Rothschild. I had heard similar things about Williams and how Dunn had to fix some things when Jerome got to AAA (not nibbling and throwing strikes is what Jerome said in an interview). It seemed like something Rotschild should have addressed. I do like how Dunn and Joshua are making a major impact on some of the best young guys in the system right now, so I don't have a problem with them in the minors. If the Cubs could get competent coaches at the big league level, it'd be nice to see guys like Joshua and Dunn play a big role in molding the minor leaguers.
  9. What more does Rich Hill have to prove at AAA? Let's see if he can make adjustments at the big league level. Also, Guzman is still getting his arm strengthened after getting an 18-day vacation to the end of the big league bullpen. I'm fine with giving him another shot, but the guy just baffles me. He dominates in AAA but then gets shelled outing after outing in the majors. How many more chances do we give this guy to prove himself? Hill's had only 19.1 IP (4 starts) at the big leagues this season. Given how well he's performed at AAA, I think it's only fair he gets a very extended look in the big leagues. Guzman is also younger and higher up the prospect totem pole. He'll have his chances.
  10. Campy handled his (double) promotion better. Rapada was definitely better at West Tenn than Campusano at Peoria.
  11. But speedy Maddux is pitching too. Wonder who will win out...probably Trachsel.
  12. What more does Rich Hill have to prove at AAA? Let's see if he can make adjustments at the big league level. Also, Guzman is still getting his arm strengthened after getting an 18-day vacation to the end of the big league bullpen.
  13. Sammy Baez may have been hurt in the Boise game. He was subbed out defensively in the top of the 5th. :?
  14. Yay, Lewis with an XBH. Time to heat back up, Hollywood. Colvin with 2 XBHs too, including the GW HR in the 8th.
  15. Campusano is the clear cut winner. I'd say Mendez is well deserving of 2nd place and Rapada and Avery are close for third.
  16. You're fired. :wink: FINE! I didn't even want to work herE! I'm going to CubsClub.net! :storms off: :P
  17. Whoops, between that and calling Mesa "Peoria," I'm making mistakes all over the map today. I expect he will eventually adjust...I'm just impatient and thought he had already adjusted after his last start. :P Interesting point about wearing down mid-season...he started to struggle this time last year (I think it was this time of the year) in Peoria too.
  18. I think Petrick is ready to return to the MWL or FSL... 5 IP, 1 ER, 7 Ks/2 BBs...surprisingly he had 5 flyouts to 1 groundout. His ERA on the season is 2.10 in 25.2 IP.
  19. Who's really the competition? BP, Scout.com sites and specific individuals like Sickels, I guess. There's not much there, but BA has set the bar high.
  20. BA had Harvey ranked 7th in the Cubs system going into the season...seems about right. It's an indictment of the quality of the system itself. BA definitely has its flaws, but it's still the best in the business.
  21. Sean Gallagher's walk rate at West Tenn is of concern... 23 BBs, 36 Ks. Really aided by his previous start where he had 10 Ks.
  22. I really do hope this is the market for relievers.
  23. Peoria lost 8-7. Astroga gave up 2 R (1 ER) in the 8th for the loss.
  24. I went last night, July 5th. What did you think of Scott Taylor from what you saw? Also, their closer last night was Matt Avery, who's been lights out down there. Sorry, I don't remember Scott Taylor. Was he the starter that night. As I said earlier, no one really impressed me other than the closer; but, again, that's the first Chiefs' game I went to and I don't follow the minors at all. I do remember the starter getting hammered, but getting out of jams. Clinton's pitcher looked really good,but left after like 5 innings. I don't know why he was taken out because he wasn't in trouble. The Chiefs then pretty much hit Clinton's bullpen. Taylor was the starter for Peoria. His line that day was: 6 IP, 6H, 1 ER, 1/3 K/BB, WP. Clinton might have taken out their pitcher due to pitch count concerns...
×
×
  • Create New...