Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. There's a chance Cedeno could put up a 750 at Iowa I expect 750-800 at Iowa, hope for 700 if he was a big league regular. Can't see DeRosa maintain 800+.
  2. Yes, he's Carney's son. Josh Lansford was the Cubs' 6th round pick last season. Wilken says that Josh is "cat-like" around the bag. He's a fantastic defender, I hope he can stick at 2B since his bat might not stick at 3B.
  3. Me 2. I like to see the velocity and command of the fastball. I dont really care if the curve ball is everywhere. A little 'bite' would be nice even if its out of the zone. Good pitching day. A little improvement in velocity is good (as is movement of the FB), but command of the FB is most important. I hope he's involiving the offspeed stuff in today's outing.
  4. Add Rapada, Piggy and Novoa to the bullpen? Speedy team. Not a lot of pop. And maybe Wuertz. That's a whole lot of good pitching.
  5. Sorry, I meant to take that column out - 17 must have been from something els.
  6. Do you really think they'll send Gallagher back to AA? I would but I don't think they will. From what I've heard, it sounds like he's had a good camp. I agree. I can see reasons for and against sending him down, but I really think he'll be in Iowa. For selfish reasons, I'd like for him to be sent to Tennessee so I could watch him pitch when they play the Braves in Mississippi. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with watching Veal instead. Hrm. My stab at Tennessee's rotation if Gallagher is at Iowa: Donnnie Veal Chris Shaver JR Mathes Two of: Mark Holliman Justin Berg Grant Johnson It's not as pretty at AA.
  7. Yes, he's Carney's son. Josh Lansford was the Cubs' 6th round pick last season.
  8. well, we can just say that it's debateable and that neither team was clearly better. UW won the big game, but if played 10 more times, who knows? BTW-UW is my 2nd favorite college team, though. i lived right next door to the campus for 3 years. I think what helps them a lot is Brandon Roy is the only guy on either team from last season that could take over the game.
  9. Do you really think they'll send Gallagher back to AA? I would but I don't think they will. From what I've heard, it sounds like he's had a good camp.
  10. Rocky Cherry seems to be giving him a run for his money at the moment... Certainly; it'd be nice if Wuertz got healthy too - he has a better track record than Cotts and would, imo, be better than Cotts this season.
  11. Of course, the refs handed the game to Washington. I disagree that Illinois was better by the tournament last season.
  12. 1. Angel Guzman 2. Sean Marshall 3. Juan Mateo 4. Les Walrond 5. Ryan O'Malley/Randy Wells/Sean Gallagher CL: Carlos Marmol Set up: Rocky Cherry 1B : Micah Hoffauir/Casey McGehee 2B: Eric Patterson SS: Ronny Cedeno 3B Scott Moore C: Geovany Soto OF: Felix Pie OF: Chris Walker OF: Buck Coats Not bad. You know they'll probably like to play one vet at least in the lineup. I also think Moore will be all over the IF and OF like the end of last season.
  13. Lorenzo Romar said the same thing, didn't work out as well for U-Dub. I can't believe Stanford is on the bubble. ETA: Stanford struggled after they lost their PG Anthony Goods. His first game back was against USC in their OT tournament loss. UW's worse than illinois, though. damn, we should have beaten them last year in the tourney! This year? Yeah. Not last year. Look out for U-Dub next year if Hawes comes back (and Romar realizes having the two best post-up guys in the Pac-10 might be more conducive to half court offense).
  14. Yup, it was very nice. They already have the historical highlights section up to view-so Raisin can feel great by watching the UCLA vs Missouri highlight, then torture himself by watching Princeton/UCLA, then feel better when watching UCLA/Gonzaga from last year :D. What Princeton-UCLA game? (Thankfully, that was waay before my time at UCLA - heck, I was in 8th grade for that. I remember being more pissed that the Bulls lost a game that same weekend.)
  15. Lorenzo Romar said the same thing, didn't work out as well for U-Dub. I can't believe Stanford is on the bubble. ETA: Stanford struggled after they lost their PG Anthony Goods. His first game back was against USC in their OT tournament loss.
  16. USC beat WSU, advances to the Pac-10 final to face Oregon. I'm SO pissed at UCLA. Could have been a USC-UCLA Pac-10 Final at Staples.
  17. Up your ASS.... We are 11-6 in conference, clearly showed we are at least 4th in the Big 12, yet we still get no respect. I love dilusional Big Televen fans..... Go win at Texas. Guarantee it wouldn't happen. So we lose to KU 2x....but only lose to aTm by 4 at their house, while we only had Walker for 5 mins of the game......no, that didn't matter.. We came back from that, without our best player, to win 12 of 16 and finish 4th in the Big 12...... If KSU is NOT in, I'll drive to Indy and show MANY people my ASS! No need to take it personally. KSU is as bubble as they come, and I agree it's because of a weak division. Aside from a 1 point win at Texas, they have no wins against the RPI top 50. They really don't have any quality losses that I can see either (maybe A&M). Getting blown away by Cal and New Mexico by as much as they did certainly won't help either, no matter how early in the season they occurred. They beat the teams they should have beaten and weren't very competitive against too many other tournament-worthy teams in their losses. I will though... read the stats I posted in my last message. As for RPI top 50 wins... we have USC (After tonights soon to be win), UT, and TT....all top 50 RPI Teams (USC will be tonight) Heh, you beat USC with Gabe Pruitt (USC's best player) coming back in his first game of the season from suspension (and he only played 20 minutes). Big whoop.
  18. USC up 38-34 on Washington State. WSU swept the regular season series and last time out in Pullman, the Cougars came back from a double digit deficit to win in double overtime. ETA: Oregon was swept by USC and swept Wazzou this season.
  19. Andrew Brackman: 5 GS, 31.1 IP, 11 R, 10 ER, 24 H, 33 K/10 BB, 2 HR, 2.87 ERA, 1.09 WHIP David Price: 5 GS, 35.2 IP, 10 ER, 25 H, 57 K/7 BB, 2.52 ERA, 0.90 WHIP, .195 BAA Joe Savery: 5 GS, 18.1 IP, 5 ER, 14 H, 15 K/8 BB, 2.45 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, .226 BAA Matt Wieters: 22/64, .344/.434.563/.997, 3 HR, 5 2B, 0 3B, 11 BB/11 K, 1 E
  20. Oregon blows away Cal and advances to the Pac-10 championship. :roll:
  21. Compton Dominguez HS cornerback Aaron Hester - Devin's cousin - commits to UCLA! :) http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/40/408834.jpg
  22. I hope Lunardi's wrong. But with some mid majors (Butler and Nevada) that were locks not winning their conference tournament, it takes spots away from bubble teams. It would be nice if the Pac-10 got 6 teams in the tournament though. Plus, he has Illinois in the tournament right now and they don't deserve to be there, at least not over Stanford. He has Illinois out as of now (based on what I was watching on ESPN U).
  23. Woa, I figured Illinois was getting blown out judging by the Illini fans' posts. Illinois is up 3.
  24. I was waiting for you to show up in this thread!
×
×
  • Create New...