Away from Billy Wagner. How come CPatt? NM, don't know what I was looking at hehe, 24 mill seems high. The 3 in conjunction with the 24 is the important part. Remember Remmy. That has a nice ring to it. I think he's worth it...dude is only 34...hasn't had an ERA above 2.5 in 4 years...last three I think the average is under 2.0... Is he the only thing we need? not by a long shot....but he makes it an 8 inning game. Heck...Matt Lawton is getting 7.75 Mill... For Comparision...Rivera is getting 10.5 Mill, Izzy is 8.2, Foulke is getting 7.5, .... 8 for Wagner doesn't seem out of line at all....heck, maybe we could say we couldn't afford Neifi because of the expense. Look at Remmy's numbers the 3-4 years before we signed him. Age will catch up to Wagner too, especially since he relies on that little body to throw heat. And he's such an injury risk. If the Cubs aren't re-signing Dempster (which I'm sure they will, based on the comments about how he's such a good guy in the clubhouse and given how Hendry likes these high character guys), the only closer I want them to go after is BJ Ryan. From a cost-benefit perspective, it'd be wiser for the Cubs to re-sign Dempster.