Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jumbo

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    1,139
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jumbo

  1. According to the Fitzgerald/Spielberger chart #10 & #41 are more points than #3 Probably wouldn't get it done, though. Using the Jimmy Johnson chart (most teams are using this or close to this) it would take 10, 39, 41 to get to surplus value for the Giants. (This site didn't have future picks) Fun exercise though
  2. Draft strategy - one thing I'd like the Bears to do is capatilize on deep positions better. For example, last year was a "good" center draft. This year is a good "RB & DT" draft. (There are other positions that could be listed here but stick with me). This year is not a good "Center" draft. So this year would be a greast year to pick up a DT or RB, even if there is not a true need there. You get value by a round or so over other years. It doesn't seem like they do this yet. Interested to see what they do.
  3. Extension for Edwards, 2/$20 - has this been covered here?
  4. A whole lot of Cubs Twitter already has their outrage tweet written, just ready to hit send
  5. I just need to get COVID twice instead of dieting...
  6. I think Poles is (and has been) asking the coach what he wants and going and getting it. I'm hoping his bad moves can be blamed on that (probably just a few, ha)
  7. Trying to answer the question "what is seattle doing" -- Athletic podcast said Geno was looking for top tier QB money and Seattle wouldn't do that. DK also got $30MM/year from Pittsburgh and Seattle wouldn't do that either. They have 75-80% of their previous receiving corps and a slightly cheaper QB who played really well most of last year. Now they have some extra picks and will hopefully fill in their IOL. Are they better, hard to say that....
  8. The podcast I listen to said he wanted to reset the T market again with an updated contract (he is signed through 2026 at $21MM per year. (He got his $50MM signing bonus with the extension) There was some chatter about his locker room presence being a problem (maybe projecting it if he doesn't get his contract). They said the value of the picks combined is equivalent to a first round pick, but they won't be able to get a plug in T with what they got back.
  9. Looking forward to seeing him in officially licensed gear on the sidelines, ha He seems to be one of many players that just can't hold up against injury
  10. I assume you meant his career has landed him with another cursed franchise?
  11. Jeanty seems like a luxury pick or a finishing piece to a team that is already nearly complete. If the FO thinks we're that close to a complete team I'd be surprised. DE/DT/C are the obvious needs G/T/S are the positions needing someone coming in to replace in a year I was thinking a RB in either R2 or R3, but I even considered a second RB in R6 or R7. If the OL is right the players look better. I don't really like Swift or Roschon.
  12. Everett definitely Walker I hate to see go with a relatively small cap number. Seems more sensible to keep him until he is forced off the team by other additions. He's a good run defender DE who can bump inside. Not sure why he had to go right now...
  13. I want all 17 game season records to be isolated into their own strata The 16 game season records cannot be broken by a 17 game season. "But he only played in 16 games!" horsefeathers that Who was the single season rushing leader when the season was 14 games? 12 games? Those guys are still the record holder in my eyes This also does a little work on the "era" front
  14. Eli "Smith" doesn't make it into HOF Eli Manning just might
  15. Boy I'm glad they didn't give up Lonzo
  16. If I've understood anything about the cap from you and others, it's that CASH spending can make all the perceived CAP issues go away, or greatly diminish.
  17. How have we not talked about this here before?! I mean, she was 102! And RIP, Ginnie
  18. Micah Parsons Jr??
  19. Virtually every player takes the most money, especially a guy like Smith who has been getting paid 6th round money
  20. I can't find the blue jacket on the Cubs shop. I guess I'll have to settle for this
  21. Isn't Loomis more of a President Type in actual role? He also manages the Pelicans - is that right? I thought he was the GM for another pro team. My point is he must be steering the ship but delegating traditional GM responsibilities to Player Personnel types, etc. No way he is doing it all for both teams the way a ordinary GM would Is this crazy talk?
  22. Brady has opted out of the Saints job. Gonna do the Ben Johnson thing and make everyone want him more next year. I guess that's easy to do when the QB is Josh Allen. Come on down, McCarthy?
  23. I heard clips of this podcast on the score the other day Annoying bears twitter/podcaster (check the start of this video if you don't believe me) got an interview with Ben Johnson's agent, Rick Smith. Hopefully it starts at the beginning of the interview (38 minutes in on the Apple podcast) Key Takeaways: George McCaskey is not an impediment to winning. Rick Smith told them everything that is wrong with their team and they either already knew it or accepted the feedback. Without this he would have directed Johnson to target other openings. Kevin Warren was/is instrumental in helping the Board understand how to operate their franchise (he really is Ving Rhames). The 20 interview requests does not mean the team is incompetent. The team is mining for information on Johnson, looking up the other 31 franchises' skirt to understand how they operate/etc. Rick Smith/the agency is doing homework on Poles and the rest of the Bears to make sure that the team is good enough for their client. The interview is the last piece of the vetting puzzle. Poles and Johnson are ideologically aligned enough to work together. This is the "alignment" that Smith signaled to the Bears after Flus got fired. It really was a clear communication floated from Smith to the Bears.
  24. Tom Brady making his mark? Not what I thought it would look like Carroll is a floor raiser. They need competency and he should be able to provide it
  25. The Hoge and Jahns podcast was pannin the Waldron hire yet again, this time stating that everything Morgan had done in previous seasons to coach up the OL on the outside zone run game was tossed out the window by Waldron. Couple that with DAndre - I'm just gonna bump it outside - Swift and the result is the lousy run game we had. The product on the field seems to jive with five guys not being in sync or comfortable with the pass protections either. All the missed free runners up the middle for weeks on end. I guess they were trying to put a finer point on the dysfunction of Caleb's rookie year. Johnson definitely gives us a lot to get excited about and wonder on, knowing that he is going to essentially design the scheme around Caleb.
×
×
  • Create New...