Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,108
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Between the international signings and if the Cubs even signed 2 of Baez, Vogelbach and Maples it looks like they're going to spend in excess of 10M this year. Isn't that a pretty sizable jump from last year. I think I remember them being around 7 or 7.5M.
  2. It's always wise to take any performance in the PCL with a grain of salt, but it's nice to see considering the struggles he had after the hand injury. Still, I'd like to see him reduce the K at AAA down around 20%.
  3. Yeah his defensive metrics this year are really confusing. His fielding % went from .950 last year to .966 this year, he's on pace to commit fewer errors this year than last, but according to fangraphs he's been much much worse defensively this year than last year. He had a -2.1 UZR last year and he's -7.1 this year. The same metrics show that his range has apparently plummeted too. I usually hate when people say they believe their eyes and not the numbers, and maybe I'm being delusional, but I think Castro has been substantially better defensively this year and that his range has been better as well.
  4. ...would someone please tell Brenly that Wang isn't Japanese.
  5. Well, how many 1st round picks are type A free agent protected? I'd be incredibly pissed if the Cubs played just well enough that they would lose their pick if they acquired a Fielder/Pujols.
  6. I completely forgot about Jason Schmidt. That is one bullet the Cubs managed to avoid. A total disaster of a contract.
  7. Not for the weak of stomache, but a picture of Weeks tonight. http://twitpic.com/5www7f If that's not season ending I don't know what is.
  8. This has me concerned. If they trade Zambrano then competing in 2012 becomes pretty unlikely and I highly doubt the return would warrant that.
  9. Am I the only one who likes that they keep up the K-Zone?
  10. Can we get Toronto's GM? He's made a string of really great moves lately.
  11. Giving up Zach Wheeler for 2 months of Beltran.......that is going to be a big mistake.
  12. Matt "Juan Pierre" Szczur is doing work.
  13. Well at the moment he'd be a type A, so the return would have to be pretty significant. I wish we were shopping him to the Braves this year to try and pick up Mike Minor.
  14. The problem is the Cards need a starter and I'm sure they wouldn't be willing to eat a lot of salary so they're just not a great fit for the Cubs. If not for that I'd happily part with B.Jackson, Marshall and another minor piece.
  15. What will be Quade's excuse for yelling at Castro today?
  16. If Edwin Jackson and Thornton is enough to land Rasmus then Hendry needs to get his ass on the phone.
  17. If true, Ricketts has spent a ton of cash on the draft and international prospects so far. It makes me a bit more hopeful going forward.
  18. You sound awesome. Seriously, who heckles their own team's prospects?
  19. Looks like BJ Upton is going to be dealt very shortly. He was pulled out of tonight's game in the 8th inning, while Desmond Jennings was just promoted.
  20. Seriously dealing with Dave is like dealing with a kid who keeps asking "why?" over and over again. They don't really care why, they just get enjoyment out of irritating the hell out of everyone. Even so, this entire topic comes down to risk vs. reward. The risk of Sori face planting in the wall or hurting himself diving far exceeds the reward of making a spectacular catch. If we're talking the playoffs then things change. You can't eliminate all risk(at bats), but you limit the risk that you can control(diving).
  21. So diving/leaping to make catches is out. Too dangerous, plus non-essential. What about sliding into bases? Is that essential or not? Dangerous or not? This kind of thing is becoming more and more irritating.
  22. So the better a player is, the more foolish it becomes for that player to give a full effort? Do I have that right? No, because "full effort" is far too broad a term. I am saying that the better the player the less I want them to put themselves at risk. If the Cubs signed Matt Kemp I'd be perfectly fine with him never diving again.
×
×
  • Create New...