Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,111
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I have a feeling that affiliation is not nearly as meaningful as one may think at first glance. Relatively few fans of any team care about their minor league teams. Even fans that do care probably still don't care enough to go to games. I've been to hundreds of major league games in a dozen+ stadiums and a handful of spring training games. But I've never been to any minor league game. And I'm somebody who used to start down on the farm threads on espn.com a decade ago. I am sure there are benefits but the entire business model of minor league baseball has thrived across the country for decades but it is more about serving that particular local market a fun and cheap product.
  2. The freaking jeats on Monday night. If this was Sunday there is no question that I would be attending. As it stands, odds are less than 50% right now. I hate primetime football but the Bears have seemingly become really good at it.
  3. That's kinda shocking. I read it as a pretty standard negotiating tactic to get the KC owner to commit as much as possible to upgrades. I wonder what kind of attendance bump they've seen from the affiliation Bruce wrote about it. They had a good turnout, but supposedly have also had even better in past years.
  4. That's kinda shocking. I read it as a pretty standard negotiating tactic to get the KC owner to commit as much as possible to upgrades.
  5. I think I'm missing something here.
  6. Do the player/ump NO TOUCHING rules cut both ways? If so, West should get a huge fine and possibly a suspension. That was very aggressive, and totally bizarre behavior from an umpire, IMO They don't cut both ways. The ump has a lot more leeway to initiate trouble without consequence. They can be disciplined, but I don't think MLB cares enough to risk bothering their union and deal with the consequences. Plus, their most devoted audience are rules obsessed respect authority types that don't want to see the lowly athletes get away with talking back.
  7. early bed time? No, I saw the game. He was really fricking good. I was trying to answer your question. If you are bitching about Cutler this morning you may have gone to bed early last night.
  8. 119.2 QBR is quite a feat considering it only goes up to 100. It goes to like 156.3 or something. Or something
  9. Windy mcwindup pass needs time
  10. I cannot believe what I just saw/drank
  11. Those are hard to get sometimes
×
×
  • Create New...