Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. That's awesome! Lou, a little bit of Dusy, a Little bit of Ned, and a whole bunch of over-managing. Cub fever, catch it!
  2. About what, changes in the lineup? He said about 10 times over that Dusty was the only person who didn't know that Patterson was sucking at the plate. He then went on about some other problems with Dusty. I was only listening while I was in the car.
  3. Yeah because everyone else has been hammering Cueto for us. How about we give him a month straight to play instead of only playing him against right handers with electric stuff. Lou is setting him up to fail. Normally I would agree with you......but cmon, he has been horsecrap the last 5 games he's played He went 2 for 4 with a double in the Cardinals series. Your stats are really killing his theory. I never posted a theory lol. I'm thinking he's looking just overmatched and lost at the plate. I knew he was amazing in AAA....I just find it hard to believe that he cant at least foul of some pitches and look like a major leaguer. How is it that a "stud" prospect cannot hit lefties AT ALL? That's an honest question He can. He has. He will continue to. Indeed. I'd like to add that one needs an awfully long bat to hit lefties from the bench.
  4. Anyone listening to the broadcast on XM? Marty is absolutely going off on Dusty. The guy is a real prick. I bet he use to beat Thom pretty good when Thom was a young'in.
  5. Ugh, I'm in both Cardinal and Red territory according to MLB, so I get to Brantly and Brenneman.
  6. @#W#$@@@@!#%^&$%$#, Teh Cobs is sTUpid.
  7. By the time he gets a shot at the majors Lou and the current regime will almost certainly be gone. Next season? I doubt it. You think he'll get a shot by next season? I'm thinking 2010 or 2011.
  8. By the time he gets a shot at the majors Lou and the current regime will almost certainly be gone.
  9. Maybe they should have left him in for 3-4 innings, and let him walk 12 guys. That would have made it even better. Yes much, much better.
  10. That is a hideous comparison. I don't remember anyone ever painting educators with a broad brush like some people do the military. Watch the movie and then decide what sort of brush is used. Tip for the graduating senior who wants to be a sports journalist; a strawman is never a good argument.
  11. I didn't know which thread to put this in. This quote makes me want to vomit. Yanking him after 2/3 of inning and demoting him to AAA will help his worry. This will all work out in the end, I'm sure of that.
  12. Boog and Len use to do Marlin games on the radio. It was a real treat to listen to them.
  13. Even though this is an hour later, I'll address this. Marmol was only going to be able to pitch 1 inning tonight. Knowing that, it doesn't matter that much which inning he threw. Both pitchers were going to have to shut down the Cardinals in order to win the game. Plus the 5-6-7 hitters were coming up for the Cardinals in the 10th. It makes more sense to hope Fox can shut them down there, and try to save Marmol's 1 inning for the 2-3-4 in the order. No it doesn't. Unless they made a new rule Marmol is allowed to pitch more than one inning.
  14. I'm real sick of reading that tired old argument. It's the same thing as Brenly last night admonishing sportswriters for asking Lou if he thought about taking Soriano out on Friday. Lou Peniella is a mortal not immortal.
  15. And now pinch hitting with our best pitcher. Lou is out TLRing TLR.
  16. Out of context your post make sense. In context it's very stupid. What doens't make sense? When Hill struggles the collective wisdom around here blames Lou for the most part. Hill has not been very good since Spring Training. I don't know why that is, but he can't throw strikes. What is stupid would be leaving him out there. He'll turn things around, but its obvious he's not very good right now. Stop it with the collective wisdom crap. As you can plainly see if you read there are a variety of opinions here. It doesn't make sense because they just skipped him in the rotation, it's the first inning, and the bottom of the order is coming up. Leave him in. Lou is pissed and acts impulsively. I'm sure it will do wonders for Hill. There's not been a pitcher jerked around more than Hill.
  17. Gee I wonder why he's a headcase? (not that actually believe it to be true)
  18. there's just no proof that he's been bad. he's walked a lot of guys, but he's been rather good. No I'm sure what he just did was bad no, i'm sure his .671 OPS against says he's been good. Not only that but he threw 27 pitches.
  19. Out of context your post make sense. In context it's very stupid.
  20. Jesus Christ, our lord and savior, Rich Hill has been mismanaged by the Cubs.
  21. That's awesome. I wonder what Bigbird and Belkfast think.
×
×
  • Create New...