Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Connor McConnor

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    428
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Connor McConnor

  1. They will probably make the playoffs. I have never been less excited about the Cubs being in the playoffs. This 2nd half has been.....well.
  2. Team leader though. Great clubhouse guy. Just a lousy hitter.
  3. The percentile of the whiff rate vs walk rate and the rate of suckiness / square root of Suzuki's birthday X3 says that all is well and the Cubs hitters are all fine. Hang in there.
  4. If we get within 3-4 games of the division it likely means that we will definitely be ok with the wildcard and make the playoffs. I'm good with that. Just avoid the epic collapse.
  5. Hitters need to play for the walk. It's the main way we get on base at this point.
  6. Which did not happen. The analytics get to be a bit much at times. Go with the hot hand and adrenaline.
  7. Maybe I saw another miserable ground ball that was going nowhere (there have been so many lately). On the one I saw yesterday against the Brewers I did not see any bobble.
  8. It was a fairly hard hit ball which the first baseman had immediately. Tucker would have looked like a fool running that all the way out and it would have made zero difference. I think the booing was for his overall weak hitting lately. Much ado about nothing.
  9. Look at all those 0's. Tucker is just one part of a massive problem.
  10. If the hitters don't start getting more than 2-3-4 hits a game and 0-1-2-3 runs a game, the pitching is not going to matter.
  11. Agreed. But if this collapse continues and we miss the playoffs, it will be a very ugly (albeit interesting) September and who knows what will come of it. I would expect someone on that team to start popping off and pointing fingers. It has to be very uncomfortable to be in that locker room at the moment.
  12. He has a lot of guaranteed $$$ right? How much would the owners have to eat? The amount is probably too much given he is only in his 2nd year, but it sure seems like we overpaid.
×
×
  • Create New...