Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Rich Hill has a walk and an RBI too Wow, I missed an IsoD Party it seems. :( IsoD party!!!!!!!!! IsoP parties are more fun.
  2. it would be nice if my offense started to produce regularly. are we still the top two scores? Yeah, by about 21 points.
  3. Why should you try to fix it when one of the top pitchers in the league has turned into the team's worst starter? One reason you might want to fix it is that the lower arm angle makes breaking balls break horizontally (staying in the same plane) instead of vertically. Also, it's pretty obvious that Zambrano is walking quite a few more batters than he used to. Maybe you need to work on it Larry. Zambrano has never been a great April pitcher, so it's difficult to differentiate how the angle is affecting him versus what other factors usually contribute to his April woes. I think you're overstating it when you say it's making his breaking balls break on a horizontal plane. It's not like he's dropping 90 degrees down into a sidearmer, and his problem isn't his breaking balls. He throws a sinking fastball that doesn't have the same action, plus he tends to leave more balls up when he drops down. That's the problem. Actually, he had a bad April last season, an ok one in 05 and a great April in 04 and 03.
  4. Man, yesterday was bad. I was up by 50 or so and now I'm down 10. At least I still have 2 starts (Lackey and Sabathia) to 1 (Sowers).
  5. needs to get his act together. He did last time. I must've missed that. :oops: 6+ IP, 3 ER, 3 H, 9 K/2 BB, 1 HR - 2 of the walks and 2 of the runs came in the 7th, the runs scored after he left.
  6. I said the same thing a week or two ago, and CubinNY, who was at the Iowa game that night, replied with this reason why he hasn't been able to make it to the majors: If he's terrible at both the middle IF positions, that would explain why nobody was willing to take a chance on him even with his good bat. I've heard he's decent at 2B, but he's definitely not a SS.
  7. needs to get his act together. He did last time.
  8. And why is that? It's still very early for all three.
  9. Probable Starters: Iowa: LHP Les Walrond (2-2, 3.49 ERA, 28.1 IP) Tennessee: LHP Donnie Veal (0-4, 8.86 ERA, 21.1 IP) Daytona: RHP Todd Blackford (1-0, 5.40 ERA, 20 IP) Peoria: RHP Jose Ceda (2-1, 4.67 ERA, 17.1 IP) Walrond: 28.1 IP, 16 K/5 BB, .275 BAA Veal: 21.1 IP, 22 K/20 BB, .277 BAA Blackford: 20 IP, 12 K/9 BB, .282 BAA Ceda: 17.1 IP, 19 K/7 BB, .161 BAA Here is a transcript of Derek Ingram's interview with Daytona reliever Mike Phelps. And here is a transcript of a Derek Ingram interview of catcher Mark Reed.
  10. Jake Fox: .319/.337/.538/.875. That's an ugly IsoD. Tyler Colvin: .322/.361/.522/.883
  11. Kitt Kopach is out for the year with shoulder surgery.
  12. Actually that is Garrett's son.
  13. Also banned on inbound flights (those returning to STL). AM590 is saying some players are already complaining about these new policies. Whatever. Here's hoping the Cards keep losing. Apparently these players are idiots.
  14. I heard he was working on a few things in his first start (especially slider location) and that partially hurt him in that game. I'm hoping he can hit 5 innings today and not have the command lapses he had at Iowa.
  15. Same way the Lester move makes the Red Sox look smart. :roll:
  16. The Cardinals have banned alcohol from their clubhouse.
  17. Peoria at Ft. Wayne: Camp DH .198 Mota 2B .233 Joseph RF .286 Canzler 1B .244 Castillo, W C .241 Lewis LF .208 Carter CF .225 Lansford 3B .189 Johnston SS .177 Carrillo P 4.02 ERA
  18. PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 What was that, UMF? i think he was saying something about needing to get premium QFT! I have premium, but I don't use it at work for some reason. Haha, I also don't use it at work for some reason.
×
×
  • Create New...