Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. 6th rounder: Kohl Franklin, RHP, Broken Arrow HS (OK) Not ranked by BA or MLB.com Same HS as Arizona's Archie Bradley. Overslot? 6'4" pitcher.
  2. The 7-figure bonus overslots under this regime were Underwood in the 2nd round in 2012; Sands (4th), Steele (5th) and Cease (6th) in 2014; Hudson (3rd) and Wilson (4th) in 2015; and Estrada (6th) in 2017. Hannemann got seven figures as well as a 3rd rounder. 2013 I think? Yes he did. I was trying to limit it to prep guys.
  3. The Tennessee rotation now has four 2016 draft picks (Hatch - 3rd, Robinson - 9th, Rucker - 11th and Swarmer - 19th round). The Myrtle Beach rotation now has three 2017 draft picks (Lange - 1st, Abbott - 2nd and Thompson - 3rd round)
  4. Both Cease and Estrada were 6th-round picks. Maybe this will be the round? D.J. Wilson was 4th round, he's the only other million-dollar superslot I can recall. (Well, obviously Sands and Steele, too...) The 7-figure bonus overslots under this regime were Underwood in the 2nd round in 2012; Sands (4th), Steele (5th) and Cease (6th) in 2014; Hudson (3rd) and Wilson (4th) in 2015; and Estrada (6th) in 2017.
  5. Trevor Clifton and Dakota Mekkes to AAA Matt Swarmer and Jordan Minch to AA Cory Abbott to A+
  6. https://twitter.com/thearmstreet/status/1003692493593071616?s=21
  7. Three picks after Weber, the Nationals take Gage Canning, the ASU outfielder who was consistently tied to the Cubs.
  8. 5th round: Andy Weber, 2B, Virginia Not ranked by MLB.com or BA. I'm sure toonster knows a little about him.
  9. Nick Dunn is such a Cardinals draft pick. I'd say he'd be their starting second baseman by 2021 if I wasn't so sure Max Schrock was going to be their starting second baseman by next year.
  10. As if to show wide ranging the rankings can be even in the media, the Braves drafted a JuCo pitcher who ranked 80th in BA's top 500 list but wasn't even in MLB.com's top 200.
  11. Hey weis21, your guy Dwanya Williams-Sutton was drafted by the Padres in the 5th round.
  12. He appears to be a multi-inning reliever, 26 appearances, 1 game started, 71 IP. A good one too, 61 H, 2.41 ERA, 96/20 K/BB, 4 HR Tennessee Tech is in a super regional this weekend. He actually started their Regional clinching game against Ole Miss. Went 7.2 innings.
  13. 4th rounder: Ethan Roberts, RHP, Tennessee Tech Not ranked by BA or MLB.com
  14. There goes Siani, another prep prospect who was thought to be a super tough sign. And there goes Tristan Beck, who seemed like a Cubs type of college pitching prospect.
  15. If this was in response to a third round pick, I’m confused. He seems safe with a successful wood bat pedigree.
  16. I didn't think OF was that bad a position in the org. Obviously some of it is how the draft shakes out, but it's interesting.
  17. Cubs 3rd round pick: Jimmy Herron, OF, Duke BA rank - 165 Not ranked in the MLB.com top 200:
  18. There goes Kloffenstein, who was thought to be unsignable. Also some big name college players so far - Wong, Killane, Knight and Pompey.
  19. The kids choice or the team's willingness to play along? The team’s willingness, with a top ten overall pick.
  20. A guy that's like a 1.5fWAR player outside of Coors? Listen, I invented hating DJ Lemahieu, I don’t really want to get into the hangover effect because we’re making crude comparisons and not pinpointing exact outcome. I don’t think Hoerner is going to win a batting title even if he gets traded to Colorado and I’m clearly talking about the profile independent of park/league factors that might influence it. As a prospect, I thought of a better defensive version (ie possibly still a SS) of Scott Kingery.
  21. Cory Hahn? I believe the Diamondbacks drafted him, he was an ASU kid.
  22. That should allow one overslot arm, around $1 million in bonus. Maybe Slade Cecconi or Brett Hansen on the high end but it will more likely be a guy ranked by most publications in the 101-200 range, like Jeremiah Estrada last year. Champlain is interesting and I liked Owen Sharts for the name alone.
×
×
  • Create New...