Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. I’d trade him for the right package. He’s not the best or second best player on a championship team and with his age he doesn’t fit whenever the next peak/core is for this team. I disagree and think he could be the second best player on a championship team. He’s playing so well lately, just surrounded by absolute bums. I mean Garrett Temple and Denzel Valentine are getting big minutes. Coby White is statistically one of the worst players in the league. The second best uninjured player on the team right now might be a 19 year old rookie. I get that 25 year old Zach Lavine may be too old/expensive by the time we get this figured out. But with the way the lottery is now, I don’t want to take a shot unless I’m guaranteed a top 3 pick in 21. If Lauri is out for an extended period of time, we MIGHT be bad enough to luck our way into a top pick, while keeping Zach. That would be ideal. I like the top 5 or 6 guys, tbh. Of course Suggs is the dream with the makeup of this team.
  2. Just don't trade high round future draft picks and then have a situation like this year's Texans' #3 overall pick.
  3. https://twitter.com/suuuhdudeee/status/1357783097501126656?s=21
  4. I don't like the idea of a bigger offer than expected for an expensive QB with cratered value.
  5. It's got to be the Colts or the Bears, right? They're the only teams needing QBs with major coaching ties to the Eagles. I don't mind Wentz if he's inexpensive but hard pass if he's going to cost a first rounder.
  6. Gonna be? We've already seen a Superbowl QB, who won a playoff game last month get traded for a QB with 0 playoff wins and that team give up 2 first round picks to get rid of that guy. The only way to "win" in this market is to get the best prize or get the best value. i understand what you were trying to do here and why you were trying to do it, but if goff is a "superbowl qb" then the term carries no weight. we don't need to call every guy who has played in a superbowl a superbowl QB. or we can, but then the term is meaningless/useless. either way is ok. that sentence just characterizes them in a way that misleads about the fact that stafford is a clear upgrade over west coast mitch. I thought we agreed Goff is Rich Mitch.
  7. Yeah, if you're going to overpay (outside of Watson or Prescott), I'd rather trade up for one of the top 4 QBs in the draft.
  8. Assuming Pace's job is on the line, I think Robinson will be back (franchised if necessary).
  9. Marquee’s top 20 Cubs prospects: https://www.marqueesportsnetwork.com/top-20-cubs-prospects-2021-preseason/
  10. Looking forward to Watson losing the camp battle to Foles this summer while Pace is on the hot seat.
  11. And that's with Hearn and Gallardo not making their top 30 and Hernández missing the list due to timing.
  12. Hey, I went to college with the new Bears RB coach.
  13. BA released their full top 30 Cubs list today, which rolls in the prospects from the Yu Darvish trade. 1. Brailyn Márquez 2. Brennen Davis 3. Miguel Amaya 4. Ed Howard 5. Adbert Alzolay 6. Kohl Franklin 7. Ryan Jensen 8. Christopher Morel 9. Chase Strumpf 10. Reggie Preciado 11. Riley Thompson 12. Cory Abbott 13. Burl Carraway 14. Cole Roederer 15. Ismael Mena 16. Yeison Santana 17. Luis Verdugo 18. Chris Clarke 19. Michael McAvene 20. Kevin Made 21. Owen Caissie 22. Justin Steele 23. Alfonso Rivas 24. Jordan Nwogu 25. Yohendrick Piñango 26. Tyson Miller 27. Keegan Thompson 28. Ronnier Quintero 29. Jack Patterson 30. Manuel Rodríguez These write-ups went to publishing before Jan 15th so no IFAs such as Cristian Hernández were eligible.
  14. I'm guessing he wanted to be paid in something other than Stanley Nickels.
  15. Amaya made the Next 10. If we assume the list is in order, Amaya would rank 106th.
  16. Do it Bears. Although I think Watson ends up in San Fran. SF doesn't seem like the franchise that will stomach an offer like it will take. And like the Bears don't have a top 10 pick. They've apparently said they're sticking with Garopollo. Jets/Miami are still best positioned for Watson, IMO. If Carolina was willing to give up pick #8 for Stafford like reported, they're probably willing to pay the steep price for Watson.
  17. My goodness. Carolina offered the 8th overall pick and the Lions turned them down.
  18. Some new names on MLB.com's Transaction List: RHP Adrian Martínez LHP Zhiorman Imbriano, Venezuela RHP David Olivo
  19. Can’t be shocked when Lillard does that all the time and yet I am...
  20. Kershaw and Stafford in the same town:
×
×
  • Create New...