DJ Herz is the only Cub in their Low-A East top 10 prospects, coming in at 10: https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2021-low-a-east-top-10-prospects/
Scheduled Games (All Times Central): Iowa vs. Omaha, 6:38 p.m. DSL Cubs Blue at DSL Red Sox Blue, 9:30 a.m. DSL Cubs Red vs. DSL Cardinals Red, 9:30 a.m. Iowa: RHP Matt Swarmer
BA's Top 10 ACL Prospects is 30% Cubs: https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2021-arizona-complex-league-top-10-prospects/ No pitchers made their top 10. It's disappointing they're reducing this piece from Top 20s to Top 10s because I'd guess Reggie Preciado would've made the top 20.
Scheduled Games (All Times Central): Iowa vs. Omaha, 12:08 p.m. DSL Cubs Blue at DSL Red Sox Blue, 9:30 a.m. DSL Cubs Red vs. DSL Cardinals Red, 9:30 a.m. Iowa: RHP Cory Abbott
Scheduled Games (All Times Central): DSL Cubs Blue vs. DSL Rays 2 (resumption of game suspended on 8/9), 9:30 a.m. DSL Cubs Blue vs. DSL Rays 2 (game two), TBD DSL Cubs Red at DSL Phillies White, 9:30 a.m. Iowa has the day off
Here I’ll say it…he doesn’t look good. Totally overwhelmed It’s wild that other coaches can put their young QBs in better positions to succeed and the Bears are out here imitating the Jets.
Today at Instructs: https://www.thecubreporter.com/09252021/pitchers-whitewash-cubs-fitch-park Triantos went 1/3 with a double while playing error-free ball at second base
Scheduled Games (All Times Central): Iowa at St. Paul, 7:05 p.m. DSL Cubs Blue vs. DSL Indians Red, 9:30 a.m. DSL Cubs Red at DSL Mets 2, 9:30 a.m. Iowa: RHP Joe Biagini
Pinango's tough. I'm generally one to pound the table for guys who succeed at a good age relative to their league, but his defensive ceiling is probably as an adequate corner outfielder and he hits WAY too much on the ground to get to any of his power. He's probably something like Maikel Franco but has enough shot at being Yordan Alvarez that I'm certainly watching him closely. I have him at #23 on the list I'm working on, but think you could argue him like 10 spots higher if you wanted. I have Piñango in the teens because of the ARL. I'm not as concerned about the groundball/power because I think the organization will continue to work on his swing and valued him enough to promote him to high-A at 19.