Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,081
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Cotts certainly tried as hard as he could to make it interesting. 1/3 of an inning 4 hits 3 runs all earned and a walk. That's to bad considering the spring he had going.
  2. 20 runs with only two home runs, one of those being a solo shot. Save some for the season boys.
  3. Wasnt he a 2B with us? When did Adam Loewen stop pitching? If I remember correctly he gave it up last year because of stress on his arm that kept causing injuries. Rather than cut him the Orioles thought they would go the Ankiel route. Since he was out of options and the O's obviously couldn't keep him on the roster they released him with the intentions of picking him back up and putting him in the minors. Instead Loewen signed with the Jays and many people on OH were pissed.
  4. Per ESPN, Pudge has signed with the Astros for 1year/1.5million+incentives.
  5. I am very excited about what Schlitter, Ascanio and Patton could become for the Cubs.
  6. I blame Lou for talking up Patton earlier in the game. I wonder how he feels about him now.
  7. I know it's spring training and this game means nothing, but losing to the White Sox is extremely irritating.
  8. Well I guess other than that hanger Angel looked pretty good.
  9. Shouldn't that have been interference? The batter just stood in Wellington's way.
  10. I've missed those unbelievably obscure stats over these winter months.
  11. I'm loving Theriot so far, he's driving it to all fields.
  12. The cameramen are a bit rusty. The ball didn't even make it half way out of the infield and they were showing the lights in right field.
  13. Aram hitting them in all the right places. A good start to this inning.
  14. Since when can Hart hit 98 on the gun? I have to assume this gun is hot.
  15. I had just finished telling my friend how awful Taguchi is and then he drives in two; sometimes I think the world is out to get me.
  16. I'm surprised Marwin Gonzalez or Searle aren't in our top 30. To a lesser extent I would have thought Nate Spears or Papelbon might have snuck in.
  17. And the best part, seeing as the Rangers already got our 1st rder (please correct if I am wrong), so all that it would cost the Cubs at worst, a 2nd rd draft pick. I am kinda of torned on which pitcher the Cubs should target. Personally the price for Peavy in terms of prospects (remember the Cubs would be giving up ONLY two of their own prospect Vitters and Castillo)---according to Levine---isn't too much. In fact that "The Levine Idea" is a similar package to what Milwaukee gave Cleveland for CC. One blue chip prospects plus 3-4 players based on potential, and that deal was for a half season of CC. A similar package for a Top 10 pitcher under control for the next 4 ys, is prolly a good deal for the Cubs, considering in the next two yrs both Lilly and Harden contracts will be up. With that said, I won't be heartbroken if the Cubs "settle" on a Milton Bradleyesque contract with Ben Sheets that is a 2 yr deal worth 20-25 mill plus a option with health clause built into the deal. If I remember correctly Milton was a type B. So the Rangers get a sandwich pick and the Cubs don't lose anything.
  18. I would love to add a young pitcher with upside. The Cubs could throw him in the 5 spot where the expectations aren't high and he could mature for 2010 when Harden is gone.
  19. Really surprising to see the A's so active this offseason. I really hope they give the Angels some competition this year.
  20. At this point I think any pitcher we add is via trade. More than likely it's going to either be an inning eating journeyman or young high upside pitcher for the future. The kind of guys we can hide in the 5 spot. I really doubt we go for anyone that's expensive unless they're truly elite like Peavy.
  21. I know it's most likely a pipe dream, but what kind of package would it take to pull Volstad away from the Marlins? With Harden more than likely leaving after the year and my preference for Marshall as a bullpen arm, I'd love to have him this year and the next few.
  22. I agree. It seems he caught the Texas lightning in a bottle. He'll be fairly productive when he's healthy, but probably not nearly as good as he was last year. Anyone else sick to their stomachs knowing that we now have approximately $70 million tied up in Fukudome & Bradley for the next 3 years? Due to contracts, our offense will remain nearly exactly the same for the next 3 years. It better be good again. I'm not too concerned about it. I really believe Fukudome can turn in a much better season this time around. If he flops again this year, I'll be concerned.
  23. I think we're a good loogy, right handed bench power and experienced fifth starter away from being done for the year. I know Marshall could be the fifth, but I really like what he provides out of the pen. Overall I like the deal and as much as I really loved Dero I think we can get similar production out of the Fontenot/Miles platoon.
  24. I'd bet that with insight like your's, you can't see beyond the end of your nose! DeRosa, barring injury, would have had GREATLY diminished PT and would have been UNHAPPY if he stayed. The Cubs are going to balance the lineup with more lefty hitting, PERIOD! Hendry has BIG IDEAS, but is at least temporarily, restricted to a $145M budget, and he wants to save $5-7M of that for July, in case he needs it. So of course he is going to "dump" salaries where he can get the same or better for less. So far he has done a GREAT job of moving the money around, to get what he wants. Miles is NO downgrade! His only negative in comparison with DeRosa is power. They are the same type player and personalities, Miles hits a little better for average, and would be more effective in the 1, 2 or 8 spots in the lineup, is a SWITCH hitter and plugs the same holes for less money, which means Hendry has about $3.3M more to use in trying to fulfill those BIG ideas! This is going to get really ugly.
×
×
  • Create New...