Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,108
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Right around the time we heard DeVoss was signing or had signed and it hadn't been reported yet, there was a blurb(can't remember from who) that said Baez was expected in shortly or something to that affect. It's pretty easy to get excited with all this stuff going on right now. I just want to see Maples here. Getting him AND Dunston would be phenomenal. Craig, I think I'm going to disagree with you on how much of an overslot I expect Dunston to be. I think he'll get a mill personally. (not saying I see him being worth THAT much either) But, he does have some very nice upside and whatever amount we can get him to agree to, I'm going to be happy about it, since it's a change of philosophy, at the very least. Landing Vogelbach, Maples and Dunston was the dream from the get go. Now that we know Gretzky has signed as well, this has a chance to be a great draft. I would like to hear some news on Zych and Scott relatively soon too.
  2. So when Sori "hustles" and separates his shoulder diving, thus turning Campana into the everyday LFer, we can take comfort in knowing that Sori was giving it 100%.
  3. Anyone find it strange that we've heard rumors and seen write ups involving the Cubs and just about every single super slot player, but there hasn't been a single thing about Baez? I thought he'd sign pretty quickly since he didn't seem like he would get much if any over slot. I thought Maples, Dunston, Vogelbach etc would be last minute types of deals and it seems to be the opposite.
  4. Clearly Castro should return the favor and call out Quade's nightly mistake(s). I suspect we'd hear a lot more from Castro then we would from Quade.
  5. Easterling and DJ are about the only ones who did anything tonight. A pretty depressing night for the farm.
  6. You don't like discussion of what Cubs players have done in their minor league career in the minor league forum? I have no problem with discussion and I rather enjoy a well supported discussion. I have a problem with being overly dramatic and pessimistic while spouting hearsay with no factual information to back it up. If I wanted that I'd go over to Cubs.com.
  7. When did this [expletive] start leaking into the minor league forums? I much preferred when it stayed on the Cubs general forums.
  8. Yup, I'm finally on the side that says get rid of the 7th inning guest. At least only do it when it's a worthwhile guest.
  9. no. it's stupid that it even gets brought up. if you're going to hand-wring about josh hamilton not being kept by the cubs in the rule 5 draft then you mineaswell just bitch about every awesome player that we passed on in the amateur draft and international free agency. Didnt we have a glut of (probably mediocre) OFers at the time, too? Was that "mineaswell" sarcastic? It doesn't even matter. The guy was 25, out of baseball for 3 years, and not playing all that well in A ball, albeit in a small sample. Do you realize how small the odds were that he'd be able to hit major league pitching and stick on the 25 man roster all year?
  10. I want to sleep, but I have to see how this ends.
  11. The Padres really only have 3 trade chips(Bell, Adams,Ludwick). With as much help as they need, I'm not sure they move 2 of them for a single player even if he has the upside that Rasmus does.
  12. Finally a day on the farm that I makes me tingly inside.
  13. Shoulders is kidding himself if he thinks he's getting anywhere near that kind of money. Also, I don't really see intrigue with Gretzky, at least not for the type of money he'd likely require.
  14. Hopefully he'll get the same treatment as my friend in high school. What ended up tattooed on his arm and what he wanted were two very different things.
  15. I see, you ask the question and then answer it in the affirmative without anyone having a chance to say no. I'll have to adopt this tactic more often. That wont hold up in court, especially when the poor girls in tears. Suddenly this thread has gone to a very dark place.
  16. I don't give a flying [expletive] what a player's history is. If they come in and completely [expletive] up then that's when people SHOULD boo. Booing a player regardless of history is the definition of being a meat head. If Aramis came into tonight and left 8 men on base with 3 strike outs should he get booed despite absolutely destroying the ball the last month? If Marmol got hit around he wouldn't have been booed near as bad. When you walk 4 of the 5 batters you face, that's when people get pissed off.
  17. Todd Hundley disagrees with the premise that white players don't get booed.
  18. Any chance Wood or Marshall takes over temporarily?
  19. Where are you coming up with that? I'm showing you statistical evidence to argue my point, you're giving me a mantra. Organization wide, the Cubs are one of the least patient teams in MLB. The Red Sox are among the most patient. Part of this has to do with the kind of players the Red Sox target in the draft and internationally, and part of it has to do with player development, which, um, includes the kind of coaches that are hired to teach the kids how to play. Am I really saying something controversial here? Are you a hitting coach? You're from the south side. Ever heard of Charlie Lau? Read up on him, then tell me your "Do as I say, not as I do" mantra again. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charley_Lau So by your standards then it's best to just go out and find the best pro player you can get to coach? You must have been devastated when Sandberg left and Quade got the job.
  20. Teheran down to number 12. Apparently that sub 2 era in AAA has turned them off. Miller and Moore are the only pitchers who I can even fathom being ahead of Teheran.
  21. I prefer my players genuinely crazy like Turk Wendell.
  22. To be honest I thought Koyie Hill would make it. If we were talking single season I would have nominated Aaron Miles as well.
×
×
  • Create New...