Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Brian707

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    7,585
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Brian707

  1. The Broncos HC is horrible, how is he not fired yet? Near the end of regulation, you have the ball inside the 20, just the two minute warning left and the Colts have no timeouts. How do you decide to throw it in the endzone already up by 3? Colts aren't exactly the 99 Rams here. Then in OT, run the damn ball on 4th and 1, 3 minutes left if you get the first down and you have 1st and goal to win the game. He makes Nagy look like Bill Walsh.
  2. Ha some guy I think at Borgata bet No TD scored in game at 100-1, he bet 1K. Maybe this was him lol
  3. Vikings 24- Bears 17 Spread seems about right. Divisional games in the NFL usually are close(excluding Bears-Packers) home field is only worth about 1.5 points nowadays.
  4. "Guess what happened to an idiot who ran on a football field" [tweet] [/tweet]
  5. I bet Sea +4 I bet under 47 in the Tampa game lol Probably a square play but I like the Rams tonight. Wonder who Clay Travis likes? Hope he picks NFL games too
  6. The Bears QB situation is very similar to the 108 year WS drought situation with the Cubs. Who is the Theo of the NFL?
  7. Bad coaching, talent around him or not, Fields has actually regressed. I'm not throwing in the towel yet, but maybe they Rosen him going into next year's draft depending on their draft position. With this schedule 7 or 8 wins is possible unfortunately
  8. Would be nice if Velus Jones plays
  9. Taking Cincy -3 tonight vs Miami. Got the line on Monday, its now -3.5 or 4. I don't buy into the Miami hype, plus their defense seemed like it was on the filed the whole game vs Buffalo.
  10. I could see Jerry going with someone like AJ Pierzynski
  11. Exactly, and it looks like now that sports gambling outside of Nevada has been legal for several states for a few years, books are losing money because of too much spending on advertising and promotions. Fanduel has the largest market share, followed by Draftkings and BetMGM https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/09/27/caesars-fanduel-draftkings-commercials/
  12. With the Giants and Commanders on deck, its possible this team will be 4-1.
  13. I had a good day in NFL, got the Colts at +7 early on Tuesday it closed at +4.5. Didn't matter, as the Colts won outright. Waited to bet 49ers on ML when if I bet it earlier in the week it was +1.5 and I would have won the bet. College Football I have been lighting my money on fire every week. Thanks Michigan
  14. Sox have to be the most disappointing team of 2022 and playing in a trash division lol
  15. Not that QB rating is super accurate but I can think of multiple games off the top of my head that were worse. 2006 at home vs Vikings. I believe his qb rating was 3. Also 2006 at home vs Packers. It was 0.0 in that game. The “horsefeathers it I’m throwing it downfield game” against the Patriots was really bad too Edit: just looked up those specific games MIN - 6/19 for 34 passing yards, 0 TD, 3 INT GB - 2/12 for 33 passing yards, 0 TD, 3 INT (only played the first half) NE - 15/34 for 176 passing yards, 0 TD, 3 INT Heck the famous MNF game against Arizona he was 14/37 for 144 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT 2007 vs Dallas - 15/32 195 yards 0 TD, 3 INT What about Cutler? 2009 vs BAL: 10/27 for 94 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT 2010 vs NE: 12/26 for 154 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT 2011 vs CAR: 9/17 for 102 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT 2012 vs GB: 11/27 for 126 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT I thought the question was a joke. Grossman literally had 5 games worse than Fields' today in a 13-3, Superbowl season. Grossman also had a very good O Line, decent WR, decent TE plus a championship caliber defense, and the greatest KR/PR in history to mask his terrible play a bit. Not giving Fields a pass, before the season I thought it was 50/50 he would be a bust, now I am thinking its more like 80/20
  16. Yeah that had to suck.
  17. Was that the Mark Hatley era?
  18. This is the exact type of game the Bears usually find a way to scratch out, but man oh man would I be nervous picking this Bears offense at this point in time. If you feel you have to use the Bears, then this is the game to use them. Their easiest games after this are on the road (NYG, ATL, NYJ). Easiest remaining home game is either Washington or Detroit. Washington is on a short week and Detroit looks frisky. I think Detroit makes the playoffs this year.
  19. Reddit used to have a NFL Streams page but it looks like it was shut down last year. Looks like it has moved to Telegram? Might want to check there. BWW would be a good option, not sure what time they would open for a 10AM kickoff
  20. That's who I wanted the Bears to get. The Giants might get to 3-0 but I would be very surprised if they end up with a winning season.
  21. 1995 was probably the only year the Bears had a top 5 offense? But the d sucked. 2006 was fun and you can never have a better start to a SB then Hester running it back. Also, the Arizona comeback from 23-0 down. The SF game I attended and I believe the Bears lead 44-0 at halftime. Went to both playoff wins, Reggie Bush doing that stupid flip in the endzone before halftime to get within one score, then the Bears dismantled them afterwards. Will Smith's "Going to Miami" playing in the stadium after they advanced to the SB, the snow falling.
  22. i feel for those who never got to watch the Bears in the 1980's. If I had to rely on 1994+ as a basis for my fandom, I'd hate myself. the 80's had some awesome Bears teams, and it was still legal to horsecoller, and generally destroy opposing QB's. it was wonderful and the Bears were good at it The first season I can remember following was 1985, I thought I was so lucky to be a fan compared to some of my friends who liked the Cowboys or the lowly Packers.
  23. Why on earth would the Bears bring in Semian? They aren't a playoff team trying to salvage the season. The only way he plays is if Fields gets injured
  24. Check out a high school football game, that is what the run/pass blocking difference reminds me of.
×
×
  • Create New...