Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. viewtopic.php?t=34082 http://www.northsidebaseball.com/PremiumForum/viewtopic.php?t=34082
  2. Ooo, the Mets playing the Mets. :P
  3. More like an A's fan moving to LA. Yes. An A's fan 10 miles away in San Fran? Not a big deal; I have friends from SF who are A's fans and friends from the East Bay who are Giants fans. Obviously there are going to be people that like both the A's and the Giants just like there are people who like both Chicago teams and both New York teams. But I know way more A's or Giants fans that don't really like the other team or just downright hate the other team. I know way more A's fans that would pull for the Dodgers over the Giants than the other way around. Oh yeah, my friends like one of the Bay area teams but don't like the other. My point is that the two cities/teams are too close for there to be a similar comparison as a KCer moving to St Louis or an Oaklander moving to LA.
  4. Probably right. What else could we add? Think aloud, please. Walker? They've got Ramon Martinez playing 2B with Kent on the DL. Ohman? Beimel is the only lefty in their pen with Perez out the door. Nevin? As insurance on Nomar and a RH power bat for the bench. I'm going to pretend that I did not just look up to see how Ramon has been doing this year and see a 377 OBP. Dude sometimes hits cleanup. In games the Dodgers win by double digits.
  5. Probably right. What else could we add? Think aloud, please. They shown interest in Dempster, Eyre and Howry.
  6. More like an A's fan moving to LA. Yes. An A's fan 10 miles away in San Fran? Not a big deal; I have friends from SF who are A's fans and friends from the East Bay who are Giants fans.
  7. DLee, Barret and Jones all hustle like crazy out there, and I barely want to watch this team. Raisin hit the nail on the head. Actually, I agree whole-heartedly with Tim. The manager/management lets him get away with not hustling. As has already been said, Bobby Cox wouldn't let ARam get away with his lack of hustle. He'd call him out for it. Raisin's and Tim's comments aren't at odds with each other. Yeah. I agree with what Tim said.
  8. Apparently someone has a lot of free time to surf BabelFish at work. :P EDIT: And has this thread changed directions since the original post.
  9. He's got three pitches. Fastball, Curve, and Change. But only one of those pitches are above average and that's his Curve. He's got Lefty Specialist written all over him, but you never know... I wouldn't call his changeup "developed." Or maybe it is and its just awful. I thought I read somewhere that he's been using the Change since he got sent down earlier in the year. Maybe not? Yes, he has.
  10. Oh good, not only has Santo struggled, but he has a questionable work ethic.
  11. If you scroll down a bit on that blog, you'll find a link to Boise pitcher Allesandro Maestri's blog. It looks like it's direct to Italian nationals who are still learning how baseball is played or how it's played in America.
  12. Dodger Stadium isn't that old...it's not even 50 years old. And I love the location...just northeast of downtown so it's close to a bunch of freeways (2, 5, 101, 110) and it's only 15 minutes away for me. :) The problem is, you're coming from Malibu...limited freeway access. Ethier is awesome, would love to see the Cubs get him somehow in a Maddux trade. Give them one of the relievers.
  13. Standings: PCL American North Nashville 56-47 .544 - Iowa 53-49 .520 2.5 SL North Chatanooga* 18-13 .581 - Tennessee 17-14 .548 1.0 West Tenn 16-13 .516 2.0 FSL East Daytona 20-9 .690 - St. Lucie* 17-13 .567 3.5 MWL North Kane County^ 20-11 .645 - Quad Cities 18-12 .600 1.5 Beloit 17-14 .548 3.0 Peoria* 16-15 .516 4.0 NWL East Boise 20-15 .571 - Tri-City 17-18 .486 3.0 *First-half division winner. ^First-half wild-card winner.
  14. I hope the West Tennessee Healthcare Center Sportsplex can help the Jaxx sagging attendance figures, very interesting.
  15. I believe that's the second time Donnie has won the award during his short stay in the FSL.
  16. Probable Starters: Iowa: LHP Ryan O'Malley (5-6, 4.05 ERA, 97.2 IP, 63/21, 1.36 WHIP) @ LHP Mike Bacsik (9-0, 2.21 ERA) West Tenn: LHP Chris Shaver (5-6, 2.51 ERA, 104 IP, 93/40, 1.26 WHIP; overall: 5-6, 2.31 ERA, 112.2 IP) Daytona: LHP Donnie Veal (3-1, 1.03 ERA, 35 IP, 32/20, 1.11 WHIP; overall: 8-4, 2.15 ERA, 108.2 IP) Peoria: LHP Jesus Yepez (4-5, 3.27 ERA, 99 IP, 50/49, 1.39 WHIP) @ RHP Burke Badenhop (9-2) Boise: RHP Mike Billek 1-1, 7.20 ERA, 25 IP, 11/7, 1.76 WHIP: overall: 5-7, 6.89 ERA, 78.1 IP)
  17. It is true. Of course, it seems like whomever pitches against the Cubs throws a heck of a game.
  18. that doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. I agree. But Aramis is one of the few competent guys on offense and folks want to run him out of town for not hustling.
  19. Anyone else smell another deal for a 27 year old A pitcher with a 6.48 career ERA? "But he was the 74th best Padres prospect in 2000" He's worth more than Williamson. That said, I like L.A.'s prospects better. The problem is, the Dodgers like their prospects more than Maddux too...
  20. Pina has really struggled the last two starts...after starting the season strong in his first five starts. Season: 32.2 IP, 1-3, 5.79 ERA, 1.38 WHIP, .252 BAA, 14 Ks, 12 BBs, 5 HRs First 5 starts: 25.2 IP, 1-1, 2.10 ERA, 0.93 WHIP, .198 BAA, 10 Ks, 5 BBs, HR Last 2 starts: 7 IP, 0-2, 19.28 ERA, 3.00 WHIP, .400 BAA, 4 Ks, 7 BBs, 4 HRs
  21. Thanks Fred. I know you don't hear it enough, so I'll say it again,your play-by-play and stats are appreciated and really add to the game (sometimes the only enjoyment one can get). Thanx for those kind words. I'd be doing pbp tonight except for the fact that I'm sitting in the truck at a loading dock in Elgin. Hopefully.... I'll be out of here shortly. Wow, that's dedication.
×
×
  • Create New...