Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,645
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. What the heck...Tom Gugliota is still in the NBA?
  2. Nocioni took a shot to the jaw and is out for now.
  3. Yeah, that was an awful bailout call against Hinrich. Nice dunk to end the quarter by Noc.
  4. It wasn't THAT bad - they were in the game but losing most of the time and did hold the lead at times in the first half. That was before their 5-game win streak (the first one :D).
  5. Yay, Bulls!! Hinrich won't make it to the All Star game, sorry folks. :(
  6. If they got an Atlantic division team I would be shocked if they didn't win. It's all about that 6th seed, baby...and they're 0.5 game behind Orlando for it!!
  7. And starting 0-9 too, I presume? ;) Good to see the Bulls win while I'm not following them. :D That's four in a row, 11 out of their last 12!
  8. It happens at about the same time they go over .500. :D
  9. 20-19...tied with Indiana! \:D/
  10. It's 73-42 now. :shock:
  11. The Bulls outscore the Hawks in the second quarter 35-12 to open up a 58-36 halftime lead. :shock:
  12. Bulls lead the Hawks in Atlanta, 27-24 with 10:10 to go in the second quarter. GO BULLS!
  13. From what I can see, Marshall has the potential to become a solid #3 even on a strong pitching staff, the kind of guy who'd be a #2 on most teams. Pinto's at least a #4/#3, maybe he has a straight #3 in him. That's why I think it's so interesting that MacPhail rates Pinto higher: he sees something there I don't. I would love to know what it is. Thanks Mark, that's very interesting! And again, hearty thanks to everyone who went to the convention and posted all those notes, pictures and audio! =D>
  14. Thanks for the report and welcome to NSBB, Cubman15! I think the mods might move this thread to the Events forum where others have already posted their experiences at the convention. You should check out the link Willis posted. The guy with the notebook (my guess is JonMDavis too) posted his notes in the Convention thread already.
  15. That's good to hear. I'm a traditionalist and if a fellow traditionalist likes the remodeling plans, I'd be pleased.
  16. Wow, that's awesome, burnt.
  17. It's good to see Marshall's injuries won't have a big effect on him. Also, I'd have to note I'm worried about Pinto have some arm injury problems after pitching so much during the summer and winter. What do you see as the ceilings for Marshall and Pinto? I agree with you; guys like Rusch will definitely get the preference. I'm just rooting for Sergio, I've been a big fan of his ever since I met him in San Diego last season. Thanks for answering my questions, Mark. I might have had a part in it - I told UMF over AIM to keep me in suspense until Jon tells me. Thanks for the full report, UMF.
  18. He isn't quick enough to cover most of the quicker 3s and can't cover the 2, can he be? Possibly, but the Bulls still need depth at the 3, and I would rather see that player be able to defend or hit the jumper, drafting a 3 doesn't equate to benching Deng or calling him a bust. i doubt the bulls take a 2 or 3 with this theoretical pick, they did that with their first 2 last year. any playing time that a player like carney takes away from deng is impeding the development of a future all-star. i just really doubt that paxson goes that way again, especially as successful as last year's draft is turning out to be. btw- if we draft a 3 with the pick, i'd rather have fransisco garcia. defense really isn't our problem anyways. if anything, i think we take a chance up front with a guy like simien or lorbek. if we go backcourt, i wouldn't mind luther or salim, guys who can fill it up from the outside. I'm with raw and UK on drafting the bigger 2s and 3s. Our rotation in the backcourt are three 6'3" guys or shorter. This is a major liability against the Rips, Pierces and Kobes of the world - they have torched the Bulls this year. And it'd be nice to get a lockdown 3 sorta guy since the Bulls are in the same division as the Cleveland Cavaliers. In the NBA especially (well, the MLB too, but that's for different reasons), you HAVE to draft BPA. I also would take Carney over Garcia any day of the week. Imo, we don't need a better backcourt player than Duhon - Duhon is a role player who's minutes will drop to about 20 when Gordon is ready to start everyday and play longer. Oh, and no Luther Head plz. The Bulls have one Illini already, that's enough. :P
  19. The Playoff Standings The Bulls are a half game behind the Indiana Pacers for the 7th seed in the East and 3rd place in the Central. They're 3 games behind the Pistons.
  20. doesn't have the ring to it that no tippin pippen does. Which is why I think it's funny. 8-[ Ok guys, but the problem is that nickname still has Gordon in it. We are trying to get away from that so I can stop with the misspelling of it :lol: Just call him "Number 7." :P
  21. doesn't have the ring to it that no tippin pippen does. Which is why I think it's funny. 8-[
  22. Rightly so, though: no pitcher in the system has been treated with greater care than Guzman, yet he's broken down every season but one (and that was a short season). There's no reason to expect he'll ever stay healthy long enough to compile an impressive career: the #1 predictor of future injury for a baseball player, particularly a pitcher, is past injury. I still list Guzman in my Cubs Top Ten (but not Top Five) prospects, but that's perhaps an indictment of my rating system and the current state of the system rather than a meaningful endorsement of Guzman. I was quite surprised to hear MacPhail tout Pinto over Sean Marshall -- and I say this as someone with a slight acquaintance with and a healthy respect for Pinto. But Mitre's appearance didn't surprise me at all. Interestingly, MacPhail described Sergio's sinker as "double-plus". What a far cry from the kid who couldn't throw any kind of breaking pitch when he was with the Lugnuts only 3 years ago. Thanks, Mark. I guess I have been a bit too optimistic about Guzman's health improving. It's a shame that someone so talented has had so many injury problems. Is there a chance a shift to the bullpen (as Tim suggested last summer) would help alleviate some of the injury risks? Would you rate Marshall ahead of Pinto? I think a bit more highly of Pinto since he achieved success at a higher level and hasn't had the injury problems Sean Marshall has experienced this past season. Of course Pinto has to improve his control; Sean's got an obvious advantage over Renyel there. I'd love to see Sergio win the fifth starter spot this upcoming season.
  23. I think they should get someone at the 3, someone who lock down the opposing 2/3 or someone who can extend the defense with a solid outside jumper. The Bulls can be easily exposed by a solid 2/3, Pierce and Rip can score on anyone on a given night, but the Bulls have troubles vs. most. I agree completely. Of course the other key tto the offseason is re-signing restricted free agents Chandler and Curry.
  24. The Bulls schedule this week: Monday: at Atlanta (Comcast) Tuesday: Denver at the UC (WCIU) Thursday: Charlotte at the UC (WGN - Chicagoland only) Saturday: Boston (revenge :twisted: ) at the UC (WGN Superstation \:D/ ) http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/DTP10801230402.jpeghttp://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/DTP10201230203.jpeg http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/DTP10501230324.jpeg
×
×
  • Create New...