Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Brian707

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    7,583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Brian707

  1. Got tickets to the only 5pm Sunday start of the season (January 18 vs. the Stars). Sounded like a great idea for bringing very young kids that go to bed around 8, but just realized that could conflict with a possible 2pm NFC championship game for the Bears. Wonder if that actually happened if they would move the Hawks game back an hour or so? I hope this is something I have to worry about. That happened in 2011 when Bears played GB at 2pm. Hawks were supposed to play Philadelphia at 2pm, so they moved the game to 1130am.
  2. For me, its not something I grew up watching. I never understood it. Probably why most Americans dislike soccer too. I love hockey, I grew up with it, but can understand why someone doesn't like hockey if they never followed. I grew up watching the NBA, I used to love it, and I feel that it is now a garbage league, that caters to mostly a casual sport fan, because there is not much to the NBA game anymore.
  3. I agree, it will be very tough to establish intent, considering he ran towards Stewart. But I could see Stewart being banned from racing for life.
  4. just reading through some comments on internet stories about this, it is amazing the excuse making people are making for this guy.. Maybe Stewart could invoke "Stand your ground"? Typical rednecks. I see this took place in NY, so luckily its not Florida.
  5. Called directv up to try and negotiate a deal for extra innings. No dice. $120 for the remainder of the year. I tried every trick in the book. Finally told them to eat my balls. Call them back, tell them you are canceling service(As long as your contract expired) tell them AT&T, Comcast or whomever is coming out to switch you over for half the price you are paying DirecTv. I did this last week, they threw in Sunday Ticket and Showtime for free, and knocked off $25 off my bill. I would think they could do this with MLB extra innings.
  6. As a fan I would have loved to see them on that show. But I can see how it could be a distraction.
  7. I agree, and why wasn't Hack Wilson on the list. Or for that matter Frank Chance? Or anyone else who actually won a WS in a Cub uniform.
  8. http://imgur.com/Jc5HHWI.jpg
  9. Said more like 8-12 weeks on Boers and Bernstein. So maybe after the bye week?
  10. I remember that, mid 90's. Daley said if they moved out of Chicago they would have to be called Gary Bears, or Arlington Heights Bears.
  11. And Jacksonville should move anywhere but that dump of a city. Why don't the Raiders just move back to LA?
  12. So Texas could have three [expletive] teams? what's wrong with one state having 3 teams? I said shitty (crappy teams) I see that it looked like I was complaining about the amount
  13. So Texas could have three shitty teams?
  14. While I get the sentiment, there are definitely lots of people who really do hate him. And they are terrible human beings. I have talked to some people on FB who still pine for "dat McGowen" who left for Tampa
  15. For some strange reason, I only jumped 30 places in line from July 2013 to July 2014. I jumped 31,500 places from April 2012 to July 2013. I have an email into the season ticket waiting list asking, quite politely, WTF? Maybe they do it like the Bears did when I was on their season ticket list. On even numbered years they moved the list by 100's at a time but in odd years it moved just a couple numbers. The Bears and Hawks make you put a $100 deposit down per ticket to get your name on the list, so their lists are much smaller than the Cubs.
  16. I know they want to balance out the conferences but if Quebec gets a team does Detroit move back? I doubt it, I guess Columbus? Seattle probably gets the other team or maybe Las Vegas.
  17. How often do they update the list? Just once a year during the winter? I am 87,725 on the list now. I originally got on the list around 2003 or 2004, they contacted me about tickets in 2011 but I declined. I jumped back on in April 2013 and today was the first time I checked my number since then. I see that they are going thru about 30K people each year based on reading parts of this thread. I'm thinking the list will slow down considerably as the team gets better. I'm a bit worried that maybe I should have jumped right back on the list in 2011 instead of waiting until 2013 to get back on.
  18. It does piss me off. But this year the Hawks are playing out there again during spring training, looks like I will have to make my Cubs trip that week. It really is a nice stadium in a nice area with bars and restaurants and free parking. It will be filled with Hawks fans. The problem with the Coyotes is its so far away from the center of metro Phoenix, so people in the East Valley have to drive 50 miles to see a game. The Cardinals play right near there as well, but most of their games are on Sunday's when traffic isn't bad.
  19. He also seems to think he is bigger than he actually is. I barely heard of him, except for Boers and Bernstein ripping him a new one, sometime last season.
  20. This might be the worst article I have ever read on Jay Cutler http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/jon-greenberg/post/_/id/398/time-for-cutler-to-re-brand-himself-a-winner Who is this guy? I don't really read anything ESPN but this guy sounds like he should write for TMZ.
  21. The depth at QB,RB,WR, TE could be a huge issue if injuries happen. If the Bears D can finish top 20, I don't see any reason the Bears aren't a 10 or 11 win team this year.
  22. Yep, follow the Detroit model. Sharp most definitely will be gone after the upcoming season.
  23. I agree with you completely.
  24. In 3 years there will be little reason for him to play LENGTH: 12 YEAR(S) VALUE: $63,300,000 TYPE: STANDARD EXPIRY STATUS: UFA SOURCE: CapGeek SEASON AHL SALARY NHL SALARY P. BONUSES S. BONUS AAV CAP HIT 2009-10 $7,900,000 $7,900,000 $0 — $5,275,000 $5,275,000 2010-11 $7,900,000 $7,900,000 $0 — $5,275,000 $5,275,000 2011-12 $7,900,000 $7,900,000 $0 — $5,275,000 $5,275,000 2012-13 $7,900,000 $7,900,000 $0 — $5,275,000 $5,275,000 2013-14 $7,900,000 $7,900,000 $0 — $5,275,000 $5,275,000 2014-15 $7,900,000 $7,900,000 $0 — $5,275,000 $5,275,000 2015-16 $7,900,000 $7,900,000 $0 — $5,275,000 $5,275,000 2016-17 $4,000,000 $4,000,000 $0 — $5,275,000 $5,275,000 2017-18 $1,000,000 $1,000,000 $0 — $5,275,000 $5,275,000 2018-19 $1,000,000 $1,000,000 $0 — $5,275,000 $5,275,000 2019-20 $1,000,000 $1,000,000 $0 — $5,275,000 $5,275,000 2020-21 $1,000,000 $1,000,000 $0 — $5,275,000 $5,275,000
×
×
  • Create New...