Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Brian707

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    7,583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Brian707

  1. Sorry if this was already posted in a previous thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkueOZd_bgM&feature=youtu.be
  2. Before 1969 there were no playoffs, as for that year it more was the Mets getting really hot more than the Cubs choking.
  3. Chicago Blackhawks +700 Boston Bruins +850 Los Angeles Kings +900 Pittsburgh Penguins +1100 Anaheim Ducks +1200 St. Louis Blues +1200 San Jose Sharks +1400 Tampa Bay Lightning +1400 New York Rangers +1600 Montreal Canadiens +1800 Colorado Avalanche +2000 Minnesota Wild +2000 Detroit Red Wings +2500 Dallas Stars +2500 Philadelphia Flyers +2800 Columbus Blue Jackets +3300 Toronto Maple Leafs +5000 Vancouver Canucks +3300 Washington Capitals +4000 Edmonton Oilers +9000 New Jersey Devils +5000 Arizona Coyotes +5000 Winnipeg Jets +7500 Ottawa Senators +6600 Calgary Flames +12500 Carolina Hurricanes +10000 New York Islanders +6600 Florida Panthers +12500 Nashville Predators +7500 Buffalo Sabres +10000
  4. That was my first year following the Cubs. I remember being in school and our teacher had the game on the radio. 13-0 romp in game 1, Sutcliff homered. I think I got home in time for the 7th inning. Don't remember much about game two other than they won 4-2 or something like that. Then the weekend in San Diego, what a gut punch. But had they beaten San Diego, the Tigers probably would have won that series. 2003 was much worse imo though, They would have beaten the Yankees.
  5. Versteeg is out 3 weeks per Coach Q. I like this team on paper this year better too. Don't expect them to win the presidents trophy, or even the Central. But I think in the end they take the Cup. Next year I hope the cap will move up to 74 million, but even so they will lose Sharp/ Seabrook and while it won't be as bad as summer of 2010 they might take a step back for a season.
  6. I see a rematch of the 2013 Cup. Chicago vs Boston with Chicago winning again. Tampa seems to be a team on the rise with the "experts" I also see Colorado taking a huge step back.
  7. I think closer to kickoff it will be a pickem.
  8. I think they have found the price point where people won't be so eager to go higher. It went from $120 - $300 from the early 2000s to late 2000s but it has held steady the past few years after several people dumped or threatened to dump on the last price bump. I'm considering dropping DTV. I can pay it, and I like DTV in general, but I did some math on the expense. This year I will miss around 6 Bear games without NFLST. Give or take a game. I think ST with the extras is $350 or something like that. So I'm paying ~$60 for each of those 6 games. Yes, I know you get more with ST but let's face it, I'm paying for those 6 games because I wouldn't buy the thing if it wasn't for the Bears. And I'm moving to a new house, right down the street from a BW3. The first step though is to call them and say I'm leaving. See what they do to try to keep me. Been a customer for 15 years. Friend of mine, in Vegas stopped getting Sunday ticket because of this exact reason. He lives a few blocks from Green Valley Ranch so he just goes to the sports book on games that the Bears aren't shown locally. He doesn't gamble so he doesn't have to worry about losing money. And yes call Direct Tv, I called and told them Uverse was in the neighborhood and I set an appointment to switch, she said Direct Tv was superior(even though they are really the same company now). I said money was the difference, she said she would knock $25 off my bill, I still said that wasn't enough, she asked if she could give me anything complimentary to keep me as a loyal customer so I asked for Sunday Ticket and she gave it to me free. I am only a subscriber for 4 years.
  9. Versteeg looked like 2010 Versteeg yesterday. As for Rosival, if there is a team out there who is below the cap floor they might take him. Maybe this is why Stan is waiting until the last minute.
  10. I never bet a road favorite of greater than 3 points in the NFL. Pittsburgh will likely win but lots of points to lay.
  11. Home team was under the key number of 3 when lines came out, probably had a majority of the money come in on the Jets because of it. Vegas wants Bears money to come in to even it out.
  12. Interesting take on the cap situation and who gets sent off http://thecommittedindian.com/unto-breach-2-2-million-dollar-question/#more-10561
  13. Sunday's game was so frustrating. For as bad as the run D looked, they allowed 20 points in regulation, the offense should be able to score more than 20 points against the Bills. Just a terrible game on all fronts from the coaching all the way down. That being said Bears 24 Niners 23. Nothing to base this prediction on. Any status on Jeffery?
  14. how'd you pull that off? and here i was feeling good about getting my usual $15 for 3 months of xm by asking to cancel this morning. Tell them Uverse is in the neighborhood, and you are switching to them. They will ask you what they can do to make you stay. They are technically the same company now, but they don't want you to leave as long as your not locked into a contract with them already.
  15. Bears -6.5 o/u 49
  16. Bears 28 Bills 20
  17. The best was the top 13 why B&B suck. #13 being anti Ditka.
  18. Since its free to sign up for the list(unlike the Bears or Hawks) I would think maybe 1 out of every 10 people on the list would actually decide to become season ticket holders. With the team getting good, as others have said, the renewal rate will be higher. I'm just totally guessing on all of this though.
  19. Yep 30,000 exactly. 57,825 for me.
  20. I enjoy when one or both are on vacation and it is filled in by someone else, I might be in the minority but I enjoy when Rozner fills in. He is the only one who actually talks hockey and trolls the Vancouver Canuck fan base any chance he gets.
  21. I have too.
  22. If they add two teams (Vegas, Seattle) the conferences would be 16/16 but if they add Toronto and QC they are 16/18 unless they move back either Detroit or Columbus. I believe this realignment plan is only a 2 or 3 year deal anyway so they might redo it again or tweak it.
  23. This Or old man Ricketts had the ground crew outsourced for cheap foreign labor to save some money.
  24. I was at the time #3 on season ticket waitlist, so that Saturday night the Bears called and asked if I wanted to buy two tickets in the north end zone so of course I took them. Some idiot Bear fan was taunting a 12 year old in the bathroom, so I guess it can go both ways.
  25. Got tickets to the only 5pm Sunday start of the season (January 18 vs. the Stars). Sounded like a great idea for bringing very young kids that go to bed around 8, but just realized that could conflict with a possible 2pm NFC championship game for the Bears. Wonder if that actually happened if they would move the Hawks game back an hour or so? I hope this is something I have to worry about. That happened in 2011 when Bears played GB at 2pm. Hawks were supposed to play Philadelphia at 2pm, so they moved the game to 1130am. I remember listening to that game on my phone as I was walking around Soldier Field to get to my seat. The Hawks got killed and the Bears lost. SOB Ha! I was at that game too. Sat in front of an obnoxious female Packer fan who sounded like she smoked 4 packs of cigarettes a day for 40 years. I turned around and she was about 25 years old. Terrible day.
×
×
  • Create New...