Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Alex Gordon: FR: 69/216, .319/.426/495/.921, 7 HR, 29 BB, 34 K SOPH: 77/211, .365/.493/.754/1.247, 18 HR, 47 BB, 34 K JR: 94/253, .372/.518/.715/1.233, 19 HR, 63 BB, 38 K
  2. It's a passing comment, I doubt they know anymore than most of us (I'm sure Mr. Gallagher knows more :)). At this point, I'd be surprised if Sean doesn't start the season at AAA.
  3. Tons of pitchers lose velocity. Is there something I'm not getting here, or is Prior delusional. Looking at the rest of his quotes, it seemed like Mark was blaming mechanics for losing about 3 mph from his camp outings over the past few weeks.
  4. Two statistically bad outings, dropped velocity from his hey day, bad command and a spotty curve. But he improved from his previous outing today - definitely showing a reason to be hopeful.
  5. Grr, everyone on ESPN seems to think UCLA has lost their 1-seed. I hope bukie and co are right!!
  6. Where have I seen that point about Angel being ahead of the other pitcher because of his VWL stint before? :)
  7. You also hate Illinois. Not really (it's definitely way more Pac-10 homerism). And I think both should be in.
  8. They didn't have Brooks Lopez against Air Force and didn't have Anthony Goods for 6.5 of those 10 final games of the season.
  9. I bet getting a 40-man spot is a sticking point for him. There might be a team that will offer it ot him.
  10. I really wouldn't be surprised if the command comes along with 2 more starts, especially if he feels there's a mechanical problem (sounds like a lot of people who saw the game felt there was a problem with his release point).
  11. FWIW I think Stanford is much better than Illinois. I think they should get in before the Illini, but I am a Pac-10 fan. I think soccer10k does make some good points in favor of Stanford.
  12. That's my impression of him too, Vance. And his weaknesses are definitely correctable with more experience.
  13. I would think that with A&M's early exit from the Big 12 tourney that Georgetown would have just earned a #2 for the NCAA tourney with this win. i think they got a 2 seed with this as well....very good team and one to watch for in the tourney. Definitely. Watching them the last few weeks has been an eye opener. Their size creates some ridiculous matchup problems - I mean, I had a huge (overconfident) Gator fan tell me yesterday the team he didn't want to face was Georgetown. exactly....depending on the bracket they get dropped in, they are probably gonna be in my final 4 when i fill out my tourney. G-town looks awesome. For some reason I have seen three of their games, and they look so complete. Their front court is massive. Jeff Green is great, and Roy Hibbard is a monster. If Wallace can continue to make shots like he has... danger! Best front line in the nation.
  14. That's when he expects to know, it's not a hard deadline by which time he'll decide on Prior.
  15. I know. I'm trying to account for the other mph he's lacking. He could get it up to 94mph consistently. That would be him working back from shoulder injuries (maybe mentally too, as UK points out), that's not a surprise (it might never come back, it might). I think it's promising if he's missing 3 mph that he had earlier in camp (I was expecting him to bump up over 90 mph in the next few starts anyways). Are you hopefully that he'll regain form before March 20th? That's a mere 10 days away. I can easily see him getting his 4-seamer in the low 90s after 2 more starts. I'm more interested in his command and how his curve comes along. Piniella didn't set a hard deadline, and even if he did, he would fudge it if Prior was progressing. There comes a time when Prior won't progress as rapidly as he did from his first start to his second start - hopefully that comes after he's come close to acceptable for at least a 5th starter.
  16. Yes-time change tomorrow, and Arizona doesn't change times-so that's why the normal starting time for the games suddenly moved from 2:05 CT to 3:05 CT. Idiots!! (Apologies to our one poster in Tucson.)
  17. The Cubs would have to add Perez to the 40-man and someone would have to be dropped (obviously Coats and Dopirak are the leading candidates).
  18. I know. I'm trying to account for the other mph he's lacking. He could get it up to 94mph consistently. That would be him working back from shoulder injuries (maybe mentally too, as UK points out), that's not a surprise (it might never come back, it might). I think it's promising if he's missing 3 mph that he had earlier in camp (I was expecting him to bump up over 90 mph in the next few starts anyways).
  19. I would think that with A&M's early exit from the Big 12 tourney that Georgetown would have just earned a #2 for the NCAA tourney with this win. i think they got a 2 seed with this as well....very good team and one to watch for in the tourney. Definitely. Watching them the last few weeks has been an eye opener. Their size creates some ridiculous matchup problems - I mean, I had a huge (overconfident) Gator fan tell me yesterday the team he didn't want to face was Georgetown.
  20. The quote says 2-3 mph. He's correct when he says that.
  21. Bad mechanics lose him 2-3 mph? really? That's what I was thinking... I also don't buy the idea that velocity isn't something you lose! Yes, bad mechanics can allow you to lose a few ticks of velocity. He could mean he lost the velocity from his throwing sessions a few weeks ago (from this shift in mechanics).
  22. Moore will probably be at 3rd and his isn't too hot with the glove either. They've got Hoffpauir at first though, and he's pretty good. Moore's not that bad defensively. I thought he was racking up the errors, and was being considered for a move to the outfield ala Kelton because he couldn't handle 3rd defensively but we still wanted his bat? BA has continued to rate his glove pretty highly. His defense isn't GG-worthy, but it isn't bad. One of the main reasons he's moved around (he even tried a more demanding defensive position at SS) was to see if he could stick at a position where he isn't blocked at the big leagues.
×
×
  • Create New...