https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/every-mlb-prospect-who-added-2-mph-fastball-velocity-in-2025/
Jostin Florentino added 5.1 mph to his fastball from 2024 to 2025 (84.9 to 90.0 mph).
Today:
SS Ed Howard 1/3, BB
RP Mat Peters 0.1 IP, 1 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
RP Koen Moreno 3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K
Koen averaged 93.1, topped out at 95.5. Savant data for Koen's outing today.
Ayers went 0/3 with a walk yesterday. One of the outs was a 102.1 mph lineout to LF. No other Cubs got in the game yesterday.
Koen Moreno isn't starting today's game but I assume he'll get in as a piggybacking long reliever.
Cole Mathis hit a sac fly that just missed being a HR - 385 ft, 100.4 mph.
DH Owen Ayers 1/4, 3-run HR
1B Cole Mathis 0/2, BB, 2 K
RP Luis Martínez-Gőmez 2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 1 HBP
This is fantastic!
I have a few that I feel strongly: I think Ty Southisene and Kade Snell will both be at high-A. Otherwise, this feels pretty accurate.
Will be interested to see Dominick Reid and Ethan Conrad can both skip to South Bend and if Juan Cabada can skip the complex league (a la Jefferson Rojas). That would be nice.