2022 NFL Offseason Thread

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36374
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 1292
x 1693

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby rawaction » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:39 pm

Let's also point out that this suspension comes with no fine somehow (other than game salaries lost). And luckily for Deshaun, the Browns structured his contract so that he only loses $243,500 of the $230,000,000 they are going to give him as a reward for sexually assaulting 25+ women. That's just barely over a 1/10 of a percent of his contract for those scoring at home, (against a woman's will).
1 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 36919
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1232
x 9119

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:00 am

0 x
Image

UK
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21693
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 2:38 pm
x 258
x 873

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby UK » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:48 am

Also, look at the Browns 1st 6 games. I could get Clev to 3-3 with that schedule.
0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 26911
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 971
x 2092

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby CubinNY » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:54 pm

rawaction wrote:Let's also point out that this suspension comes with no fine somehow (other than game salaries lost). And luckily for Deshaun, the Browns structured his contract so that he only loses $243,500 of the $230,000,000 they are going to give him as a reward for sexually assaulting 25+ women. That's just barely over a 1/10 of a percent of his contract for those scoring at home, (against a woman's will).

Hopefully, he blows his knee out on the first play.
1 x

Bertz
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5524
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm
x 1905
x 2954

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby Bertz » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:05 pm

1 x

Tryptamine
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6991
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:13 pm
x 16
x 467

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby Tryptamine » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:32 pm

Bertz wrote:https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1554547264391155713?t=iJmm6V2vMUJW_7ElHFREMg&s=19


There's going to be way too many people who take that seriously and start trashing him.
1 x

User avatar
Old Style
Superstar
Posts: 11197
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 8412
x 1146

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby Old Style » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:38 pm

Like the James Harden stats in cities with great strip clubs vs ones without them. Lol.
1 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6523
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 2323
x 1738
Contact:

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby NOLA » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:33 pm

Ray Rice case vibes.

0 x

User avatar
cl smooth
All-Star
Posts: 3500
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: brooklynnnnnnnnnn
x 6103
x 1923

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby cl smooth » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:32 pm



rather watch favre throw 400 yards against the bears every game than to see this new age retro hippie [expletive] anywhere on a football field
0 x

abmillis
All-Star
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:46 pm
Location: Bridgeport, IL
x 608
x 221

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby abmillis » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:16 pm

Also, how are guys getting suspended and kicked out of the league for Marijuana use and this dude openly talks about using ayahuasca and nobody bats an eye?
1 x

User avatar
SouthSideRyan
is ELL
Posts: 50611
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:08 am
Location: South Loop
x 1087
x 2524

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby SouthSideRyan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:33 pm

cl smooth wrote:https://twitter.com/CBS58/status/1554942687815446530

rather watch favre throw 400 yards against the bears every game than to see this new age retro hippie [expletive] anywhere on a football field


Favre stole welfare money in Mississippi.
1 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

User avatar
cl smooth
All-Star
Posts: 3500
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: brooklynnnnnnnnnn
x 6103
x 1923

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby cl smooth » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:34 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:
cl smooth wrote:https://twitter.com/CBS58/status/1554942687815446530

rather watch favre throw 400 yards against the bears every game than to see this new age retro hippie [expletive] anywhere on a football field


Favre stole welfare money in Mississippi.


i chose my poison.
1 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 26911
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 971
x 2092

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby CubinNY » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:47 pm

abmillis wrote:Also, how are guys getting suspended and kicked out of the league for Marijuana use and this dude openly talks about using ayahuasca and nobody bats an eye?

Most people on that stuff horsefeathers and puke at the same time.
0 x

User avatar
Old Style
Superstar
Posts: 11197
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 8412
x 1146

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby Old Style » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:07 pm

CubinNY wrote:
abmillis wrote:Also, how are guys getting suspended and kicked out of the league for Marijuana use and this dude openly talks about using ayahuasca and nobody bats an eye?

Most people on that stuff horsefeathers and puke at the same time.

I do that whenever I see A-a-ron's stupid face.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6523
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 2323
x 1738
Contact:

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby NOLA » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:11 am

Tony Dungy is a Hall of Famer? Seriously?

Edit: Also, what a weak HOF class this year.
0 x

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 34337
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 am
Location: West Michigan
x 1355

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby Andy » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:18 am

NOLA wrote:Tony Dungy is a Hall of Famer? Seriously?

Edit: Also, what a weak HOF class this year.

He's credited as a pretty revolutionary DC and won a title as a head coach. He's not the top of the top by any means but that seems pretty noncontroversial to me.
1 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6523
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 2323
x 1738
Contact:

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby NOLA » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:26 am

Andy wrote:
NOLA wrote:Tony Dungy is a Hall of Famer? Seriously?

Edit: Also, what a weak HOF class this year.

He's credited as a pretty revolutionary DC and won a title as a head coach. He's not the top of the top by any means but that seems pretty noncontroversial to me.

By that standard, should a Dick Vermiel or Mike Holmgren be in? He didn’t even coach that long.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
Superstar
Posts: 11691
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 1234
x 1203

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby TomtheBombadil » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:34 am

Dungy is the Cover 2 guy, right? That might HOF worthy by itself?
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
Old Style
Superstar
Posts: 11197
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 8412
x 1146

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby Old Style » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:53 pm

Now Rodgers is openly talking about taking mushrooms in addition to ayahuasca during the NFL season. How is that not against the NFL's drug policy????????????????
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8436
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 8583
x 3984

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:10 pm

Some of the fake outrage at Rodgers' psychedelic use here is pathetic. There are all kinds of legit reasons to loath the guy. Stick to those instead of morphing yourself into some cranky boomer.
2 x
"We are at a point in time where comments can be interpreted as racist, sexist, Anti-semitic, etc. depending on the circumstance and the listener." -B2B

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 76979
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1863
x 4492

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby Derwood » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:16 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:Some of the fake outrage at Rodgers' psychedelic use here is pathetic. There are all kinds of legit reasons to loath the guy. Stick to those instead of morphing yourself into some cranky boomer.


I don't know that anyone objects to his drug use. They're objecting to the fact that while some players are given lengthy suspensions for drug use, Rodgers can openly brag about it and receive no punishment
2 x

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8436
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 8583
x 3984

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:20 pm

Derwood wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:Some of the fake outrage at Rodgers' psychedelic use here is pathetic. There are all kinds of legit reasons to loath the guy. Stick to those instead of morphing yourself into some cranky boomer.


I don't know that anyone objects to his drug use. They're objecting to the fact that while some players are given lengthy suspensions for drug use, Rodgers can openly brag about it and receive no punishment

I understand the hypocrisy, but I'll point out that the NFL is changing. They no longer test for weed in-season, for instance. That's probaby why Rodgers is talking about it now, as opposed to when he was initially taking the schooms. I'll also point out that when near-bulletproof NFL players openly talk about their (theraputic) drug use, it really does help bring about change.

*I am not implying that weed does not have theraputic value. Quite the opposite.
0 x
"We are at a point in time where comments can be interpreted as racist, sexist, Anti-semitic, etc. depending on the circumstance and the listener." -B2B

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36374
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 1292
x 1693

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby rawaction » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:35 pm

NOLA wrote:
Andy wrote:
NOLA wrote:Tony Dungy is a Hall of Famer? Seriously?

Edit: Also, what a weak HOF class this year.

He's credited as a pretty revolutionary DC and won a title as a head coach. He's not the top of the top by any means but that seems pretty noncontroversial to me.

By that standard, should a Dick Vermiel or Mike Holmgren be in? He didn’t even coach that long.


LOL. Dick Vermeil is literally in THIS Hall of Fame class being inducted tomorrow. Holmgren will also be in.

Also, Dungy coached for 28 years in the NFL, 13 as a head coach, and like was said he's the Cover 2 guy, has quite a large coaching tree at this point (including 2 of the best in Tomlin and Reich) and is the first black HC to win a Superbowl. His resume is slam dunk HOF worthy
1 x

User avatar
Old Style
Superstar
Posts: 11197
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 8412
x 1146

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby Old Style » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:45 pm

Derwood wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:Some of the fake outrage at Rodgers' psychedelic use here is pathetic. There are all kinds of legit reasons to loath the guy. Stick to those instead of morphing yourself into some cranky boomer.


I don't know that anyone objects to his drug use. They're objecting to the fact that while some players are given lengthy suspensions for drug use, Rodgers can openly brag about it and receive no punishment

This.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8436
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 8583
x 3984

Re: 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:48 pm

Old Style wrote:
Derwood wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:Some of the fake outrage at Rodgers' psychedelic use here is pathetic. There are all kinds of legit reasons to loath the guy. Stick to those instead of morphing yourself into some cranky boomer.


I don't know that anyone objects to his drug use. They're objecting to the fact that while some players are given lengthy suspensions for drug use, Rodgers can openly brag about it and receive no punishment

This.

A fair amount of the comments here were not "this." It's why I used the word "some."
0 x
"We are at a point in time where comments can be interpreted as racist, sexist, Anti-semitic, etc. depending on the circumstance and the listener." -B2B


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bertz, Derwood, gflore34, UMFan83 and 14 guests