Guess what an idiot with a Twitter account did now

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Re: Guess what an idiot with a Twitter account did now

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:45 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:Damn, people can't even use the Twitter tags in the horsefeathers' Twitter thread.

...was this in reference to the tweet I posted getting deleted?
0 x
"We are at a point in time where comments can be interpreted as racist, sexist, Anti-semitic, etc. depending on the circumstance and the listener." -B2B

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:30 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Damn, people can't even use the Twitter tags in the horsefeathers' Twitter thread.

...was this in reference to the tweet I posted getting deleted?

Initially, but even before it was deleted it wasn't showing up for me.

It's just an annoying little thing; depending on the browser/add-ons combo, if people post tweets here without using the tags, it just says "Loading tweet..." perpetually and nothing ever loads, and you have to click on the link to get it to load another tab.

And there's the added bonus that if someone doesn't use the tags and the tweet gets quoted, then even if it did show up in the initial post, all that shows up in the quote is the tweet address.

TL;DR: use them tags, baby.
1 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:25 pm

Maybe that’s why YouTube videos don’t show up in Safari on my iPhone? There isn’t a YouTube tag though …
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:57 pm

Derwood wrote:Maybe that’s why YouTube videos don’t show up in Safari on my iPhone? There isn’t a YouTube tag though …

youtube videos don't show up in safari or chrome on my iphone. started about 3 months ago.
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:46 pm

I see the youtube videos only when the url is “youtube.com”. They never show when it’s “youtu.be” or whatever the horsefeathers that link is.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:56 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:I see the youtube videos only when the url is “youtube.com”. They never show when it’s “youtu.be” or whatever the horsefeathers that link is.

That's the link for a video when you click the "share" button on YouTube. Those tend to work for me here, but when people just copy the address bar url, I often get an issue like the Twitter one.

Basically there's no one way that works across all the browsers/platforms, and it sucks.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:10 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:I see the youtube videos only when the url is “youtube.com”. They never show when it’s “youtu.be” or whatever the horsefeathers that link is.

That's the link for a video when you click the "share" button on YouTube. Those tend to work for me here, but when people just copy the address bar url, I often get an issue like the Twitter one.

Basically there's no one way that works across all the browsers/platforms, and it sucks.

Browsing the internet on a phone just sucks to start with
1 x

Tryptamine
5-Time All-Star

Postby Tryptamine » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:26 pm

Derwood wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Browsing the internet on a phone just sucks to start with

It really does. When I go to check box scores on espn, almost every single time I'll click one game and get another game because it takes about 5 seconds after the page shows up for the games to sort properly. So Even if I click on the Cub box score, I'll get some other game.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:01 pm

Those "dark web intellectuals" really are the gifts that keep on giving:

0 x

Return to “Social”