Better Call Saul (Again)

Brian707
All-Star

Re: Better Call Saul (Again)

Postby Brian707 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:13 pm

Bote McBoteface wrote:
Old Style wrote:
Bote McBoteface wrote:The teaser for the finale has leaked, so be careful for that.

Not next week's but the final episode?

Correct, yeah, Its the teaser for the finale. Not the cops pulling up that we saw after episode 11.

I saw it(mild spoilers, my comment doesn't reveal much)

Spoiler: show
Its only about 9 seconds and looks like the desert scene from Season 5??? Based on that crappy car Jimmy drives
0 x

Bote McBoteface
All-Star

Postby Bote McBoteface » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:20 pm

Old Style wrote:
Bote McBoteface wrote:
Old Style wrote:Not next week's but the final episode?

Correct, yeah, Its the teaser for the finale. Not the cops pulling up that we saw after episode 11.

Yikes, I wonder how that leaked. Where did you see it? Want to avoid that at all costs. Hopefully it gets pulled ASAP.

It was posted on the BCS Subreddit, a link to a youtube clip. I would just avoid that subreddit entirely.
1 x

Old Style
Superstar

Postby Old Style » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:23 pm

I don't check that much but I definitely will avoid it now.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

Bote McBoteface
All-Star

Postby Bote McBoteface » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:39 pm

Brian707 wrote:
Bote McBoteface wrote:

I saw it(mild spoilers, my comment doesn't reveal much)

Its only about 9 seconds and looks like the desert scene from Season 5??? Based on that crappy car Jimmy drives

HEY! Its an import.
3 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:02 pm

CoolHandLuke wrote:I'm wondering, with what is I'm assuming to be a very healthy salary from Gus, why does Mike still do PI type work for Saul?

It's one of those things that we just have to roll with.

If I'm being honest, I don't think what we've seen in BCS really make Saul and Mike's relationship at the time of Mike's first BB appearance really make all that much sense. Hell, most of what comes afterwards in BB (in terms of what we see of who Mike is and what he does/can do) doesn't really make much sense either, IMO.

It's not show-breaking because the shows are so horsefeathering good, and there's enough hand wave room there to be, like, "yeah, it works, I guess," but if I was being REALLY pedantic (shocker, I know), I don't think it really works that Mike would be doing PI work for Saul, or doing the type of cleanup for Saul that we see in his first appearance.

For one, as people pointed out, he's on Gus' payroll. I don't care how "quiet" things get; it's still a multi-national drug business where Gus is dangerously trying to hide in plain sight, AND keep his cartel bosses from knowing what's going on. Mike is going to be horsefeathering busy and well-payed for all of that, Lalo or no Lalo.

And the other is that Mike clearly cannot horsefeathering stand Jimmy/Saul at all. I thought BCS was going to establish that they have some kind of bond or connection that would explain why Mike would be doing schlub work for him. Yeah, they survived the desert together, but even after that Mike still acts like Saul is something he scraped off of his shoe.

So, yeah, like I said, not a dealbreaker or actually "bad" or whatever....but it doesn't really work all that well if you spend too much time thinking about it.
2 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:18 pm

Was it just me, or did the RV in this episode look different from BB? It seemed significantly bigger inside or something. Not sure if it was just my imagination but I recently rewatched BB and it just felt off.
1 x

Old Style
Superstar

Postby Old Style » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:19 pm

He's trying to make as much money as possible to leave for Kaylee. With the Salamancas dealt with he has plenty of free time. He had a relationship with Saul first so it doesn't surprise me that he is still doing side jobs for him when he's not needed by Gus.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:51 pm

David wrote:
Was it just me, or did the RV in this episode look different from BB? It seemed significantly bigger inside or something. Not sure if it was just my imagination but I recently rewatched BB and it just felt off.

yes it was, I had the same thought
1 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:55 pm

Old Style wrote:
Bote McBoteface wrote:

Yikes, I wonder how that leaked. Where did you see it? Want to avoid that at all costs. Hopefully it gets pulled ASAP.

From what I read it was accidentally shown as an ad for people that watched the most recent episode online.
0 x
Win it for Fred

Old Style
Superstar

Postby Old Style » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:12 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
David wrote:

yes it was, I had the same thought

How ‘Better Call Saul’ Recreated ‘Breaking Bad’s’ Most Iconic Set

When set decorator Ashley Marsh found out “Better Call Saul” was going to revive the iconic RV from “Breaking Bad,” she was psyched. And luckily, the original “Krystal Ship” had been kept safely stored at the Sony lot. There was only one issue: the RV was “completely gutted on the inside.”

To make sure the RV interior looked exactly like it did in “Breaking Bad,” Marsh then set out to find a 1986 Bounder — the same model used for the exterior shots — to gather seats, lights, a mini-fridge door and window coverings.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:25 pm

David wrote:

► Show Spoiler
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:30 pm

Old Style wrote:He's trying to make as much money as possible to leave for Kaylee. With the Salamancas dealt with he has plenty of free time. He had a relationship with Saul first so it doesn't surprise me that he is still doing side jobs for him when he's not needed by Gus.

► Show Spoiler
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:46 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
David wrote:

► Show Spoiler

i had the same thought... like, eh, i guess you can say that's just how he remembered it.
1 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:50 pm

David wrote:

thought the exact same thing
1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Old Style
Superstar

Postby Old Style » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:04 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Old Style wrote:He's trying to make as much money as possible to leave for Kaylee. With the Salamancas dealt with he has plenty of free time. He had a relationship with Saul first so it doesn't surprise me that he is still doing side jobs for him when he's not needed by Gus.

► Show Spoiler

I'm not sure why BB discussion is being spoiler tagged here but remember the whole Madrigal bit when Mike started showing up at their facilities to do surprise inspections? It was supposed to be just a money laundering front yet he wanted it to seem legitimate in case someone questioned it. He clearly had plenty of free time. And being "Head of Security" for Gus meant him dealing with high level cartel problems. It's not like he was worried about shrinkage at the damn chicken restaurants. Lol.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:15 pm

Old Style wrote:I'm not sure why BB discussion is being spoiler tagged here but remember the whole Madrigal bit when Mike started showing up at their facilities to do surprise inspections? It was supposed to be just a money laundering front yet he wanted it to seem legitimate in case someone questioned it. He clearly had plenty of free time. And being "Head of Security" for Gus meant him dealing with high level cartel problems. It's not like he was worried about shrinkage at the damn chicken restaurants. Lol.

► Show Spoiler
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:47 am

Poster from next mondays episode (6x12) leaked early:

0 x
Win it for Fred

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:28 pm

at the risk of pulling a derwood here, TIL that the first horsefeathers they scammed was Buzz from home alone
1 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:30 pm

David wrote:at the risk of pulling a derwood here, TIL that the first horsefeathers they scammed was Buzz from home alone

Somebody probably unnecessarily spoilered that factoid a couple pages back.
4 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:04 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
David wrote:at the risk of pulling a derwood here, TIL that the first horsefeathers they scammed was Buzz from home alone

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=71&start=1775#p504665

:hello:
1 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:28 pm

These last two episodes have been interesting for sure, but I don't think I've like them as much as everyone else.

First, the black and white for the early gene "flash-forwards" was a cool aesthetic, but full episodes in B&W feel like bad student films and remove a great deal of the beautiful colors and cinematography I love about the show.

Second, the tone is SOOOO different than the rest of the show. There are times when it doesn't even feel like the same show.

Third, it feels like we've invested in six seasons of character development for Jimmy/Saul/Gene to...what? Learn that he's just the horsefeathers person we thought he was the first time we saw him in BB?
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:30 pm

Derwood wrote:These last two episodes have been interesting for sure, but I don't think I've like them as much as everyone else.

First, the black and white for the early gene "flash-forwards" was a cool aesthetic, but full episodes in B&W feel like bad student films and remove a great deal of the beautiful colors and cinematography I love about the show.

Second, the tone is SOOOO different than the rest of the show. There are times when it doesn't even feel like the same show.

Third, it feels like we've invested in six seasons of character development for Jimmy/Saul/Gene to...what? Learn that he's just the horsefeathers person we thought he was the first time we saw him in BB?

The exact reasons you don't like it is what makes it great.

A great deal of the color of Jimmy's life was removed when he vacuumed himself. He is Jimmy, just like his brother said.
4 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:33 pm

Derwood wrote:but full episodes in B&W feel like bad student films

This right here is peak Derwood. You can be none more Derwood.
6 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:51 pm

ok
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:53 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:

Don't want to spoil Home Alone for those that haven't seen it yet
1 x
Win it for Fred

Return to “Social”