Better Call Saul (Again)

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Better Call Saul (Again)

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:43 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:I’m of the mind that spoiler tags are unnecessary in this thread. At this point, if you’re coming in here before watching an episode, what are you thinking? I was 3 behind and avoided it until caught up.

Only exception is if there is some actual spoiler for an unaired episode.

I can't believe I'm gonna defend spoilers, but I think there should at least be a window, like 48-72 hours. A lot of people can't watch because of work or travel or kids or whatever, and it takes them a day or to catch up. Using the tags is such a minor thing to do, since that's an actual case where something that actually matters from the episode could screw things up for people.

Normally I would wait to watch until the next day because I hate the horsefeathering commercial breaks, but I'm making the time for these final episodes. When I've one that before, however, I appreciated the spoiler tags since there'd often be still be broader non-spoiler talk as well.

These posts don’t get plastered on the main page. You aren’t in danger of seeing something unless you click on the thread, and if you aren’t caught up here in the stretch run, you shouldn’t be in the thread.

Also, adding spoiler tags via phone is annoying
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:45 pm

yea, I mean at this point 90% of this thread is spoiler tagged. I dont think we need then anymore unless its future/leaked stuff
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:17 pm

3 x

Old Style
Superstar

Postby Old Style » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:18 pm

Spoiler: show
I think Kim told Gene on the call that she's pregnant with Jesse Pinkman's baby.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:12 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:Also, adding spoiler tags via phone is annoying

7 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:14 am

Plot hole?

Mike was hired to find out everything he could about Walt. He found out things like where he works and the exact stage of cancer he has and prognosis. Ultimately he strongly cautions Saul to not to work with Walt. But he left out one important detail that a private detective like Mike surely would have uncovered and would have surely hindered Saul from working with Walt: his brother-in-law is a freaking DEA agent!

I mean yeah it didn’t stop Gus from working with him but Gus is deeply in the drug business and is extremely calculated with what he does. He also has no troubles killing Hank if he got in the way. Saul doesn’t have any of those advantages. He just sees Walt as a mark that he can develop into a profit machine.
4 x
Win it for Fred

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:02 pm

UMFan83 wrote:Plot hole?

Mike was hired to find out everything he could about Walt. He found out things like where he works and the exact stage of cancer he has and prognosis. Ultimately he strongly cautions Saul to not to work with Walt. But he left out one important detail that a private detective like Mike surely would have uncovered and would have surely hindered Saul from working with Walt: his brother-in-law is a freaking DEA agent!

I mean yeah it didn’t stop Gus from working with him but Gus is deeply in the drug business and is extremely calculated with what he does. He also has no troubles killing Hank if he got in the way. Saul doesn’t have any of those advantages. He just sees Walt as a mark that he can develop into a profit machine.

I had the same thought
0 x

Old Style
Superstar

Postby Old Style » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:35 pm

Brian707 wrote:

I had the same thought

Same. I kept waiting for him to bring that up.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:32 pm

Old Style wrote:
Brian707 wrote:

I had the same thought

Same. I kept waiting for him to bring that up.

Yeah, it's a really good point.

And the weirdest part about it not being there is that I think Saul still totally would go for it even if he knew about Hank. Like, it wouldn't have been hard for him to suss out how desperate Walt was, and how he could take advantage of it.

I mean, Gus (and maybe even have Saul) no doubt have dealings with corrupt cops and officials and whatnot, which is already a similar situation: those people are assets doing their dirty horsefeathers directly with or adjacent to the people who could bring them down. It's just odd for it to be something Mike wouldn't have brought up and warned Saul about.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:04 pm

Interesting image...I'd have to watch the scene again to see whether this was intentional framing or this redditor happened to stop the video at the exact right spot, but I'm guessing the former.

Considering the reference made during the same conversation about his pet fish, and the poster for the episode showing the fish inside that beaker, it seems to further push the idea that Saul was the puppeteer partially responsible for Walt's rise and their future downfall. Nothing groundbreaking since this was already widely interpreted this way, but nice job of framing
3 x
Win it for Fred

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:47 am

Who was the guy mike and jimmy were talking about, the second story guy?
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:38 am

javy knows my name wrote:That said, I disagree that we're going to find out what was said there...how?

Revelation: Kim is alive and checked on Jimmy! The fans won't riot. Though the last time we saw her, she had destroyed her life, and as the writers have suggested, a fate worse than death awaits. In the scene when he calls her, there was a problem with the shot. Noisy trucks kept going by when Gene was talking to her. Do you want to tell us exactly what was so upsetting about that call?

[Laughs] Yeah, those trucks, we couldn't control them…. We will learn the details of the phone call; we will know what was said in a future episode. It's just right now we wanted to keep the mystery going of: What is going on in the world of Kim Wexler? You said she's alive, but I don't know. Is she alive? Can you tell from that phone call? He asked for Kim Wexler [laughs] on the end of that line and then heard something that made him slam the phone down and break the glass. So we'll find out in a future episode exactly what words were spoken.

https://ew.com/tv/better-call-saul-prod ... -kim-fate/
0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:12 pm

big ball chunky time wrote:Who was the guy mike and jimmy were talking about, the second story guy?

I didn't get that either
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:24 pm

I just assumed it was another potential mark/connection; not necessarily somebody we would know from either show.
2 x

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:33 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I just assumed it was another potential mark/connection; not necessarily somebody we would know from either show.

Same. Is there another movie or show that used that phrase to refer to a climbing, acrobatic type of thief that can scale walls to break into upper floors? I figured it was just to illustrate that Mike is Saul's primary connection to the underworld.

I'm wondering, with what is I'm assuming to be a very healthy salary from Gus, why does Mike still do PI type work for Saul?
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:36 pm

CoolHandLuke wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:I just assumed it was another potential mark/connection; not necessarily somebody we would know from either show.

Same. Is there another movie or show that used that phrase to refer to a climbing, acrobatic type of thief that can scale walls to break into upper floors? I figured it was just to illustrate that Mike is Saul's primary connection to the underworld.

I'm wondering, with what is I'm assuming to be a very healthy salary from Gus, why does Mike still do PI type work for Saul?

guessing with lalo out of the picture, there's no one really bothering gus. hector is in his wheelchair dinging away while the cousins are doing their thing and tuco is either still in jail or dead at this point. mike has time on his hands and doing private investigating work for saul keeps him busy while making easy cash.
0 x

Old Style
Superstar

Postby Old Style » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:43 pm

I think the creators of BB/BCS have conditioned us to look for some hidden meaning in every minor thing that's shown on screen when many times that is a fool's errand. I know I've been guilty of it plenty of times. It's a testament to how incredible these shows really are and how much detail they actually go into.
2 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:43 pm

cl smooth wrote:
CoolHandLuke wrote:

guessing with lalo out of the picture, there's no one really bothering gus. hector is in his wheelchair dinging away while the cousins are doing their thing and tuco is either still in jail or dead at this point. mike has time on his hands and doing private investigating work for saul keeps him busy while making easy cash.

Tuco is not dead yet in the BCS timeline. Mike is a hustler. I'm sure Saul paid him a handsome fee for running down some things for him. It appears that this was a standard report on a lot of things.
0 x

Bote McBoteface
All-Star

Postby Bote McBoteface » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:49 pm

The teaser for the finale has leaked, so be careful for that.
0 x

Old Style
Superstar

Postby Old Style » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:51 pm

CubinNY wrote:
cl smooth wrote:
CoolHandLuke wrote:

Tuco is not dead yet in the BCS timeline. Mike is a hustler. I'm sure Saul paid him a handsome fee for running down some things for him. It appears that this was a standard report on a lot of things.

Not correct. Tuco died in episode 2 of season 2. Saul's first appearance was in episode 8 of the same season.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:54 pm

Old Style wrote:
CubinNY wrote:
cl smooth wrote:

Not correct. Tuco died in episode 2 of season 2. Saul's first appearance was in episode 8 of the same season.

Thank you. I stand corrected.
0 x

Old Style
Superstar

Postby Old Style » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:00 pm

Bote McBoteface wrote:The teaser for the finale has leaked, so be careful for that.

Not next week's but the final episode?
0 x

Old Style
Superstar

Postby Old Style » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:01 pm

CubinNY wrote:
Old Style wrote:
CubinNY wrote:Tuco is not dead yet in the BCS timeline. Mike is a hustler. I'm sure Saul paid him a handsome fee for running down some things for him. It appears that this was a standard report on a lot of things.

Thank you. I stand corrected.

I had to look it up to confirm but I was pretty sure that was the case.
0 x

Bote McBoteface
All-Star

Postby Bote McBoteface » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:07 pm

Old Style wrote:
Bote McBoteface wrote:The teaser for the finale has leaked, so be careful for that.

Correct, yeah, Its the teaser for the finale. Not the cops pulling up that we saw after episode 11.
0 x

Old Style
Superstar

Postby Old Style » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:11 pm

Bote McBoteface wrote:
Old Style wrote:

Correct, yeah, Its the teaser for the finale. Not the cops pulling up that we saw after episode 11.

Yikes, I wonder how that leaked. Where did you see it? Want to avoid that at all costs. Hopefully it gets pulled ASAP.
0 x

Return to “Social”