Game of Thrones

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:16 pm

OleMissCub wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNwwt25mheo&t=58s&ab_channel=HBOMax

Matt Smith is such a great choice for this.
1 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:38 pm

i put the teaser in the TV thread because I didn't feel like searching for this, but now that it's bumped I will add that I'll need to get more of a look at it, but I at least appreciate the effort to make the throne more books accurate, while still making it something that could reasonably end up what it was on GOT.

oh, and let's check in on George

Of course, the NFL and DirecTV had both games on at the same time, which meant I had to record them both and spend all day switching back and forth between them, while falling further and further behind. I also had to avoid looking at the scores at the bottom of the screen, lest one game spoil the other, or vice versa. Both teams entered the day at 0-3, and I had every expectation of them ending it at 0-4. The Giants had played pretty well through those first three losses, losing the last two on last second field goals as time expired, but they were playing the Saints in the Superdome. Even without Drew Brees, the Saints are a pretty formidable team, and more so when at home. As for the Jets, well, they were in Jersey against the Titans, and the Titans are no powerhouse… but Gang Green had looked so absolutely wretched in their first three outings that I figured we’d get crushed anyway.

The way the Jets game opened, it looked like my fears were well placed… but in the second half they came alive, and HOLY HELL our kid quarterback (who has a helluva arm, even if he does look as though he is straight out of high school) started heaving bombs down the field. To JETS receivers, not the other team. And suddenly we were winning. Then, of course, with a game almost won on a 4th and 10, we committed a killer penalty and almost blew it, and the Titans tied it up and sent it into overtime and Parris was charging up our home defibrillator. My teams have a way of stopping my heart. (That’s a joke, guys. A joke. I feel compelled to add that, for fear of what kind of headlines you might see on the clickbait websites elsewise).

But then, after snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, the Jets went to overtime, won the toss, marched the ball down the field, and snatched it right the hell back. Whoeee. A VICTORY! After last year, Jets fans had mostly forgotten what that felt like.

Meanwhile, over on t’other channel, the Giants were doing the same thing. That game started tight, with the G-Men holding up well against the New Orleans O, but then the Saints started pulling ahead and I started feeling gloomy. But NO! The Giants came back, and Danny Dimes had the best game of his career, making some heart=stopping heaves and earning his nickname. Could we possibly have turned a corner? Oh, that would be sweet. It is only one game, of course… but if Daniel Jones can keep it up, Blue could well get Big again.

Oh, and the throws that Zach Wilson made… DAMN, what an arm. So that’s why the Jets took him. He keeps that up, he’ll need a nickname too. The BYU Bazooka? Mad Bomber 2.0? Zach the Cannon? Some of his heaves took me back to the heyday of the AFL, when Broadway Joe and Darryl Lamonica were firing balls fifty yards downfield.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:04 pm

Is anyone really excited to watch this?
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:06 pm

CubinNY wrote:Is anyone really excited to watch this?

not me, sadly. I know that the "Double D's" thankfully aren't involved in the show, but still...I'm not too excited.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:06 pm

Yes
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:06 pm

no, but the announcement gives George 15 months to drum up interest with a book drop.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:13 pm

Whoever watches post here if it's good enough to be worth subscribing back to HBO for.

K thx.
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:34 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNwwt25mheo&t=58s&ab_channel=HBOMax

Matt Smith is such a great choice for this.

in my head i couldnt see it. but yeah, seeing him in that teaser ... it's perfect
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:37 pm

im not like whacking off over it but i promise you when we're a week out from the premiere there's gonna be a ton of buzz and i will be whacking off
5 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:21 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:

no, but the announcement gives George 15 months to drum up interest with a book drop.

i used to laugh at my book friends who have been bitching for the better part of the decade thinking george would never release another book

then i finished the books during quarantine and now i think the odds of george actually dropping winds before the show comes out to be pretty much 0
1 x

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:44 pm

lol
1 x

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:58 pm

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/

good news everyone, george has written "several hundred pages"...

...of fire and blood volume 2
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu May 05, 2022 4:19 pm

0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Thu May 05, 2022 4:36 pm

lets horsefeathering go
0 x

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Thu May 05, 2022 4:54 pm

I loved the books, and adored the first few seasons of Game of Thrones. But I have no current plans to watch this. The last series ended just so poorly (and so recently), that I don't really have the desire right now to maybe get invested in another show that could end up sucking.

I'm going to wait until reviews are in on the first season or two before deciding if it's worth looking into. Something tells me a lot of others will be doing the same.
1 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Thu May 05, 2022 5:00 pm

Rob wrote:I loved the books, and adored the first few seasons of Game of Thrones. But I have no current plans to watch this. The last series ended just so poorly (and so recently), that I don't really have the desire right now to maybe get invested in another show that could end up sucking.

I'm going to wait until reviews are in on the first season or two before deciding if it's worth looking into. Something tells me a lot of others will be doing the same.

no you wont lol
2 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu May 05, 2022 7:13 pm

Whenever I see that there is a new post in this thread, it makes me frown.
0 x
"We are at a point in time where comments can be interpreted as racist, sexist, Anti-semitic, etc. depending on the circumstance and the listener." -B2B

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu May 05, 2022 7:20 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:Whenever I post, it makes frown.
2 x

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Thu May 05, 2022 7:22 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I post.
2 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu May 05, 2022 7:27 pm

Rob wrote:I p.
1 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu May 05, 2022 9:03 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:Whenever I post, it makes frown.

Don't make me tap the avatar again.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu May 05, 2022 9:05 pm

big ball chunky time wrote:
Rob wrote:I loved the books, and adored the first few seasons of Game of Thrones. But I have no current plans to watch this. The last series ended just so poorly (and so recently), that I don't really have the desire right now to maybe get invested in another show that could end up sucking.

no you wont lol

I actually will do this. But not actually having a HBO subscription currently is how I back up this claim with some certainty. There's a few other HBO shows I've maybe wanted to check out and binge, but probably need one more to make it worthwhile. Then sign up and binge a bunch as quickly as possible and cancel again.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu May 05, 2022 9:15 pm

Rob wrote: The last series ended just so poorly (and so recently)

not recent at all
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Thu May 05, 2022 9:19 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
big ball chunky time wrote:

no you wont lol

I actually will do this. But not actually having a HBO subscription currently is how I back up this claim with some certainty. There's a few other HBO shows I've maybe wanted to check out and binge, but probably need one more to make it worthwhile. Then sign up and binge a bunch as quickly as possible and cancel again.

My claim is only backed up by the backlog of things that I want to start watching, but haven't had the time and mental energy to do. For instance, Succession has been sitting at near the top of my list since like August and I haven't touched it yet. I think Better Call Saul is the only "smart" show I've mustered up the attention span to watch since I went back to school. Everything else has been dumb fun I don't have to pay attention to like Reacher and the Marvel shows.
1 x

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Thu May 05, 2022 9:24 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Rob wrote: The last series ended just so poorly (and so recently)

not recent at all

I understand from an objective timeframe, it's been like three years. But with COVID, it's been relatively commonplace for shows to have abnormally long breaks between seasons. For instance, Barry's season 2 finale was on the same night as the finale of Game of Thrones. Season 3 just premiered the other day.

I get that it's just a "feel" thing, but with everything going on it doesn't feel like that long ago I was watching new episodes of Game of Thrones. That's all I'm saying.
0 x

Return to “Social”