Game of Thrones

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby big ball chunky time » Thu May 05, 2022 10:39 pm

Rob wrote:For instance, Barry's season 2 finale was on the same night as the finale of Game of Thrones.

what the hell is this true
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Thu May 05, 2022 11:36 pm

big ball chunky time wrote:
Rob wrote:For instance, Barry's season 2 finale was on the same night as the finale of Game of Thrones.

what the hell is this true

Both aired May 19, 2019.
0 x

XZero77
Superstar

Postby XZero77 » Fri May 06, 2022 12:22 am

Rob wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Rob wrote: The last series ended just so poorly (and so recently)

not recent at all

I understand from an objective timeframe, it's been like three years. But with COVID, it's been relatively commonplace for shows to have abnormally long breaks between seasons. For instance, Barry's season 2 finale was on the same night as the finale of Game of Thrones. Season 3 just premiered the other day.

I get that it's just a "feel" thing, but with everything going on it doesn't feel like that long ago I was watching new episodes of Game of Thrones. That's all I'm saying.

It's true, time and memory have lost all meaning over the past 2 1/2 years. Kind of joking, but not really. Stranger Things is another example, as the last episodes aired in July 2019, and we're just about to get new eps. Season timetables are all screwy, and things feel like their long past but also fresh in the memory.

The foul, nasty taste of the last couple seasons of GoT is still in my mouth, and it would take something pretty spectacular for me not to permanently have my perception of the franchise tainted by it, but I am totally going to watch this. Still so much potential there.
0 x

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:34 am

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/202 ... er-garden/

grrm posts a non update update about winds (im assuming to head off annoying questions as he probably has to do a lot of HoD promotion soon)
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:26 pm

I bought “Fire and Blood” to read on my upcoming travel. Anyone read it?
0 x

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:27 pm

CubinNY wrote:Is anyone really excited to watch this?

im not like whacking off over it but i promise you when we're a week out from the premiere there's gonna be a ton of buzz and i will be whacking off

im whackin
4 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:58 pm

I mean, I'm gonna watch it. But...I'd have probably been fine if they'd just let it be, tbh.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:09 pm

I didn't exactly love the way GoT ended its run (just don't care enough to have strong opinions about it), and told myself I'd delay-watch HoD at best. However...man, I know I'll likely succumb and watch it as it airs.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:18 pm

Just flipped to HBO just in time to see the end of the Red Wedding, so I've got that to think about for the rest of the day
1 x

The SABR Gamer
Formerly New York Cubs Fan

Postby The SABR Gamer » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:11 am

Okay, that was pretty horsefeathering great. Matt Smith is going to absolutely own this show.
1 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:03 am

Yeah I’m in. It’s just basically GOT with different characters but similar settings, dialogue, drama, back stabbing/plotting, etc and I mean that in a good way. Good to be back in that universe with what seems to be good story telling.
Last edited by Cubswin11 on Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Screw Pitchers

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:12 am

yeah that was good horsefeathers
1 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:52 am

I"m watching on HBO Max, and in the previews, I saw that they are making a show or movie based on The Last of us.
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:28 pm

i wasn't really sure of the timeframe of this story ... was disappointed to find out it takes place post-Maegor, he was the most memorable character in the book to me, sort of like having a Gregor analogue who flies a dragon.
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:10 pm

But anyway, as for the show ... it's been so long since I've been deep in the book lore etc, but the whole "aegon had a dream, a targ must sit on the throne to fight back the white walkers one day ... a song of ice and fire he called it!" stuff was new information, right? I don't remember that from the books for the Targ dynasty history book that GGRM wrote. It made me wonder if this show is going to be more of a lead-in to the eventual Martin book ending rather than connect directly to the HBO show and how it ended.
0 x

The SABR Gamer

Postby The SABR Gamer » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:15 pm

big ball chunky time wrote:But anyway, as for the show ... it's been so long since I've been deep in the book lore etc, but the whole "aegon had a dream, a targ must sit on the throne to fight back the white walkers one day ... a song of ice and fire he called it!" stuff was new information, right? I don't remember that from the books for the Targ dynasty history book that GGRM wrote. It made me wonder if this show is going to be more of a lead-in to the eventual Martin book ending rather than connect directly to the HBO show and how it ended.

Did you enjoy the episode?
0 x

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:21 pm

big ball chunky time wrote:But anyway, as for the show ... it's been so long since I've been deep in the book lore etc, but the whole "aegon had a dream, a targ must sit on the throne to fight back the white walkers one day ... a song of ice and fire he called it!" stuff was new information, right? I don't remember that from the books for the Targ dynasty history book that GGRM wrote. It made me wonder if this show is going to be more of a lead-in to the eventual Martin book ending rather than connect directly to the HBO show and how it ended.

yes, new information straight from GRRM.

the autists have theorized, as an alternative theory, on the subreddit for years that what the scroll rhaegar read that turned him from a nerd into a warrior was a targaryen prophecy regarding the white walkers/long night etc (as opposed to a prophecy specifically about azor ahai)

viserys sauid something about a targaryen must sit the iron throne and the whole realm needs to be united to beat back the long night which doesn't happen in the show but i could see happening in the book
1 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:30 pm

SpongeWorthy wrote:

yes, new information straight from GRRM.

the autists have theorized, as an alternative theory, on the subreddit for years that what the scroll rhaegar read that turned him from a nerd into a warrior was a targaryen prophecy regarding the white walkers/long night etc (as opposed to a prophecy specifically about azor ahai)

viserys sauid something about a targaryen must sit the iron throne and the whole realm needs to be united to beat back the long night which doesn't happen in the show but i could see happening in the book

oh, if that was a GRRM add, that's very exciting to me, a huge loser nerd who's convinced the books, which are never coming out, will come out.
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:32 pm

New York Cubs Fan wrote:

i thought it was great. matt smith is going to eat. I thought the actress who played Rhaenyra was really strong. I don't love Paddy Considine in his role but I have to admit he does have a certain Viserys vibe, I just can't see him and not see his Hot Fuzz character.
2 x

bukie
Superstar

Postby bukie » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:23 pm

New York Cubs Fan wrote:

i thought it was great. matt smith is going to eat. I thought the actress who played Rhaenyra was really strong. I don't love Paddy Considine in his role but I have to admit he does have a certain Viserys vibe, I just can't see him and not see his Hot Fuzz character.

4 x
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

The SABR Gamer

Postby The SABR Gamer » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:29 pm

New York Cubs Fan wrote:

Basically just stealing my thoughts here. Great to hear. Matt Smith is so horsefeathering awesome, and I totally agree that Rhaenyra was great. Paddy worked much better than I expected, he was quite good. I really buy the reluctant ruler vibe from him.
2 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:01 am

The SABR Gamer wrote:
New York Cubs Fan wrote:

Basically just stealing my thoughts here. Great to hear. Matt Smith is so horsefeathering awesome, and I totally agree that Rhaenyra was great. Paddy worked much better than I expected, he was quite good. I really buy the reluctant ruler vibe from him.

Viserys is just Dollar General Aegon and he really does a good job of portraying a guy who knows he’s just a diminished version of the guy everyone truly loves.
4 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:49 am

I'm reading Fire and Blood right now (about 275 pages in, so circa 55-60 AC with Jaeherys as king) and so my initial reaction was disappointment that they opted to skip Aegon's conquest and all the Maegor stuff.

That said, this was a surprisingly emotional episode. The entire birth scene contrasted with the jousting was just really, really great storytelling, and the funeral pyre reveal was devastating.
2 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:17 pm

4 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:39 pm

1 x
"We are at a point in time where comments can be interpreted as racist, sexist, Anti-semitic, etc. depending on the circumstance and the listener." -B2B

Return to “Social”